Indiana Jones And The Secret Of The Lost Mystery

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Debo, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    This is my first fanfic. Hope you like it.

Indiana Jones woke up that day. Slowly he rose from his bed.

"Ungh, this is not a good day for an adventure," he mumbled to himself as he crept back into bed again.

THE END.

Be kind!
  2. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It's a wonderful start Debo. Shows promise & has oodles of hidden potential.

A little skimpy on the detail. Perhaps if we, collectively, write what happened immediately prior to his getting into bed - that might help flesh it out somewhat.

Let's list what we need in an Indiana Jones movie, and see what we can work in?

1. Creepy Crawlies. We've had snakes, bugs and rats. What's left? Bats, scorpions and eels?
    2. Some improbable traps set by long dead civilisations.
    3. A woman. Can be sexy, strong, annoying, or evil. Or some other personality trait? Whatever. Or a kid. And a kid. Or no kid.
    4. A bad stereotypical gang of baddies. Arabs, Indian Thugs, Nazis, Russians, Triads, Frenchmen... ? Any preferences?

5. And of course the treasure / artifact / Lost Mystery

OK - now taking suggestions from the floor for more elements needed in the script.

Yes, you in the back with the blue cardigan and glasses...
  3. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    Ah, yes. I see what you mean. I appreciate your suggestions. I have managed to incorporate an annoying woman and creepy crawlies into it.

"Sleep tight!" his wife shouted at our hero, as he placed his foot on the stairs. "Don't let the bed bugs bite!"

Of course, this being a cool adventure, the bed bugs do bite; in fact, they rip him to shreds moments after he has stepped into his bed.

Oh no, wait, hang on. That might not work at this point.
  4. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    How about...

At some point the bugs rip a bad guy to shreds, and the heroine quips "Don't let the bed bugs bite"

And I don't think the wife should be his 'wife' as such, but possibly posing as his wife for some convoluted reason. Of course at this stage in the story, Jones & Woman have not kissed, despite their obvious attraction.

Some oddball situation while posing as husband and wife forces them to kiss to avoid arousing suspicion.
  5. AmazingB Manager Emeritus

star 7
    "Some oddball situation while posing as husband and wife forces them to kiss to avoid arousing suspicion."

Clearly that will happen while they're booking a hotel room in whatever far off country they need to be in. To avoid arousing suspicion they'll have to prove they're married by making out. Not really the best proof, but if the hotel clerk could figure it out, he'd be more than a hotel clerk.

Amazing.
  6. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    What of his hat? We must hear more of his hat. Perhaps he sleeps with his adventuring hat on, which, of course, makes it all the more ironic when we reach the heartbreaking conclusion.

Rick McCallum loves you!
  7. Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling

star 6
    And that is ALL he wears to bed...
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Ooh. Nice twist!

OK. We're still short on locations and co-stars and plot.

I think the plot will fall into place once we place the co-stars, locations, improbable traps, treasure, women, creepy crawlies and baddies in to some sort of order.

The co-stars can include returning characters;

Marion Ravenswood
    Sallah
    Marcus Brody
    Henry Jones Snr.
    Short Round
    Nazi Monkey

Must NOT include Willie Scott.

Sure the guy who played Marcus is dead, but they can just CG him into the (eventual) screenplay like Olly Reed in "Gladiator", or he can just have a cape held up across his face like the Bella Lugosi character in "Plan 9 From Outer Space". Or, I guess, just use a different actor altogether. Let's not get bogged down in mere details.

9. Old_Brown_Shoe Force Ghost

star 4
    There's gotta be some bad guy who undergoes a terrifying supernatural death. Since we've had skeletonization, head explosions, and melting heads, maybe some kind of disintegration?

I thought the Nazi Monkey died. Maybe he has a brother that comes back to wreak vengeance, or a whole screaming monkey tribe? Can't have enough monkeys.
  10. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Ahh. Supernatural death - of course!

Disintegration eh? Whatshisface kind of disintegrated at the end of Holy Grail when he drank from the wrong cup.

What about being smoted from above with lightning - or is that too "Star Wars"?

And did that monkey die? Oh yeah, now I remember - bad date!

Vengeful brother it is then. :)
  11. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4
    Of course Dr Octopus must feature.

He is being played by Alfred Molina AKA "The Gimmie the idol, I give you the whip" Bloke from the start of Raiders.

Perhaps he is his secret twin? One went to become a hispanic sweaty double crosser in 30s South America, the other to become a cod-german meglomaniac with 6 robotic tenticles.

How will Indy Cope? [face_shocked]

12. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If I may, I'd like to inject a bit of a personal odyssey of my own into the plot. For a while now, I've had a craving for some food that is artificially flavored like strawberries. I don't like strawberries themselves, but flavored food really gets me salivating. That said, I've been looking high and low for a box of Frankenberry cereal:

[image=http://www.toysrgus.com/images-food/frankenberry-sticker.jpg]

But there is none to be found anywhere.

Perhaps Indy himself could be depressed at the fact that he hasn't met his artifically flavored strawberry cereal quota for the year, and because of this, finds himself wanting to sleep all the time. The adventure would go something like:

"Indiana Jones woke up that day. Slowly he rose from his bed.

"Ungh, this is not a good day for an adventure," he mumbled to himself as he crept back into bed again. There he dreamt of pink marshmallows in the shape of Frankenstein's head.

THE END.

Also, he could be suffering from some form of foot elephantitis. His shoes don't fit anymore. :(
  13. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    I vote that at some point the aging Indy is placed in a nursing home by his enemies. A large action sequence/chase scene ensues involving seven wheelchairs and, at one point, a leap from a wheelchair to fight the main bad guy on top of a careening laundry cart. The cart could then turn over and Indy could escape clad only in sheets, passing himself off as T.E. Lawrence (is he alive at this time?).

14. Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling

star 6
    How about Mick Jagger gets kidnapped and Indy, Keith Richards, set out to find him!
  15. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Why would Keith do that? Sounds totally out of character.

16. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    "Ungh, this is not a good day for an adventure," he mumbled to himself as he crept back into bed again. There he dreamt of pink marshmallows in the shape of Frankenstein's head.

Nearly! Not Frankenstein, but -- something biblical. Does biblical-themed candy exist? Ah heck, does the Temple of Doom exist? Not a relevant question.

"Ungh, this is not a good day for an adventure," he mumbled to himself as he crept back into bed again. There he dreamt of pink marshmallows in the shape of Adam's rib.

And all this takes place at a nursery home. Hence, Doctor Octopus.
  17. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    There's a Biblical breath mint called "Testa-Mints" that have one of the 10 commandments on each wrapper. :p

And do you guys really expect the Nazi's to only have one monkey?
  18. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    There's a Biblical breath mint called "Testa-Mints" that have one of the 10 commandments on each wrapper.

11th Commandment. Thou shalt not reek out of thy mouth.

//drum roll
  19. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    Perhaps Short Round could make an appearance as the annoying voice that Indy can't get out of his head as he tries to battle his way back to dreamland.

"Mr. Jones, the bed bugs! Mr. Jones!..."
  20. Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling

star 6
    It's not Mr. Jones, deltron! You call him Doctor Jones!
  21. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    Not if I want this fanfic to include at least one seriously annoyed scowl on Indy's mug I don't.
  22. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Perhaps the alarm clock could be a radio alarm clock that plays "Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows.

Rick McCallum loves you!
  23. Old_Brown_Shoe Force Ghost

star 4
    If there's gonna be a Mr. Jones reference, perhaps "Ballad of a Thin Man"? ;)

Can we work in the famous map montage somewhere? You know, with the red line moving across continents?
  24. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yes.

// avoids obvious "incontinence" joke. //

But first I guess we need some countries to visit?

25. Debo Chosen One

star 5
    Where would one find a lost mystery?

[image=http://www.the-spoiler.com/Sinjin/INDY/map9.jpg]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.