main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Index + rules + Q&A

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 14, 2013.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    From the answers above, yes, you could post a link, as long as you selected the right forum.

But if the moderators thought, Mm. Nice that you have registered with us, but your very first message, even before saying hello, was about this figure; could this be advertising?- they could delete it.

When you do get around to saying 'hi', Hi back.

Skiara likes this.
  2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    What Sithy said above. Of course, you can post a link, but it has to be within the rules. That means promoting your review will be deleted, but if you ask for feedback in the appropriated board, it's fine. Generally spoken.

...and saying 'hi' first doesn't hurt, does it?

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  3. thestraightpoop76

thestraightpoop76 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2015
    lol i kept seeing people intro'ing themselves here and being told "oops not the right place for that" haha so I figured, just get to the meat of the question ;-) - so, where exactly IS the right place to post the link........ and hi! haha

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Funny, since this board (not this thread) is THE place to say 'hi'.

Your review would fit best to the collecting or the FanFilm board, which can be found at the FanActivity section.

If you need a link, let me know. I'm on my mobile and linking is highly uncomfortable with the device.

5. thestraightpoop76

thestraightpoop76 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2015
    oh - first page had a lot of "Since this is the index and Q&A thread, introduction threads usually gets posted on its own. So feel free to post your own welcome thread. You'll get more feedback" so I figured, save the intros for somewhere else haha thanks!

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, that's right. Your question above came across a bit like 'I don't need to greet'. That was the reason for the reaction followed. Glad to hear that it's just a misunderstanding and you were going to make a welcome post somewhere. :) Have a great time at these boards! I guess you'll have it! :)

7. DjangoKet

DjangoKet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 15, 2015
    Wagwan, just wondering why i am unabe to post replies on certain threads? Like the 'how spoiler free, will you stay?' thread for example.
    Also is there a sub-forum where you can discuss Star Wars games would be stoked to meet like minded Rogue Leader/Jedi Academy fans.

8. Cleo Jinn

Cleo Jinn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 7, 2015
    Hi, I'm not new, but I have a question, but no where is it answered, so I decided to ask it here.
    How do you make a thread?

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You found the right place to ask this, Cleo Jinn. :)

Just visit the board where you want to post your thread and hit the button on the right side (right under "log out"). Have you found it? If you prefer testing it first, you're free to open one test thread in here (thinks to know: it'll be locked within a week or when it has served its purpose and it must be for a reason).

10. Cleo Jinn

Cleo Jinn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 7, 2015
    Thanks Skiara :D

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome and if you need more help, just let us know in here. :)

Cleo Jinn likes this.
  12. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016

I'm wondering the same thing. Is there a post threshold that must be met before you can post in certain places?

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    There is not! What forums are you having trouble with?

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Sepra, there are boards that are read-only (e.g. archive) or you need to get allowance to post there (like the non-spoiler boards). But to help you in detail, we need to know which board you are talking about.

Dagobahsystem and Sepra like this.
  15. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Thanks for getting back to me! It looks like I got the notice on boards where I really only needed to post once or twice on the newbie boards before I got started. I'm not having that issue anymore, thanks!

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Oh, it might have been that the system needed a minute or two to realize that you're onboard or it was because of not being allowed to post too fast. But glad to hear that it works again.

17. Emerald Skywalker

Emerald Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2016
    Why is your profile picture such a pixelated image? Skiara.

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Because we had smaller ones with less pixel allowed at the old boards and I just kept it after the big move.

Btw and in case you wanted to tag me, you need to add an @ right in front of my username. :)

Edit: Btw #2, you're the first one who ask me this. Took some time. ;)

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  19. JawaDog

JawaDog Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 2, 2016
    Is there a way to search the forums for a particular topic? Jawadog doesn't want to post questions that have been previously discussed.

20. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    JawaDog, the search function got disabled, because it caused problems. But you can use the google search adding "site:boards.theforce.net" without the quotation marks after your search words, like:

star trek site:boards.theforce.net

In case you want to be sure about your topic, you are also free to send a PM to the moderator of the board where you'd like to post it. He/She knows, if it fits and if it's doubled. :)

21. JawaDog

JawaDog Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 2, 2016
    Thank you Skiara

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome, JawaDog! :)

Just a short note, it helps to keep threads readable, especially on small screens, when you use the reply function only when it's needed. This time tagging me would have been enough. :)

23. jkthunder

jkthunder Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2005
    Is there a search function in the forums? I've been looking around with no luck - might be just missing it.

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    jkthunder, the search function got disabled because of stability issues, but there's a work around: use google and add "site:boards.theforce.net" without the ". Then google just search this forum.

25. luketheforeigner

luketheforeigner Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    Hey Guys, Im new here and can anyone relay me some of the ways to get points and what is double-posting thanks