main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones 4 Merchandise, Books and Toys - Indiana Jones Cereal

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    So, ah, anyone else get the first official Kingdom of the Crystal Skull shirt from the SW OS? Supposed to ship tomorrow :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. DrSartorius

DrSartorius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    Yep. I ordered it a few days ago. :-B

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Sweet. Yeah, sorry, shipping Wednesday is what I meant. I'm so excited to wear it the instant I get it.

-sj loves kevin spacey

4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Cool Toy Review has the first look at the possible final packaging design for all the upcoming Indy merchandise.

Blister Packaging Design
    [image=http://www.cooltoyreview.com/toys2007/IndianaJonesblister.jpg]

Window Box Packaging Design
    [image=http://www.cooltoyreview.com/toys2007/IndianaJonesbox.jpg]

Hanging Tag Packaging Design
    [image=http://www.cooltoyreview.com/toys2007/IndianaJonestag.jpg]

Header Card Packaging Design
    [image=http://www.cooltoyreview.com/toys2007/IndianaJonescard.jpg]

These haven't been finalized yet, but I think they're perfect as is.

5. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Sneek Peek at The Making of Indiana Jones from Starwars.com

Indiana Jones is Back -- and Del Rey's Got Him
    September 27, 2007

Del Rey Books, an imprint of Ballantine Books at the Random House Publishing Group, has announced that it will publish tie-in books based on the long-awaited, eagerly anticipated new movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which will premiere throughout the world on May 22, 2008.

Del Rey Books was the publisher of the original movie novels, and this new adventure will be penned by New York Times-bestselling author James Rollins (Black Order, Map of Bones, Sandstorm, and the forthcoming The Judas Strain). Del Rey will also be publishing The Making of Indiana Jones by Laurent Bouzereau and J. W. Rinzler, a behind-the-scenes look at the people, places, technology, and events that went into the creation of all four Indiana Jones movies, beginning with the classic Raiders of the Lost Ark and culminating with an up-close-and-personal look at the brand-new blockbuster.

"We're very excited to be working with Del Rey on the new Indiana Jones books," said Carol Roeder, Lucasfilm's Director of Publishing. "Del Rey was there with the first Star Wars novel, and the first Indiana Jones novel, so it's wonderful to be able to continue the great adventure together."

"The Indiana Jones movies have attained legendary status in the world of film, and the character of Indiana Jones is a legend in his own right," noted Del Rey editor Shelly Shapiro. "We are thrilled to be a part of his return, and to have the opportunity to show an entire new generation of readers how exciting these novels can be."

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/films/img/20070925_bg.jpg]

Image of The Complete Making of Indiana Jones above is a preliminary photo and not the final cover.

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I have to say that if that's the packaging, then there's nothing too exciting. And I say that as a good thing. They're sticking true to what got them there. That's how all the old Indy toys used to look. That packaging above could be from 2007 just as easily as it could be from 1987. Cool. :)

7. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Indiana Jones the Breakfast Cereal!

[image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0011602.jpg]

Yum yum.

8. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Nothing says 'action-adventure' like a bowl full of chocolate boulders and skull-shaped marshmallows.

Start your morning the Indiana Jones way... with more fat and sugar than you could possibly need in a 24-hour period!

9. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Just up for pre-order over at Gentle Giant...

An Indy mini bust(no pic as of yet)

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/product/detail/367

And this little beauty of Indy on horseback(drool, drool)....

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/product/detail/366

What's that flapping sound? Oh, it's the money leaving my wallet.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I just received the e-mail for those today. I'm really looking forward to the mini-bust but not so much the statue. The face on it looks a little strange and it's a little out of my price range. :p

I can't wait to see the final image of the bust, though.

11. Med_21B

Med_21B Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2004
    I'll definitely be picking up the bust, not the statue though: the horse looks like a little pony with sticks for legs. I would pick up some other busts though if they made them.

_Max

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Just saw that SW.com has the final cover for the Making of Indiana Jones book up on their site. Here's the link for anyone who's interested:

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/films/news20071221.html

And interestingly enough, the back cover of the book may contain the first image of Cate Blanchett's character, Agent Spalko. It's not a clear picture but take a look at the woman in the black hairdo in the lower left image.

13. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Yep that's her. I'm so buying this book.

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    It's great to see things finally starting to come together!

One of the covers for the comic adaptation was just posted recently over at theraider.net:

http://theraider.net/information/literature/gallery/indy4_comic.jpg

It appears to be a beautiful photo montage done by Steve Anderson. It appears this cover is just the first in a line of images Anderson did for various products and if so, I can't wait to see the rest!

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I hate to double post, but I just found what appears to be a complete list of figures and playsets Hasbro will be producing starting as early as February:

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾? BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 1 - February 2008
    Marion Ravenwood
    Indiana Jones Cairo
    Indy Temple of Doom
    Cairo Swordsman
    Sallah
    Belloq
    German Soldier with gun
    Monkey Man with monkey

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾? BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 2 - April 2008
    Indiana Jones
    Indiana Jones
    Mutt Williams
    Mutt Williams
    Irena Spalko
    Dovchenko
    Narzca Warrior
    Cemetery Warrior
    Russian Soldier

INDIANA JONES 3¾? BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 3 - June 2008
    Indiana Jones
    Dr. Henry Jones
    Elsa
    Young Indy
    Grail Knight
    Vogel
    INDIANA JONES 3¾? BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾? DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 1 - March 2008
    Deluxe Indiana Jones with Trap
    Deluxe Indiana Jones with Trap
    Deluxe Indiana Jones with Horse
    Deluxe German with Motorcycle

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾? DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 2
    Mutt Williams with Motorcycle - April 2008
    INDIANA JONES 3 ¾? DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 3 - May 2008
    INDIANA JONES 3 ¾? DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 4 - June 2008
    INDIANA JONES 12? ASSORTED
    Wave 1 - April 2008
    Wave 2 - April 2008
    Wave 3 - July 2008
    Wave 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES 2? ADVENTURE HEROES 2 PACKS
    Wave 1 - March 2008
    Wave 2 - April 2008
    Wave 3 - July 2008
    Wave 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES VEHICLE AND PLAYSETS
    Indiana Jones 3.75? Vehicle Assortment
    Wave 1 - March 2008
    Wave 3 - April 2008
    Wave 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES TITANIUM DIE-CAST VEHICLES
    Waves - TBC

INDIANA JONES PLAYSETS
    Indiana Jones 3.75? Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Playset - TBC

Indiana Jones 1:64 Scale Die-Case Adventure Playset - TBC
    INDIANA JONES ROLE PLAY
    Indiana Jones Role Play ? Whip - April 2008
    Indiana Jones role Play - Sword - June 2008

INDIANA JONES MIGHTY MUGS
    Wave 1 - July 2008
    Wave 2 - September 2008

What really jumped out at me was the list of figures for KOTC. It appears we have some name confirmations and new names popping up all the time. Some fun stuff!

16. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Hasbro has also announced a mail-away offer for its Indiana Jones toylines called Indiana Jones: Ticket To Adventure. Here's the details,and it looks to include spoilers:

In the Adventure Heroes line, send 6 different stickers away to receive a Indiana Jones figure with horse!

In the 12-inch line, send 4 different stickers away to receive a 12-inch scale Ark of the Covenant!

In the 3 3/4-inch line, send 6 different stickers away to receive a Crystal Skeleton figure with Throne!

17. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I hope that's coorect about the first wave of figures hitting shelves in February.

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice find, JediOverlord! I've seen quite a bit of rumors flying about concerning the Crystal Skeleton and Throne and its role in the film. Out of all of them, I think that's the one I'm most interested in and will probably attempt in picking up.

As for the February release, I'm hoping for that too. I'm really excited about this line and I can't wait to add it to my collection! :)

19. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Just up for pre-order at monstersinmotion.com for July shipping .... 1/7 scale Kotobukiya RAIDERS Indy;

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/11758

Oh yes, this one shall be mine.=P~

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Huh, that's not too bad for the price. With Kotobukiya, I was expecting it to be more expensive.

There's so much stuff I want to pick up, I'm gonna end up broke by the end of it. :p

21. JediOverlord

Apr 28, 2000
    Ain't It Cool News has showed a picture of a Japanese company coming out with keychain-like items of the different relics from the Indy films, including the crystal skull. As someone who collects keychains, I hope they'll be available over here, or some U.S. company will make Indiana Jones keychains that will be as good, if not even greater than what AICN pictured.

EDIT: I do not want to link to the AICN picture, since the website that they took the picture from removed it on their site at Paramount's request.

22. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Just spotted this beautiful comic cover on TF.N main page:

http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/IJATKOTCS1.jpg

It appears to be done by Hugh Fleming.

23. JediOverlord

Apr 28, 2000
    I was doing some looking around online, and saw that Basic Fun, the company that makes all kinds of novelty keychains, like those based off of old toys and board games, and who are making SW keychains from both the films and the new Clone Wars series, is going to be making an Indiana Jones keychain for the new movie, which will be a light-up version of the crystal skull. No pictures haven't been shown, but it sounds neat.

Also, it seems LEGO is going to be making keychain versions of the Indy LEGO mini-figures, like they've done for SW, Harry Potter, Batman, and SpongeBob SquarePants.

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    QFT. Nice Work

25. JediOverlord

Apr 28, 2000
    Does anybody have a list of all the companies that have licenses to make Indiana Jones merchandise, besides the ones we know about? That would be great, because it would give us all an idea of what all to expect to see out there this summer.

I've been looking online, and haven't found anything. Maybe I just haven't found the right place, or haven't entered the right search term into Google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.