main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Cyrstal Skull

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by cmdrwillard, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Savatch

Darth_Savatch Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Regardless of how "over the top" it was (very very very over the top...), this is a series that was built on "over the top." The man survives a plane crash using a rubber raft, beats a truck convoy full of Germans (and later a TANK convoy full of Germans), and gets out of an ancient Egyptian tomb using a whip. They didn't have much else to go to.

I will say however, as cool as that scene was, it kind of strips the rest of the movie of all fear. If he can get out of that, he can get out of anything, so you realize you aren't in the same emotional drama of Raiders or Last Crusade, you're just going to have fun with this one. At least it was better than Temple of Doom.

2. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I'd say I like TOD a little better actually, simply for the fact that I've grown up with it, there's that connection and love for the old trilogy. But again, I still thought this film was great fun, and that made it worthwhile.

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    So upon a second viewing, I liked this film even more. Really is just a fun film and does capture the spirit of Indy, aliens or no aliens.

4. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey all of you. How's it going? If you've forgotten, it's Wendy from the ~2003 startup days. :)

5. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Hello there Should come to our club meeting next saturday.

Our next meeting will be Saturday June 7th @ 5pm Storey park in Meridian on the corner of Franklin and Main St next to the Meridian Speed Way for a day of fun in the sun and BBQ. For more details or directions email newboiseorder@hotmail.com

6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Holy moly! How have you been?

7. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    So, I'm seeing this one last time in theaters today. So far this is tying with Iron Man for best film of the summer so far...

Hulk and Dark Knight both look good, the latter looking beyond good. Guess we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.