main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Indiana Jones and the ....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Starting this Thursday, April 21st, Entertainment Tonight begins exclusive Indy stuff, starting with an interview with Harrison Ford.

2. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    First look at the upcoming The Complete Making Of Indiana Jones book, due out in May:

http://www.libraryjournal.com/blog/770000077/post/430024443.html

3. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    So, any news when selling tickets?
    I would not be surprised there will be a triple dip when the 4th film is released on DVD.

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Don't know about that, but I did see a phone number for group tickets on one of the Indy standees in the theater lobby: 1-877-PAR-GRP5

5. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    So did you call the number Matt and find out what the deal is? Just wondering if groups of us should be using that number to get tickets for a particular showing :) And how many people constitute a group. It would be nice if like, 4-5 people were considered a group so we don't have a Carrie Fisher repeat. That was like herding cats. LOL!

6. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I've been keeping an eye on the various showtimes on Fandango.com. The times in SF tend to pop up last, especially the Metreon. Right now, there is nothing up for Indy. But I will keep an eye on it and can post something when I see something. It sounds like people are going to split up to go to Iron Man. Speed Racer is going to be playing in Imax so do we want to try and make a group for that?

7. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    According the the SF Chronicle today, tickets for INDY go on sale MAY 2. So will it be downtown in either Metreon or Westfield, or will we see it guaranteed in DIGITAL at Tanforan?

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Indy opens on a Thursday, and you know there'll be midnight shows. I'm sure most (if not all) of us will see it more than once too. The question is WHEN do we see it? It'll also give us a chance for an "informal" meeting either before or after the movie. Unlike Metreon, the Tanforan theater has cheaper food options, free parking, and is also next to a BART station. The only reason I'd go to Metreon is if it's IMAX. That's just me.

9. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Pick a day, time and mall, and let me know so I can join you all. :)

10. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Well Speed Racer will be playing in IMAX, so I would op[t for Tanforan. Also we gots to break in the brand new theater. :D

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Hey, that rhymes! :p

I could go for Tanforan, but if they show a special screening in IMAX at Metreon, I'll see it there too.

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Showtimes are up for the Century 9 in SF (across the street from Metreon):

Wed/Thu (5/21-22): 12:01 am

Thu (5/22): 8:05, 8:35, 9:25

Fri (5/23): 7:30, 8:05, 8:35, 9:25

I'm thinking of waiting for the showtimes at Tanforan because its guaranteed to be in digital and has free parking, but I'll go with what the majority says. Besides, I'll be seeing it more than once anyway. :)

13. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Tanforan is closer a lot of us from San Jose. But can people from San Francisco make it out there? I'm fine with anything, I just hope a decision is made before tickets sell out :(

14. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    most likely i'll be in LA at the time of Indy 4 so i'll watch midnight screening at the Chinese Theater

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Some showtimes are up now for Century Tanforan (San Bruno). There's a 12:01 am Wed/Thu, 5/21, and 7:00 and 10:00 pm for Thursday and Friday. Not sure if there'll be more showtimes added or not, but that's what's out there now. We could do a 10:00 pm and eat and have an informal meeting before the movie. [face_thinking]

The theater is short walk from the San Bruno BART station, and like I said, parking is free! There's a parking structure by Sears, and if you go to the third floor, there's a walkway that takes you directly to the box office and theaters, which are directly above the food court.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Dale and I just got our tickets at Century Tanforan for the 12:01 am show on 5/22 in Auditorium #10.

17. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt, do you mean you got tickets for Wednesday night/early Thursday morning? I'm about to buy my ticket, but the date is listed as Wed May 21st, and you said yours is for May 22nd.

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Our tickets say:

Thu 12:01 AM 5/22/08

Auditorium 10

Have you tried calling the theater to be sure, Kathy? Technically, 12:01 am is on Thursday. I forgot to ask if there will be more than one auditorium showing a midnight show. I can go back to theater and ask if you want.

19. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I'd like to see it with you guys in the City. Matt -- let me know when you want to see it again. I live 1 block from your job and Metreon.

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I probably won't see it in the City that weekend. For Dale's birthday on Saturday, we might see it again somewhere in the south bay, maybe after Great America or something.

21. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Picked up tixs for Tanforan today.

22. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    The New York Times has an interesting article on some of the early reviews that have posted on Ain't it Cool News:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/10/movies/10indy.html?scp=1&sq=indiana+jones&st=nyt

23. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, my ticket print out says "Wednesday May 21st 2008 12:01 am (late Wed night)" Auditorium 10. So yeah, technically Thursday but the ticket sale was for Wednesday evening. There were no show times listed on Fandango for Thursday 12:01am so I figure my ticket is for the same night as yours? Let's put it this way Matt, are you getting to the theater on Wednesday night like I am? LOL!

24. AnasianSkywalker

Sep 2, 2003
    The cast of Indy IV will be on Good Morning America on Friday, May 16, with Lucas and Spielberg.

25. AnasianSkywalker

Sep 2, 2003
    FYI - AP posted an article on the origins of the "Real" Crystal Skull legend:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080511/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/mexico_crystal_skulls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.