main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones Action Figures

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Captain_Typho, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Stopped at K-mart(first mistake right there) on my way home this afternoon and they had nothing out yet. I'll be hitting up Wal-Mart tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have better luck.

2. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I just paid 100 bucks on ebay for 5 action figures, a german jeep, and the german truck.

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Finally found some today at a Walmart. I set myself a 50 dollar limit so here's what I picked up:

KotCS Indy (Leather Jacket)
    KotCS Indy (Bozooka)
    RotLA Sallah
    RotLA German Soldier Two-Pack

and the RotLA Cargo Truck

I had a Mutt Williams with Leather Jacket in my buggy but it somehow got lost right before we checked out. I was too busy putting groceries into the buggy to notice until I was loading them up in my family's truck. I wasn't charged for it so I let it go. I'll get him another time.

Here's what the Walmart I went to had

Basic Figures

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indy (Leather Jacket)
    Monkey Man
    Sallah
    Deluxe German Soldier Two-Pack
    Deluxe Marion and Cario Henchmen
    Deluxe Indy and Ark of the Covenant

Kingdom of the Crystul Skull

Indy (Leather Jacket)
    Indy (Bozooka)
    Mutt Williams (Leather Jacket)
    Mutt Williams (T-Shirt)
    Russsia Soldier
    Cemetary Warrior

Vehicles

RotLA Cargo Truck
    RotLA Jeep

12-Inch Figures

Talking Indy
    Whip-Cracking Indy
    Mutt Williams

and the Cario Swordsman

They also had the Adventure Heroes both from RotLA and KotCS and the Role Play Electronic Whip. It was a good selection for what is a very small local Walmart. I was happy to find what I did.

4. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    so disappointed that I haven't seen a KOTCS item yet....

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    My area is officially crap.

I went to Wal-Mart tonight hoping to snag a few figures and I get there only to find out that they have nothing out. I was really disappointed. They were advertising the new Indy DVDs coming out sometime this month but no figures or anything of the sort. [face_frustrated]

6. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Get a sales associate.....those figures have got to be in the back room.

7. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's photos of Wave 3 - The Last Crusade. They'll hit shelves around July.

Indy
    [image=http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/indianajones/indy_crusade.jpg]

Young Indy
    [image=http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Files_Main/40664c996af_Main400.jpg]

Henry Jones Sr.
    [image=http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Files_Main/406621fb38df_Main400.jpg]

Colonel Vogel
    [image=http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Files_Main/406667d245f_Main400.jpg]

Elsa
    [image=http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Files_Main/406632b1deaf_Main400.jpg]

Grail Knight
    [image=http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Files_Main/40665237a59f_Main400.jpg]

8. Gunk

Gunk Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2008
    I noticed they didn't release Marion Ravenwood nor Ray Winstone and John Hurt's characters from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, any news on that?

9. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    No word yet. I imagine there will be a fith wave of figures before Christmas.

10. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I was thinking that too. They will need to release Ray Winstone, John Hurt, Marion, the 2 cars from the chase scene, Jim Broadbent, plus maybe a few that were missing from the original trilogy line up like Toht.

11. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Hasbro has made a KotCS Jungle Cutter that was suppose to come out now but I believe it has been pushed backed. Since we have two RotLA vehicles, the Cargo Truck and Jeep, released at the same time I can see them releasing the Jungle Cutter and an Amphibious Vehicle together along with a second wave of KotCS related figures.

Jungle Cutter
    [image=http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Files_Main/4046129fb699_Main400.jpg] [image=http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Files_AltA/4046116e8999_A400.jpg]

The KotCS Playset has also yet to be released. I expect that will be one of the big Holiday items.

Lost Temple of Akator Playset
    [image=http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Files_Main/4603510984c6_Main400.jpg]

I'm loving the $20.00 price point on the vehicles by the way. I figured they would be higher.

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i think the jungle cutter is out already.
    but don't quote me.

13. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Yeah I'm reading conflicting reports on it. I heard that it was suppose to be out, that it was pushed back, and that it is available in some areas.

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Finally found some figures at the other Wal-Mart across town. They were pretty much wiped out already but I managed to get the KOTCS Indy with no jacket and Mutt with jacket. I'm fairly satisfied with that but I plan to go back later in the week to see if they restock.

15. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    I went to Wal-Mart today (since Super Target had none)... and all that was left was a single Saber-Swordsman (who oddly enough comes with the crated Ark), and a Truck. I had to scrutinize the truck box for some time before I noted the legend: "Truck only included". Darn! No figures! I didn't buy the Swordsman because, well, what's the point with no Indy to shoot him down? But the pics on the back of the Swordsman card looked swell. I can't wait to get Marion with her iron frying pan!

16. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Picked up Belloq and Colonel Dovchenko today. Between two Walmarts I've now seen every figure from Wave 1 and 2.

17. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    I went to one Wal-Mart and there was absolutely nothing. Then two targets...nothing. Tonight on the way home from work I decided to run by a 24 hour Wal-Mart. It looks like they just put out a bunch of Indy figures cause it was jam-packed on the shelves. I wasn't sure which figures were going to be the harder to find figures so I picked up:

Two ROTLA Indiana Jones (with fertility idol)
    Cairo Swordsman
    Sallah
    Marion

I passed on the KOTCS figures because they had so many. I have a feeling the Mutt figures are going to be fairly easy to pick up, the one with him and the sword might be a bit harder, but I am taking a chance I guess. I passed on Belloq and the Monkey Man (there was only one of him though). I hope I made the right choices when it comes to which ones to get and ones to pass on for now. I think next week I am going to pick up the rest of the ROTLA figures. Then I will start working on the KOTCS ones.

Did I make the right decisions? Or should I have gotten some of the other ones instead, they pretty much had every figure available.

-matthew

18. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    wed is truck day for my target.....i hope they get some in....

19. Icebreaker

Aug 20, 2001
    I am just curious as to why these figures seem so sparse so far. I thought Indy would be as big a name as Star Wars, but so far finding these figures has been very difficult compared to when the Star Wars figures were released for the movies. I mean, when those came out each time it was hard to find certain figures, but at least they had those on display and on the pegs. So far with the Indy ones, I am having a hard time even finding them DISPLAYED anywhere. I got real lucky last night.

-matthew

20. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I think it's simply because the Indiana Jones fan base isn't as large and as rabid as the fan base for Star Wars. At the stores in my area the shelf space devoted to Indy is about the same as the shelf space for Star Wars, The Dark Knight, Spider-Man and the other movie related toy lines so I don't think we're getting the short end of the whip. Let's not forget that Hasbro (and the retailers) had way too many toys on the shelf the first day with The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones so I don't mind they're showing some restraint. Better to have a smaller selection then way too many figures clogging the shelves and spilling into the aisle.

Besides I've already spent too much money. I bought the RotLA Troop Car and the Cemetary Warrior today. It's a good thing I don't have class for the next two days. I need to stay home and save for gas money.

21. Icebreaker

Aug 20, 2001
    Do we have word on how long this line will continue? Is it just going to be the four waves that we have heard about and then thats it? Or is this going to be a lasting line like the Star Wars one?

-matthew

22. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Hasbro plans for Indiana Jones to be a long term line. Hopefully the line is successfull and it can last for many years. I have info from ToyFare Magazine regarding the line but it's late so I'll leave that till tomorrow.

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, I am officially addicted to these figures. I went to Wal-Mart this morning and they appeared to just get a new shipment in. They had a lot of variety and I wish I could've picked them all up, but alas, I had to limit my selection. I ended up getting:

RotLA Indy with leather jacket
    KOTCS Indy with leather jacket
    RotLA Marion Ravenwood
    RotLA Sallah

I wanted to get Spalko and Belloq as well, but as I said, needed to save the money for other things. Pfft. :p

24. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Still nothing from my Target.

You know something that is kind of baffling to me is some of the marketing decisions with some of these figures. To me, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to release characters like the Arab Swordsman, Monkey Man, and the Skeleton Graveyard Warrior, while major characters like Toht, Marcus Brody, and Ray Winstone are left out. If you look back to the original 1990's wave of star wars figures, it was all primary characters except for the stormtrooper, but even still, stormtroopers were prevalent throughout the 3 films. The arab swordsman is in it for 10 seconds and I don't think the skeleton warrior will have a lot of screentime either in KOTCS. I just don't understand why they didn't select characters more prominent, and save the swordsman, monkey man, and skeleton warrior for later waves.

25. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Typho, I agree about the lack of major characters missing, but if this is indeed a long term line it's only a matter of time until we see them.

From what I've seen since May 1st, this line seems to be suffering from the same problem the vintage line did. Figures are everywhere, but good luck finding Indy. The casual fans are just going after him and they don't care about the other figures. I hope Hasbro ships a few more Indys in each case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.