main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Indiana Jones and the ....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    =D=

"Indiana Jones 4 Teaser Trailer Launches On Valentines Day
    It looks like we will be celebrating love with Dr. Jones this year. We get wind of the teaser trailer?s release thanks to our friends at comingsoon:

Paramount Pictures and Lucasfilm Ltd. officially announced today that the first teaser trailer for the highly anticipated Indiana Jones adventure Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford in the title role, will debut in theaters across the globe on February 14, 2008.

The trailer will air exclusively on ABC?s ?Good Morning America? that morning between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. Immediately thereafter, the footage will be available at the film?s official site IndianaJones.com, Yahoo! Movies and in motion picture theaters.

There we go! We get to see it first with Regis, with online and theater viewing to follow. I must admit, I am curious to see the teaser for this. We have seen a few pictures here and there, but I think I will have another level of excitement once I get to see Indy back in action. I will be looking for cool location shots in the teaser, from what I have seen in the pictures the locations seem to be pretty sweet and I am hoping for more of them in the teaser. I will also have an eye on the chemistry between Harrison and Shia, I am not thrilled with the inclusion of another sidekick; solid camaraderie will put my mind at ease.

This is pretty good news because Feb 14th ?. is this week! Post Regis we will be on the lookout for the teaser and will be sure to have it up for all of you to enjoy.

by: Doug Monday, February 11th, 2008 Share This"

http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/02/indiana-jones-4-teaser-trailer-launches-on-valentines-day

2. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    It's up now!=D= well done.

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

or

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianajones.html?showVideo=1

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Can't wait! Supposedly, there will be two different trailers, one before G and PG movies (Spiderwick Chronicles) and PG-13 and R films (Jumper). :D

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    The trailer is out and Indy is reminding me of Spiderman... hmmm...

5. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    From the NY Toy Fair:
    http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/TF2008_Hasbro_More_Indiana_Jones_112495.asp

6. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    sideshow collectibles just posted pre order availablity for the Raiders of the Lost Ark 12" Indy figure. it costs $90 ($104 with the shipping and tax) and is due to ship out 3rd qtr of 2008. the "exclusive edition" has a torch and arrow. i don't have the exact link but it's available for preorder now at the sideshow collectibles website.
    i made the impulse buy and got one :_|

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Did anyone catch/record the Harrison Ford interview on the Barbara Walters Special after the Oscars yesterday?

8. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
  9. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    The theater to watch Indy in:

http://www.electronichouse.com/article/the_temple_of_boom/D2/

10. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    You knew it was only a matter of time for the Indy double dip:

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF. ? According to the American Film Institute, he?s the greatest action-adventure hero of all time ? and his unforgettable exploits can be relished by fans old and new as never before when all three INDIANA JONES movies debut as individual Special Edition DVDs and in an all-new box set on May 13.

Released by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Entertainment, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Special Edition DVDs boast all-new, exclusive bonus features that dig deeper into the making of these cinematic milestones than ever before. All three were originally restored and remastered in 2003. Created with fans of all ages in mind, the bonus features provide never-before-seen explorations of the making of these classic movies and showcase the characters, action and extraordinary visual effects that have made the movies indelible cinematic treasures.

Each film makes its DVD debut just days before the highly anticipated return of the ?Man in the Hat? in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

?An entire generation of movie lovers will get to see these classic films in a digital format that makes them even more amazing than when they were first in theaters,? said Howard Roffman, Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd. ?These new, individual DVDs are a fantastic way to introduce young audiences to the unforgettable, action-packed adventures of the most daring archaeologist in the world.?

Directed by Steven Spielberg from stories by executive producer George Lucas, the three INDIANA JONES movies earned six Academy Awards® and nearly $1.2 billion worldwide. From the groundbreaking excitement of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) to the sinister mysteries of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) and the father-son adventure of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), the heroic Dr. Jones continues to delight audiences with his thrilling on-screen exploits.

Previously available only in a trilogy box set, the three films of THE ADVENTURES OF INDIANA JONES, were restored and remastered to deliver an exceptional viewing experience to existing enthusiasts and a whole new generation of fans. All-new bonus content delves into the making of the legendary series as the filmmakers and cast look back and a new world of adventure opens up with Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and others offering hints about what to expect in the newest installment.

DVDs
    Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark Special Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 2.0 Surround and Spanish 2.0 Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the following special features:

Raiders of the Lost Ark: An Introduction by Steven Spielberg & George Lucas

Indiana Jones: An Appreciation? The cast and crew of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull pay tribute to the original trilogy.

The Melting Face?A recreation of the amazing physical effect of the villain?s melting face in Raiders of the Lost Ark, including
    Steven Spielberg and George Lucas commenting on the evolution of visual effects and CGI.

Storyboard Sequence?The Well of Souls

Galleries
    - Illustrations & Props
    - Production Photographs & Portraits
    - Effects/ILM
    - Marketing

Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures Game Demo and Trailer

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Special Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 2.0 Surround and Spanish 2.0 Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the following special features:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: An Introduction by Steven Spielberg & George Lucas

Creepy Crawlies?Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Frank Marshall reminisce about snakes, bugs and rats.

Locations?Trav

11. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I guess its good I never got around to buying the original set.

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Actually, the original box set has really rare stuff, and great extras already! I got a Best Buy version which came with an extra disc with a rare Raiders featurette, not included in the regular box set.

13. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Not sure if those re releases are worth the double dip this time.

14. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    hopefully there will be a blu ray version coming out too!

15. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Considering Paramount's HD only idea didn't work out so well for them...I don't think they have a singly Blu Ray title.

16. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Hmmm...so instead of Speeder Bikes in a forest, we have Jeeps in a jungle. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20182648,00.html

17. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    http://ThrowMeTheIdol.com/

18. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Final movie poster by Drew Struzan for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

[image=http://throwmetheidol.com/images/indy4%20regular.jpg]

http://throwmetheidol.com/

19. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-03-24-lucas_N.htm
    George Lucas says his new 'Indiana Jones' is 'just a movie'
    By Scott Bowles, USA TODAY
    To hear him talk, you'd think George Lucas would have preferred to call his movie Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Don't Get Your Hopes Up.

Lucas, who co-wrote and produced the May 22 film, can sound downright sullen when it comes to his expectations of fan reaction to the year's most highly anticipated movie.

"When you do a movie like this, a sequel that's very, very anticipated, people anticipate ultimately that it's going to be the Second Coming," Lucas says. "And it's not. It's just a movie. Just like the other movies. You probably have fond memories of the other movies. But if you went back and looked at them, they might not hold up the same way your memory holds up."

The remarks appear to be part of a larger strategy to build interest yet temper expectations for the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise. Only one trailer is playing, and when director Steven Spielberg shows up for talk shows, he doesn't bring footage.

Lucas says he learned his lesson about unrealistic expectations when he revived the Star Wars franchise in 1999. "When people approach the new (Indiana Jones), much like they did with Phantom Menace, they have a tendency to be a little harder on it," he says. "You're not going to get a lot of accolades doing a movie like this. All you can do is lose."

Except when it comes to money. Analysts expect it to rake in well more than double its reported budget of $125 million. But Lucas says that doesn't hold much sway for him, Spielberg and Harrison Ford.

"We came back to do (Indy) because we wanted to have fun," he says. "It's not going to make much money for us in the end. We all have some money. ? It would make a lot of money if you weren't rich. But we're not doing it for the money."

It's fan and critic reaction for which the team is bracing, but Lucas says he has quit trying to appeal to everyone. "It was really a blast" to make. "And it turned out fantastic. ? I like to watch it."

Lucas concedes that it will be impossible to water down expectations, even among fellow filmmakers.

The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan met Lucas at the ShoWest convention this month and says he's impatient to see the competition. "Come on, he's George Lucas," Nolan says. "I felt like I should have kissed the ring."

20. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    i am so freakin excited to see this movie... i can't believe Lucas is playin it down... modesty or his own disappointment at the outcome? i hope the former...

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    IndianaJonesShop.com

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20080325.html

Debuting April 1st!

22. BlueHarvest1138

BlueHarvest1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 24, 2003
    http://www.endorexpress.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=293&Itemid=82

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I think for the premiere, I'll be dressed as Shia LaBeouf's character, Mutt....for no apparent reason. [face_whistling]

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The soundtrack comes out May 20:

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Kingdom-Crystal-Skull/dp/B00171MNM4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1207770641&sr=1-3

Now if they would only release complete soundtracks of the last two films. :(

25. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    All you had to was ask [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.