main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Indiana Jones and the ....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    And exclusively behind the scenes blue screen footage of Indy 4!

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Harlock415/Harlock/Indy4.gif]

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    That's not quite right. They want to CG Ford's whip too. ;)

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    When I first heard that, I thought that was one of the dumbest rumors! :oops:

4. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Cool, all CGI.

5. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Um, not to be the voice of reason, but...this movie will suck. :(

6. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    It will probably blow.

7. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    His sidekick this time will be a CGI character with a Jamaican accent and floppy ears who has a bad habit of stepping in poop.

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Nice to see the power of positive thinking hard at work in the SFFF. [face_not_talking] I guess I'll be seeing this movie alone then, which is fine by me. I wouldn't want to spoil the mood. It's ironic that 30 years after a film called "Star Wars" was considered by many to be just a "silly children's film", and how the cycle begins again. After all, it's that no-good filmmaker Steven what's-his-name directing anyway, and that God-awful Williams guy doing the music! [face_shame_on_you] How good can that be?

Anyway, I remember when the Young Indy series announced that Harrison Ford would be making a cameo appearance, and wondering if it would work. When the episode started, it took place in the mid-1950's, I believe, and showed a bearded Indy recalling his youth in the 1920's during the heyday of jazz. It worked, and I loved that episode!

9. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Sorry Jedhead, but Harrison hasn't made a decent film since deep within the Clinton Administration. He just seems so... tired. I hope to be proven wrong ala the latest Rocky movie, but all signs point to BAD with Indy 4.

10. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Now, now. There's a thing called the Basher's Sanctuary at...wait. It got killed at TFN. Well go to the outer rim santcuatries board for good bashing.

Sorry Matt, but I see nothing but trouble ahead for Indy 4. The positive thing to that is with expectations so low, it might actually be good. But Ford really hasn't made a decent film in a looooong time and everybody here already knows how I feel about George Lucas's creative prowess in the last 20 years. My hope is that Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall's input can keep it from spiraling into the Phantom Menace territory that Lucas said he wanted it to go to at one point.

11. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I'll see da movie with ya Jedhead (even if I do think it will suck, lol). I saw ROTS 13 times in the theater, and uh, I won't say anymore cause we all know where my allegiance lies.

12. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Yeah, what Harlock said about Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy. That's a +. And Harrison doesn't use a colostomy bag yet I don't think. That's another +.

13. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005

14. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Wow, what a long errand that was! And I'm a year older after it :p

To continue what I want to watch this year at the movies...

I was totally amazed that Bridge to Terabithia was not destroyed. Disney promoted it like a generic, spfx, crap movie. I'm glad I looked into it more, considering it is from one of my favorite childhood books. I'll never trust Disney again. :mad:

BLUE=definitely want to see
    PINK=probably will see, sounds promising

Halloween (probably will see, but it doesn't sound promising :p ) Aug. 31st - although maybe that's been pushed back now since Zombie has gone back to work on the script again and filming did not begin in mid-Jan. as planned
    Into the Wild Sept. 21st (long shot possibility, may suck, but it could be good!)
    The Water Horse Sept. 21st (don't know much about but could prove promising)
    Trick 'r Treat Oct. 5th (could go either way)
    Beowulf Nov. 16th
    The Golden Compass Dec. 7th

And to keep this on topic w/Indiana Jones...

I heard this the other day...

although it's yet a rumor only...

don't look if you don't want ANY spoilers at all

Shia LaBeouf may be cast as Indy's son! Umm, I don't know how I feel about that yet. :confused: [face_thinking]
    Maybe this is silly. Is this really a spoiler? I just don't wanna have people freak.

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I re-watched AFI's Tribute to George Lucas (2005) yesterday, and Harrison Ford said he'd be thrilled to do "Indy IV", but said "George, get on with it! If you wait too long, Sean is going to be way too old to play my father!" [face_laugh]

16. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    I think there needs to be a sequel to "The Legend of Billy Jean". Fair is Fair!

Actually I always wondered why they didn't make a sequel to "The Last Starfighter" (I'm assuming box office). For that matter, how come they didn't have toys for the movie? The Gunstar (?) seems like it would have been a nobrainer.

17. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Those are two of the most underrated films of the 80's. Helen slater was absolutely SUPER in some of those outfits.

The gunstars were indeed cool too.

18. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Death Blossom! hahaha... They need to do a special edition of that movie.

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It looks as though Cate Blanchett will be in Indy IV:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19394

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Shia LaBeouf is set for Indy IV:

http://starwars.com/community/news/films/news20070413.html

He's also hosting SNL tomorrow night.

21. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
  22. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Shia LaBeouf... Ugh... how the hell did he ever get famous?? Weak sauce...

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Today was the first day of filming:

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/films/news20070618.html

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    After 14 years, the man with the hat is back!

http://indianajones.com/community/news/news20070621.html

=D=

25. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Nice picture.

Well, the fact that Shia LeBOOF is gonna be in this kinda deflects other criticisms I have concerning it. I forget the story, script, etc. with him being in it. I have a hard time pinning why he so grates on my nerves, but I think it's good it will be a year till this movie comes out, because it will take a while for me to figure out how to approach its release and how I will see it. [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.