main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb PC Control Issue?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by lornconner, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lornconner

lornconner Jedi Master

Mar 29, 2003
    Hi Guys,

I've read through the manual and looked through the boards but haven't been able to find anybody with this issue. I'm hoping somebody has an idea.

When running and jumping and grabbing a vine (or rope) you're supposed to be able to start swinging again if you don't release in time to make the swing. The manual states that this is done with the W and S keys, which correspond with the forward and back controls.

It seems that the only thing I can do at this point is climb up or down the rope. I can also turn, but I can not reinitiate a swing.

I don't think this would normally be a problem, but I think I'm near the end of the Ceylon levels...at one point there is a vine that you have to run and catch, and climb up....you then have to turn left to face a ledge that leads to an opening and I suspect to the next level. I can climb up the rope and turn to face the ledge, but I can't swing. All I can do is jump off the rope and break my neck.

I've remapped my controls in Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb for PC, and at first thought that was the problem...however, when I restore the default controls I still can't do what I need to do. According to the manual, the forward and back controls should allow you to start swinging again, but the remapped controls or the default controls don't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Lorn

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I can't answer your question as I don't have the game yet. But this is a reminder to those who will redirect you to the existing thread that we traditionally have a separate "technical help" thread for most LEC PC games.

I'll probably retitle this thread, once an answer is given to your query, to reflect this.

Also, a good place for Indy help is here;

The Games Page at theraider.net's message board.

On there, I found this tip, but I don't know if it will help you; If you're on the complete top of a chain/rope/vine you wont be able to swing. If you go a little lower you make a short swing move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.