1. Happy Halloween!

Info Index + rules + Q&A

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara, Sep 14, 2013.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome to the Jedi Council (JC) and FanForce (FF)! :)

You've found the best place to start. As you know this place is called Welcome New Users (WNU). Here you can introduce yourself*, get a first feeling for posting and the community as well as to improve your posting skills and get help, if you have questions. The links below (index) will lead you to the right place.

In addition, this thread can be used as a place to ask Question & get Answer (Q&A). But this shouldn't stop you from posting your question wherever it comes up.

In the end you'll find some rules for the use of socks and for welcoming users. They are pretty simply, but might be handy to know.

Enjoy your stay! :)

*This thread is not for introducing. It would be too much. But you are free to post your own welcome thread in WNU or simply say 'hi' at the Newbie Welcome Party. That's more efficient. You'll see.

Index

Informational & Helful Threads:
    - Newbie Adoption
    - Introduction to Social Groups and Threads
    - WNU Guide to FanFics
    - Map of the Boards
    - Glossary for Newbies
    - Special Features: How can I do...? What is...?
    - Practice Mark-Up Codes

Social Threads:
    - Newbie Welcome Party
    - Teh Mole Game
    - Pillow Fight
    - Hugs For Newbies and Oldbies
    - Getting to know you: What did you do yesterday?
    - Getting to know you: Ask a questions, answer a question!
    - How did you come up with your username?
    - Meme Request
    - Meetup of real Oldbies
    - Sock Welcome Thread

SW surveys & researchs:
    - Questions
    - SW research

More threads:
    - Skiara's Away

In case you get heavy problems, please, read the Sexual Harassment Policy. You'll find an helpful guideline.

(Almost) last but not least, for those who enjoy forum archology: The last/old Index!

Special Rules

Socks:
    A second/third/fourth/etc. username of an existing main account is called a sock. If you like to use a sock, please, keep the following rules in your mind:
    - Don't have a conversation with yourself by using your main account and your sock(s).
    - Don't post with a sock while your main account or any of your socks is banned due to 'bad behaviour' - only allowed action: Sending a PM to one of the mods to speak about your ban privately. If you get a game-ban (a ban because of losing a game), you are allowed to post with your other usernames.
    - Don't start a welcome thread with your sock. It's unfair for the regulars who are thinking your sock is a brand new user and wanting to help him/her to give him/her a good start here.

Welcoming new members:
    It's pretty cool that you like to welcome our newbies. Just keep in mind that posting the same text over and over again makes a new member feeling of being 'just another one' and less 'individually welcomed' as well as it's considered spam for upping ones post-count. So, if you need to decide, less welcomes but more individuality is a lot better.
    Last edited by Skiara, Jun 23, 2014
  2. driftwoodms14 Jedi Youngling

This is my first post and would like to say hello to everyone here. I love all things Star Wars. In real life I am a psychotherapist so I guess that equates to a 'Minder' in Star Wars speak. :)
  3. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome @driftwoodms14! :) Since this is the index and Q&A thread, introduction threads usually gets posted on its own. So feel free to post your own welcome thread. You'll get more feedback. :)
  4. The Bearded Jedi Jedi Youngling

Greetings to everyone. I just found the the Forums while sorting through the powers of Google. I am in North San Diego County and looking forward to any events, etc that I can participate/volunteer/assist in. Until next we meet, be well.
  5. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome @The Bearded Jedi! Please, see my post above. If you make your own introduction thread, you'll get more replies and suggestions where to pariticpate. :)
  6. BlakeB25 Jedi Youngling

Hello everyone! Name is Blake. I'm new to this sight and have a lot of questions about Star wars and the expanded universe. Hope you all have a good day!
    Last edited by BlakeB25, Jan 10, 2014
  7. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome @BlakeB25! :) Please, see my post above. This thread isn't exactly for welcoming. ;)
  8. BlakeB25 Jedi Youngling

Sorry my bad!
  9. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
  10. JoeTattoo Jedi Youngling

Good info here.
    Last edited by JoeTattoo, Feb 5, 2014
  11. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
  12. Obi-yoda Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks so much for making this thread! Really helped me out. One question though: where can I find a list of the ranking systems (for the titles under usernames)? Most of it's intuitive, but a list would be nice in case I ever forget :)
    Last edited by Obi-yoda, Mar 10, 2014
  13. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Obi-yoda likes this.
  14. TheLastMandal0rian Jedi Padawan

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but what is the "Throw a Dice" choice under More Options that we have on our own posts in threads?
    Last edited by TheLastMandal0rian, Mar 26, 2014
  15. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
  16. Alanarchy Jedi Youngling

Newbie, but longtime fan saying hi!
  17. Master Yellow Lightsaber Jedi Youngling

18. thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Master

star 2
  19. NecroRAM Jedi Youngling

Knew about and been lurking theforce.net on and off for more than 10 years now, but never actually registered. So hello everyone, my name is Aram, im 23, from Armenia.

Im mostly interested in lightsaber dueling, so where is the correct board to post about duels?
    Thanks
  20. ShebaSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Hi there. Long time fan of SW, but a newbie to the forum. I've lurked around for years off and on, and figured it was about time I actually registered/joined. ^_^
  21. IHAntares Jedi Youngling

Hi,

I'm a new guy, on the Rebel Legion forums (Elstree Base). So I thought I should make a start here, too, so that I can keep up with Star Wars.

And I'm looking forward to seeing what my time on TheForce.net brings :).
  22. IronAngel89 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm a newbie to the site and to Star Wars altogether, I intend to delve right into the Star Wars mythos, I feel like I've missed out on so much already.
  23. mecaka Jedi Padawan

Hi! I'm a little confused about PMing... I signed up for FF challenge where someone is supposed to send me a quote, and I don't know where to see if they did. Thanks!
  24. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Look up in the right-hand corner of the screen. Near your user name you'll see 'Inbox'. If you have a message waiting there will be a number there. To read the message click on the Inbox. BTW - they are called 'conversations' here.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Jun 19, 2014
  25. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Thanks, Laj! :)

Did it help, @mecaka?
Moderators: Skiara