Indian Weave...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by JediMasterGuff, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I heard the Jedi costumes for the PT were made from some expensive Indian weave or something.

Just how expensive is it and has anyone tried to make a set of robes with it?

(I like my costumes to be perfect ;) )
  2. Jauhzmynn Jedi Master

star 4
    JediMasterGuff,
    I think the Indian home spun is insanly difficult to find and exspensive.(Probably quit hot to wear.)
    I HAVE seen fabrics that look just like it and is much cheaper. I think others here can give you guidance to what can work for you IF the indian homespun can't be locaited.
  3. Primrodo Force Ghost

star 4
    This is another example of why a Sticky would be useful...
  4. PadawanRoo Jedi Knight

star 1
    actually, Indian Homespun is EXTREMELY cheap, and MUCH lighter than raw silk. You can get it for about four bucks a yard at most ethnic stores (not to be confused with import stores, which overcharge everything). It's the loose-woven cotton material that Ghandi and his followers made and wore when protesting British textiles.
  5. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yes, the Cotton Khadi is pretty cheap in countries where there is no restriction for the import of foreign cotton fabrics. When looking for it, ask for KHADI, not Indian Homespun or else you'll end up with Verthi, Dhoti, Cheesecloth etc etc anything that had been "homespun".

There is also Silk Khadi and it's pretty expansive (if I'm not mistaken, it cost ~USD60/m here).

Primrodo
    > This is another example of why a Sticky would be useful...

Hai . . .Well, we almost got it but someone choose to blew it. [face_plain] 1 sticky was suppose to be a beginning for more, or at least shows to newbies (and regulars) the way to other important threads that can't go under the TFN Costumes Forum FAQ.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.