Indiana Jones Action Figures

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Captain_Typho, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MICK2M6 Jedi Padawan

Got my crystal skull figure today. And it is beautiful. Now if I can only find wave 3.
  2. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm still waiting on my Crystal Skeleton to arrive.

EDIT: Talk about a short wait. I just got it in the mail a couple of minutes ago. The box is way bigger then I was expecting. The figure is really cool but I just love the throne.
  3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Hmm, well I guess that's good news amidst all my frustration. Hopefully I'll be receiving my skeleton within the next week.

Anyone have any pictures?
  4. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    Yay, I got the crystal skeleton today!!!!! [face_dancing]

Only problem is, the moronic mailman stuck the package in my mailbox instead of bringing it to the front door, and it won't come out the end that I open to remove the mail (I have one of those small apartment mailboxes that you need a key for!) So it either stays in there til I catch the mailman and have him remove it on his end.....or I shred the box (which is very pretty) inside the mailbox and get the figure out.... [face_plain]
  5. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Well, I had some luck tonight. Went to Wal-Mart and finally found Young Indy and Tie Indy. They had two of each and that's it and I really had to dig for them. The rest of the pegs were overflowing with the usual and they were stuffed in the very back on an end cap. I missed them the first time but something told me to go back and look through everything. I'm glad I did. I have a feeling I won't find the others, but we'll see.

And on a side note, my Crystal Skeleton still hasn't arrived. :(
  7. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well Walmart has rolled back the prices of the Indy figures from 6.97 to 5.44 but it's already too late, the Indy toy line is dead.

Straight from the horses mouth:
    http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_INDIANA_JONES_QA_The_Answers_117835.asp

Cool Toy Review: Is the German Mechanic figure shown in the second Raiders of the Lost Ark wave scheduled for January going to include any accessories (wrench, removable hat and shirt etc...)?

Also, would it be possible to see a picture of the stands that will be included in this wave as well as Mola Ram without his head dress?

Hasbro: Right now, we are not going to be revealing any more details or information on this wave due to the likelihood that it will not make it out.

Cool Toy Review: What is your internal "doomsday date" to determine the future of the Indiana Jones line at retail? Or, what specific date in the coming months is the "point of no return" for Indy's future? Will there be enough time to "rescue" the line to produce and distribute post-Temple Of Doom/Wave 4 if the Indy line indeed starts to sell at a faster pace?

Hasbro: Right now, it's highly unlikely that the line will continue significantly beyond the holidays this year.

Cool Toy Review: Would you consider continuing the line as online exclusives with a higher per-figure price if it is not feasible to continue the line at stores like Wal-Mart and Target? In order to get figures like Oxley, Mac, Donovan, and Marcus collectors would be willing to pay more.

Hasbro: It would not be possible to continue the line in this manner, since the size of the IJ collector base is not enough to sustain development work and production volumes by itself.

Congrats Hasbro you've managed to do what no one else has done. You've killed Indiana Jones. />
  8. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    Unbelievable! And you know, the line did sell very well. Peghooks were empty at Walmart after they released. Hasbro killed the line by mass producing too much of waves 1, 2, and 3 and having those lines clog toy shelves instead of keeping new fresh figures coming in on the shelves. Also, the line might have sold better if we had more key characters and characters people care about rather than Cairo Thugs and Ugha Warriors.
  9. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Actually Wave 3 barely got to store shelves because of the glut of figures from Waves 1 and 2. Here's what I had to say about the whole situation over on the collecting board:

Ultimately what killed the line was that the retailers, specifically Walmart, over ordered and Hasbro over produced. When the Indy figures first hit they were hard to find. Most store didn't have anythings on their shelf for the launch date. Over the next two weeks the figures hit the shelves and were quickly bought up by collectors and fans. The week the film came out the pegs, at least in my area, were virtually empty. This is the point in time where the line was killed: The stores reordered Wave 1 and 2 completely filling their pegs to the brim. Unfortunately by that point the collectors pretty much already had what they wanted and were now waiting for the Last Crusade Wave in July. However there was no room for Wave 3 and the bulk of the figures started to warm the pegs. When Last Crusade figures did start to hit shelves Hasbro completely screwed up with it's case assortments by including figures from Wave 1 and 2, which were clogging pegs, instead of filling the case with Last Crusade figures only.

The line was killed the minute the stores restocked Wave 1 and 2.
  10. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    Yep, that's my assessment as well. Although I also think the line would have sold better if we had more key characters.
  11. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Well, that's a bummer. But really, I'm not surprised. The way things were going since July, it was only a matter of time.

Last Crusade figures never made it here(except for a select few) and the IJ figures that are currently on the shelves are down to two or three pegs. And what's this price cut you're talking about? Figures are still the the same price they were when they first came out around here. I hate my area. [face_frustrated]
  12. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    Just let me know HSolo. Like I said, I have every wave 3 figure on the pegs here in my town, and I can get them for cheap at walmart and ship them to you. I'm just down the road about 300 miles or so.....

edit:

You know, for Lucas to be in story creation mode for Indy 5, it is kind of strange to halt the line at this point.
  13. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well it looks like Hasbro is only going to release Indy toys if there is a film to back it up so Indy 5 is our best shot at the line continuing.
  14. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I scored Colonel Dovchenko today at the Walmart in Jacksonville, TX. There was only one and he was just mixed in with the jacket-less Mutt Williams and Cairo Swordsman. I've got him displayed on my desk right now and he is awesome. It's almost a perfect likeness. The profile is spot on. Quite possibly the best 12-inch figure released.

Also saw two cloth canopy cargo truck as well. At my local Walmart I saw the Indy Mr. Potato Head marked down for $7.00. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it's marked down anymore. Also my store has at least a dozen each of Henry Sr., Young Indy, and Indy with tie.

15. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    They need to make a battle diorama pack with Indy and his father in the stolen Nazi airplane with the tail shot off.
  16. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    *sighs*

Still nothing at any stores around here. I give up.

Typho, I'm gonna be taking you up on that offer. I'll try to catch you on AIM later on tonight.
  17. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    In target I saw diorama packs made with repacks to show scenes from the various scenes.
  18. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I got my 12-Inch scale Ark of the Covenant in the mail yesterday. It is awesome.
  19. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Not sure if anyone is even trying to collect anymore, but I went into Toys R Us today and finally scored Vogel and the Grail Knight. Still need to keep an eye out for Henry and Elsa and it seems my best bet will be Toys R Us. Wal-Mart and the other stores still have nothing.

As for the Temple of Doom figures, I don't even think I have a hope with them. :p
  20. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I have read no reports of the ToD wave being seen at any of the major retailers, Walmart, Target, Toys'r'us. If we don't see them by Christmas me thinks they'll be in the dollars stores by next Spring.
  21. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    The dollar stores would be nice, but I don't want to wait that long. :p

And it seems my luck is improving. I went to Wal-Mart last night and finally saw Henry Jones. I snatched him up real quick and now all I need to complete the LC set is Elsa.
  22. ILuvJarJar Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh]
  23. JediOverlord Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If you have a Meijer's or a Pamida in your area, I'd suggest looking there for the Temple of Doom wave of figures, since I've seen them at those stores.
  24. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Meijer's is not much help since they're only in four states. Pamidas are far more wide spread but no where near me.
  25. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Same here. We don't have Meijer's in my state and I never even heard of the other place.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.