main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones Action Figures

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Captain_Typho, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I went to my local Walmart today shoppig with my mom and as I hadn't been in to see there selection of items I was pleased to see they had a massive amount of figures. Four or five pegs across and four pegs down. They had every thing except some of the deluxe figures such as German Soldiers, Marion and Arab Thug and Indy and Ark but they did have the other deluxe figures I hadn't seen yet. I picked up Indy and Horse to go in my ever expanding Truck Chase Diorama.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It seems like it has more to do with marketing. If the toy line does continue, they would want to save some of the more popular characters for the later waves to keep people buying. But yea, I can't wait to get my hands on a Marcus figure. He's just too much fun. :p

3. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Marcus should come with a pen that has an ink sqirting action feature.

By the way here's a brief breakdown from ToyFare Magazine regarding the number of items to be released in 2008.

Twenty-Seven Action Figures Released Over Four Waves - Each Wave Represents One Film
    Nine 12-Inch Figures
    Fifteen Adventure Heroes Two-Packs

We need to compile a list so we can keep track of every thing.

4. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm doing the same thing with the diaroma gobi-1. I've got both vehicles, put the 2 pack of german soldiers in the troop car and i have indy hanging on to the front grill on the cargo truck. Once I finish the collection, I'll be posting pics of what I've done.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    got fertility idol indy last night.
    it's awesome but is there a way to get
    him to hold the idol better?

6. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    So I went to the neighboring town of Winchester and lo and behold......KOTCS figures! I found Irina Spalko, both versions of Indy, and both versions of Mutt at Target, and found the Ucha warrior at Walmart where the Indy section was raped clean with the exception of 3 figures. I'm heading to K-mart tomorrow where I know they have the last 4 deluxe packs I need and then I just need to track down Dovchenko, Cemetary Warrior, and the Russian Soldier, and I will have the whole darn collection and be posting pictures!

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice! I can't wait to see the pics! :D

I think this is the first toyline where I'm actually going the completest route.

8. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I would love to be a completest but I simply don't have the resources. I just buy what I like.

9. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm opening all my figures but I am not buying 2 sets of them cause I do not have the resources. But I just couldn't resist the temptation of these toys. Apparently, Harrison Ford couldn't either.

[image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0013522.jpg]

10. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Major news!

It looks like we'll be getting Last Crusade figures sooner than we think. At the official Indiana Jones shop, they are advertising wave 3 round 1 of basic figures and it says they ship June 1st!!!!

The case of 12 includes figures as follows:

1x Indiana Jones (Temple of Doom)
    1x Indiana Jones #1 (Crystal Skull)
    3x Indiana Jones (Last Crusade)
    1x Henry Jones
    1x Elsa
    2x Young Indy (Last Crusade)
    2x Grail Knight
    1x Vogel

Now I'm a wee bit confused....apparently the Temple of Doom Indy is out already....maybe it was packaged wrong...or maybe it's being done as a repack?

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ha! That is classic with Ford! Who would've thought he'd get into the whole Indy toy craze. It must be awkward buying toys of yourself. :p

In terms of the Last Crusade figures, I was kinda hoping they would come out later just so I got the chance to get these first two waves before having to lay down more cash with the new ones. Oh well, I guess I better get moving and get those figures before June. ;)

I'm still undecided whether I want to open them or not. For the moment, I have all the figures I have so far on my wall on display. But that may change.

12. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    sorry to keep posting here...just trying to keep everyone informed....

Update! K-Mart has $5 off all week on any indiana jones hasbro purchase of $20 or more. This means you could get 3 figures for a little over $5 a figure. Reminds me of the old days....anyways, I took advantage of it and bought 4 $10 multipacks, going through line twice so I got 4 multipacks for the price of 3.

13. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I got one action figure set so far, the temple with Indy from Raiders. Disappointed that there are no apparent signs of action figures from the Temple of Doom, but I do like the motorcycle-riding nazi action figure that is out from The Last Crusade. Plan on picking up some more "Raiders" action figures tomorrow, and an Indiana Jones doll. I could never find Indiana Jones toys in the past, though I do have an Indiana Jones micromachines playset from 1995.

14. Klix

Klix Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2004
    I've been checking my K-Mart since before May 1st and have yet to see any Indy stuff. The toy aisle is in shambles. More items are laying on the shelves and floor than on the pegs, and it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in about two years. I checked last on Sunday (first day of the sale) and there was still no Indy. I'll probably check back a little later this week, but I'm not expecting to find anything. To quote Rain Man: "K-Mart Sucks."

15. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    I finally stumbled across Indy w/ whip. Only one on the pegs. Now I've gotten all the tougher figures out of the way for the ROTLA line and I am going to pick up the last couple ones that I need over the next few weeks and then it's off to Boot Camp for me. I am glad I am going to complete this Wave before I go. Haha. Isn't that funny that's one of the biggest things I have been concerned about over the past couple of weeks?! Out of all the things I should be thinking about, I am worried about my Indiana Jones collection!

-matthew

16. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I agree the toy aisle is in shambles and there is no indy aisle set up in mine either. However, they do have an indy display out near the registers where they've set a few toys and dr. pepper etc.

17. Klix

Klix Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2004
    You are correct, Sir. I went this morning on the way to work and was directed to a 4-way display. Indy only had one side of it. They had one case of 12 Raiders figures, a troop car, and about ten trillion Adventure Heroes. Pain applications on the figures (all 12) were horrific so I passed. What a waste...

18. Icebreaker

Icebreaker Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    I have also noticed the paint on the figures have been really bad. Every Marion figure I have seen has her skin color going all the way up into her hair on the sides. Indy has a bunch of problems with his hair line and his eyes. I have seen very few Indy figures that weren't either very narrow/cross-eyed or had different eye pupil sizes. I've gotten lucky finding a few that looked decent for my collection, but most of the ones that I see are very bad.

-matthew

19. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I found the detail on the vehicles to be amazing.

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Went out to Target tonight and surprisingly, they had a pretty good selection. I was able to pick up Indy w/whip action(last one on the shelves and a great likeness to boot!), Monkey Man, Cairo Swordsman, Belloq, and Dovchenko. I'm going mainly for the basic figures, so tomorrow I plan to head out to Toys R' Us and Wal-Mart and pick up the rest to complete the collection.

21. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Are they gonna make the badass tank from Last Crusade with the 5 turrets? :D

22. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I certainly hope so. I picked up a Russian Soldier a few days ago and today I got a second Russian Soldier and Monkey Man to both open. One more sticker and I'll send off for the Crystal Skeleton and Throne.

23. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I've already sent off for the promo figure and I saw the Jungle Cutter in Target today. Will be buying tomorrow!

24. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I have to go help my brother work on his house so I plan to hit the Target near him when I get the chance. Soon the Jungle Cutter will be mine.

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Saw a bunch of the Deluxe figures at TRU tonight but decided to pass on them until I was able to complete the basic figure line first.

With that in mind, I was able to pick up the Cemetery Warrior, Ugha Warrior, Mutt w/Snake, Russian Solider and German Solider. That only leaves Spalko to find. I'm kicking myself over that one right now too. I saw her once about a week ago at Wal-Mart and since then, I haven't been able to find her. I have been to five stores tonight with no luck. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.