Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Kol_Skywalker, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    This book, written by Steve Perry (who has written numerous Star Wars novels), was released a bit over a week ago. It is on my Amazon.com wishlist, will order it when the SW novel Deathtroopers is released in a week or so.

Just curious to know if anyone here has read it, and what there thoughts and opinions are on the book? I have never read an original Indy novel, and I am kinda looking forward to reading this.
  2. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I haven't read it. Ive never actually read any Indy book except for the exceptional Behind the Trilogy book released last year.
  3. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I recieved this novel in the mail today, I will write my impressions once I have finished reading it.

Anyone else read it?
  4. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I haven't and likely won't unless someone gives a great recommend.

Let us know when you're finished.

I'm curious though. What time period is this in?
  5. Kellytong Jedi Youngling

6. metalinvader1982 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll copy and paste my review that I posted over at the Raven.I'm far to lazy and tired to write out a review..Careful..Spoilers do apply!

Just finished the book about an hour ago.I pretty much enjoyed it though,I could have used a little more action.A solid 4 out of 5 if you ask me....

Pros:
    (Spoilers do apply!)

*Indy using his whip to help defeat Boukman.Very bad ass!

*Indy and Mac using actual archeology tactics while looking for a place to dig for the pearl.

*General Yamada...Samurai sword...Zombie head...'nuff said..

Cons:
    Not to much action in the beginning.I would have liked to have seem some WWII mission involving Indy and Mac spying on the Nazis.

All in all,Like I said 4 out 5.Pick it up if you havn't,It's a pretty solid Indy adventure

That being said,It's on par with the MacGregor and McCoy Indy novels and it's obviously MILES better than the two Indy novels that Caidin wrote.

7. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    The #3 pro was [face_laugh]

This actually sounds pretty good. I think it might make a good stocking stuffer from my own Elsa. :*
  8. Duragizer Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I read it, and pretty much liked it. Boukman was the best character in the novel IMHO, and I found the parts told from his POV fun to read. I found, though, that other parts of the book weren't that great; too much time was spent on the Nazis, Japanese, and Indy and co. traipsing through the boring ol' jungle doing nothing particularily exciting or interesting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.