main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones and the Box Office Tracker - Quarter of a Billion Dollars and Counting

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Worlwide Total keeps going up.

Indy Box Office
    Domestic Total = $306,428,521
    Foreign Total = $429,978,865
    Worldwide Total = $736,407,386

Box Office Mojo's Indiana Jones Page
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=indianajones4.htm

2. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    Outstanding! =D=

As long as it beats DaVinci Code's world-wide gross, I'm happy.

3. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's this weekend's estimates from Box Office Mojo
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

1. Hellboy II: The Golden Army = $35,885,000
    2. Hancock = $33,000,000
    3. Journey To The Center of the Earth = $20,580,000
    4. Wall-E = $18,509,000
    5. Wanted = $11,586,000
    6. Get Smart = $7,105,000
    7. Meet Dave = $5,300,000
    8. Kung Fu Panda = $4,300,000
    9. Kit Kittredge: An American Girl = $2,357,000
    10. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull = $2,250,000

Indy Box Office
    Domestic Total = $310,477,000
    Foreign Total = $430,093,965
    Worldwide Total = $740,570,965

Box Office Mojo's Indiana Jones Page

Indy's only three million behind Iron Man and should over take him by next weekend.

4. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004
    It's done quite well domestically, it's just passed up the Pirates of the Carribean At World's End gross and it's less than half a million dollars behind Attack of the Clones. If it makes just 9 million more dollars it will enter the top 20 domestic grosses of all time.

It's also doing very, very well overseas in relation to Ironman. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

5. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Impressive indeed =D=

6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Agreed :cool:

7. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004

Box Office Mojo has not updated the Indiana Jones Crystal Skull foreign gross for nearly two weeks. I can't imagine Paramount holding back those figures.

8. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's the weekend estimates from Box Office Mojo

12. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull = $970,000

Indy Box Office
    Domestic Total = $312,584,000
    Worldwide Total = $742,677,965

With The Dark Knight shattering records it's not surprising a weekend total for Indy finaly falls below a million.

9. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I don't think Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is going to beat Iron Man[face_worried][face_worried][face_worried]

10. THX_1138biggs

THX_1138biggs Jedi Master star 1

Jul 9, 2007
    It might, if it sticks with no less than 600 theaters for a while. I mean over $970,000 in 757 is impressive actually. It just shows that people still love Indy and they want something different than Iron Man or Wanted.

I'd say you can cancel Iron Man out.

But with the Dark Knight out, it's gonna be a fight. But Indy always has a few surprises under that fedora. ;)

11. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Indy has blown Iron Man out of the water worldwide but domestically I think it's going to be a dead heat. However The Dark Knight is likely beat them both.

12. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    Currently 2 million short of Iron Man. Even if Indy does catch up to Iron Man, Dark Knight will have surpassed it by then.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It does appear that Indy will fall short, but that's only domestically. The worldwide total has Iron Man beat by far and really, those are the numbers I'm watching. That's a feat in itself.

Although, I am a bit worried with The Dark Knight breaking records this weekend and all. Indy's going to have some real competition and Batman just may surpass him in the end. [face_worried]

14. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004

The domestic race between Ironman and Indy is gonna be right down to the wire.

World-wide though, it's not even a contest.

Here was the latest foreign number from Box Office Mojo:

Foreign Total as of Jul. 6, 2008:
    $430,093,965

It's now July 22nd...when it gets updated, that world-wide figure of 742 million is going to make a big leap upward.

15. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Well, The Dark Knight is the box office champion of 2008.

16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    315 million in 10 days is insane; I think it's got a good chance for top 10 domestic all time, and another 150 mill (not totally unbelievable) would get it to number 2.

17. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

I don't think it would have done as well if Heath Ledger hadn't died. That added a lot of mystique to the film.

18. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    I've thought that as well. It's made so much because it his last role and according to the media his best role. I haven't seen it so I can't comment on it, but the media hyped this movie so much because of his death.

19. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's this weekend's estimates from Box Office Mojo

20. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull = $359,000

Indy Box Office
    Domestic Total = $314,331,000
    Worldwide Total = $744,424,965

Box Office Mojo's Indy Page

Indy lost 145 theaters so it fell to 20th place past Iron Man which was in 16th place. Iron Man added 133 theaters (I'm guessing dollar theaters) and got a big boost. Looks like Indy will be on his way out of the first run cinemas and heading to the dollar theaters as well.

20. JohnWesleyDowney

Jan 27, 2004

I'm still mystified why Box Office Mojo hasn't updated the foreign grosses on Crystal Skull for nearly a MONTH.

It does look as though Indy will finally bypass the domestic gross of THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING in the near future.

21. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I don't know why Box Office Mojo haven't updated if you go to Imdb.com these are the numbers for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Foreign Total = $455,500,000
    Worldwide Total = $769,146,685

22. ObiWaKenobi

ObiWaKenobi Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2008
    I just noticed BOM updated its figures:

Domestic Total = $314,746,000
    Foreign Total = $461,442,123
    Worldwide Total = $776,188,123

Not bad at all =D=

23. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    It might be a bit of a struggle but I hope Indy crosses the 800 million dollar mark.

24. Dark--Helmet

Dark--Helmet Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2003
    You can always find excuses why your favorite movie get's beat at the box office(9/11 helped Spiderman the PT was coasting on the OT's good name) but I think it has more to do with the movie.Batman's a mega franchise,characters of Batman and the Joker,it was the best marketed movie of all time(viral websites,scavangerhunt,trailers etc etc),the hype was already building for Heaths Joker before he died,Begins built up alot of good will and the most important being the great word of mouth from it actually delivering.Everyone is buzzing over the movie because it's good.

25. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

You can always find excuses why your favorite movie get's beat at the box office

Let me set you straight. I hope your obnoxious little comment wasn't aimed at me. Don't make assumptions for which you have no facts. Crystal Skull is NOT my favorite movie so I am NOT making excuses for it. I liked Crystal a lot, but I have no interest in which does better, Batman or Crystal Skull. I enjoyed Dark Knight. I was telling people three months ago that Dark Knight would be the big hit movie of the summer. Don't be lecturing me about Dark Knight's success or anything else. That kind of arrogance is uncalled for. You didn't have anything to do with creating Dark Knight's success, so don't be acting as if you had some kind of victory by it beating another movie at the box office.

I am hardly the only person who observed that Ledger's controversial death would add some interest at the box office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.