main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones 4 Merchandise, Books and Toys - Indiana Jones Cereal

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i just hope they're paying drew struzan and the estate of richard amsel very well for the constant over-use of thier indy images,which seem to be plastered all over the various merchandise.

2. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Wow, all this merchandizing is going to make it feel like The Phantom Menace all over again.

3. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Speaking of merchandising, SW.com just posted a notice that there will be an IndianaJonesShop.com where you can get all of your IJ goodness. It is not going to be open until April 1st but it is going to have exclusive items being sold and on opening day everything will be 10% off.

www.indianajonesshop.com

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    *eagerly awaits Indiana Jones the flame thrower*

:p

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The children love that one.

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    lol. Odds this will taste like cardboard?

I love how all the merchandise uses Raiders art :p

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm sure the box will but I plan to eat the cereal inside.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    What? You don't *eat* that stuff :p I still have unopened Star Wars cereal from AOTC.

-sj loves kevin spacey

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh, good. At least I'm not the only one. :p

Anyway, does anyone know when the Indy figures will actually be hitting shelves? With ROTS, that magic date was April 4th, so I figure it must be soon.

10. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Entertainment Earth has pictures up of Basic Fun's Indiana Jones Crystal Skull keychain.

Looks neat.

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that I found the Indiana Jones Omnibus Volume 1 in a local bookstore here in the UK today. It's the same size as the SW X-Wing Omnibus comic tpbs. This one collects 'Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis' issues #1-4, 'IJ: Thunder in the Orient' #1-6, and 'IJ and the Arms of Gold' #1-4. Copyright date on this is 2008 so it is new.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I saw a couple things at the bookstore recently too. It was the novelizations of the films compiled together in one big book. I paged through it, but didn't bring myself to buy it.

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    You should have. I bought the same book a few weeks ago. It was a fun read.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Was that the adult novelizations? I had been looking for that but none of the bookstores had it. I know Scholastic are re-releasing the juvenile books in a boxed set as well.

15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Has anyone here actually found the cereal yet? :confused:

16. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I have! Bought a box at Target just a couple of days ago. It would be perfect if it had just come with a light-up spoon. Why oh why must Kellogs make me choose between Froot Loops and Indy Cereal?

17. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I've been wondering what happened to that. I haven't seen it at Walmart so I thought that Kellogg's maybe decided not to make it. Glad to hear it's out there. By the way how does it taste?

18. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Tastes fine. Nothing amazing--just cocoa puff type cereal pieces with marshmallows.

It was fun guessing the vague marshmallow shapes without cheating by reading the box. The crystal skull and hat are obvious enough, but I was sure that the "torch" was a bucket of gold or something. I had no clue what the brown triangle(ancient temple) was.

19. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Breakfast is just for breakfast again! :eek:

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    What's for dessert? Chilled monkey brains? :p

21. PeteTB

PeteTB Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    Does anyone know when the Complete Making of Indy book comes out?!!?!?!! THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!

22. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    It's already out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.