main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones Action Figures

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Captain_Typho, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Man I hope people restock, I couldn't find any Spalko's or Marions, or Belloqs, well all I got was Indy with the fertility idol, Old indy with the rocket launcher, Monkey man and Raiders Indy wearing a turban (when he went into the map room).

I need the trucks and jeeps and horses ASAP!

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Isn't the next wave supposed to hit stores next week? Hopefully there will be more of the first wave, as well.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    That's not a Crystal Skull in the holy grail. It's the Chalice of Kali, which comes with Col. Dovenko

4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Correct.

[image=http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/IndianaJones/Dovchenko/Indy-088.jpg]

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I thought the next wave wasn't supposed to hit shelves until July?

6. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Yay! I just found more figures!

I got the Nazi motorcycle, the Indy with a Horse, and the fertility idol deluxe figures, and the 2 pack with Marion and local thug, Sallah and Belloq. [face_dancing]

7. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm reading conflicting reports. June or July.

8. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    I'm jealous. Will someone please send me $1000 so I can go out and buy all these nifty figures, horses, vehicles, idols and relics? Thank you. Just PM me for my mailing address. ;)

9. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I am so conflicted here. I technically do not own these two figures as basic figures becuase they also come with the Deluxe two packs (German Soldiers) and (Marion and Cairo Thug) In fact, Marion comes with the Monkey in the 2 pack but is without it as a basic figure. Why am I conflicted? Becuase if I don't purchase them as basic figures, I can't get my hands on the Sankara stone or Staff of Ra headpiece. :(

10. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    I so want the Kali chalice. Is it actual head-sized? Can it actually be used to serve drinks with (whether cursed blood or not)? I wonder what happened to the actual prop from the film, that would be awesome to have at parties, especially since it actually held liquid.

11. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    Well, my Eye of the Peacock relic has the circumference of a nickel, so no, I don't think the Kali cup is head-sized. But maybe you could fill it with red liquid and serve it to your action figures? They should make a zombified Indy with a hole in his mouth that you can pour the stuff into and see his expression change before your eyes!

12. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    You can't go wrong with another German Soldier if you want to build up your army. Plus you'll get your Sankara Stone. That's why I went ahead and bought him.

13. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    How many Sankara stones will we get with the Temple of Doom Indy figure?

You also get the monkey with the monkey man figure.

14. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I just wanted to post a quick thanks to all that have posted pictures of their collections. Very nice!

I've never been a big collector, but I do appreciate a good action figure here and there. I've been wanting to buy an Indy toy for a long time, but every time I hit up Target or Walmart, I only see the "generic" guys; (german soldiers, russian soldier, etc), or Indy in his egyptian digger disguise. I just want a classic Indy figure complete with hat and whip and everything.

Today was my lucky day. I finally found one! They had KotCS Indy and Raiders Indy with the fertility idol. They both looked cool, but I went with KotCS because the face looked slightly more accurate, plus for some reason it came with a severed hand.

I'm very impressed with the detail. So much better than the stuff I grew up with! My son has already opened it and played with it, and he loves it. (Ok, apparently you can switch out hands. One hand holds a crystal skull, and one is just a regular hand. Still strange, but cool.)

Stuff like this is why I'm thrilled that they finally made Indy IV, even if not everybody was enthused with the film itself. It's so thrilling to see my son play with Indiana Jones toys.

Next on my list is the Cemetary Warrior. If I had limitless funds, I'd buy everything I see...but unfortunately I'm limited only to the coolest looking characters.

15. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    ^ ^ ^ Hey, Vlad, I chose the KotCS figure for the same reason: it looks more like Harrison Ford! The RotLA figure looks like a ten year old boy with huge anime eyes. Weird. But BTW, that "severed hand" is for holding his pistol. Just detach the hand holding the skull and plug in the pistol-grip hand. Word.

EDIT: Oh, okay, I see you noticed that bit about the hand. Move along, move along!

16. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    I found more!

It's so awesome that they sell a Mutt figure with a huge rubber snake.

I can only hope for the fridge launching and vine swinging playsets. [face_laugh]

I still can't find Spalko, or Marion by herself or any of the large vehicles, but I do have Indy on a horse and the german motorcycle dude!

Da na na na!! Da na naaaaa! [face_dancing]

Edit: I think the older Indy figure's hat comes off while the other younger ones don't.

17. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    I saw a Spalko in Wal-Mart yesterday and came THIS close to buying her. But I already have two Cate Blanchett action figures (Galadriel and Dark Galadriel -- both without underwear!), so I passed.

If anyone finds a solitary Marion with frying pan, buy her for me and I'll PayPal you $10.

18. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I've got both the solitary Marion and the two-pack. I almost flipped out when I found Indy with the Ark of the Covenent. Indy is wearing the white robe.

So now it appears that I have all of the RAIDERS action figures; still working on Kingdom of the Krystal Skull.

19. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    It was so funny when I bought this figure. I thought to myself, "No way is this the snake Mutt uses to get Indy out of the quicksand in the movie (I had spoiled myself beforehand on that). I figured he would use a smaller snake and that the one with the figure was way oversized. Lo and behold, I laughed a little bit harder during the film when Mutt did indeed come out with a snake the size of the one with the toy.

20. zombie

Aug 4, 1999
    It was worth browsing this thread just to see this picture. I don't even want to know what the context of it is because it would just rob the picture of its hilarity.

21. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I thought it was a funny photo, too. How old are Harrison's kid, anyway? :p

22. zombie

Aug 4, 1999
    Hid oldest son (Ben?) is at least in his twenties, looks maybe in his thirties, he filled in for his dad for additional footage in the Blade Runner Final Cut.

23. Vortigern99

Nov 12, 2000
    I'd like to remind everyone here that we are all in our 20s, 30s and 40s -- and that doesn't seem to stop US from buying the toys! [Biggs]They'll never stop us![/Biggs] ;)

24. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    If I was rendered in action figure format, I'd buy myself too.

25. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    If I'm one of his kids regardless of age, I'd be wanting some genuine props to play around with, not the plastic stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.