San Fran, CA Indiana Jones and the ....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with Kath on the negatives on this. I would also add that the kind of threw kitchen sink of mysteries and phenomena into th mix, Area 51, Alien autopsies, Ancient astronauts, Soviet Psychic Spies, Remote viewing(drawing), and of course Crystal Skulls.

I'm also pretty squeamish when it comes to bugs, but those ants just made me laugh. The Tarzan scene was a bit silly. Really dodgy CG effects,

Overall though, the movie was enjoyable, despite a couple of groan out loud moments. Ford was great. it was good to see Karen Allen back. Shia didn't embarrass the franchise. I'd rank it above Temple of Doom, and jusr slightly below or tied with Last Crusade.
  2. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    hi everyone! just got back earlier today from my mini vacation to LA. i went with my church friends to Universal Studios Tuesday to check out the new Simpsons ride (2nd day run).Wednesday was a fun filled day driving around LA and then watching the Lakers game. To cap off the night my friends and I went to watch Indy 4 at Citywalk Universal City where waiting in line was entertaining. THere was a cameraman for NBC news interviewing people and just my luck they interviewed me. I guess wearing the Lucasfilm official shirt grabbed the attention of the camera crew. All in all I liked the movie but I have to agree with Kat about the overuse of CG for the animals!
  3. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Cool, Kev. Do you know when that will air? Maybe it will be on when the 501st was interviewed for The Tonight Show during the Bay To Breakers last weekend.
  4. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    nbc news LA said that the segment was gonna air at 11pm that night so it will prolly be on the nbc LA news website. i'll post the link if i can find it.
  5. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    It was okay, other than the CGI moments esp the monkeys and surviving a nuke's blast radius and fall out (Indiana Jones and the Radiation Poisoning is Indy 5 haha), it made sense (mainly cos I watch too much Discovery and History channel) until the very end. OMG WTH...

Yeah... no Indy 5, please stop LFL while you're ahead, barely...
  6. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, a lead lined fridge may protect you from radiation but NOT a nuclear blast.

For those interested, History Channel will be showing Indiana Jones and the Ultimate Quest:

Throughout history there have been legendary artifacts that have captured the imagination of adventurers everywhere. While belief in their existence seems to fly in the face of reason and science, there have been those who have devoted their lives to their discovery. One man has looked for some of these remarkable treasures. He is Indiana Jones--professor of archeology and an adventurer who has uncovered some of the world's greatest mysteries. But Dr. Jones is just a fictitious character and it's widely assumed that the artifacts he searched for were also figments of a writer's imagination. But were they?

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=295858
  7. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    That's so cool that they interviewed you Kevin!

As for the Nuclear blast - I knew I was watching a cartoon when Indy actually evacuated that refrigerator without a broken bone or concussion. Actually, that fridge just should have been blown to bits.
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I saw it again tonight. Wow. Much more positive responses on RL forums. Interesting.

Anyway, here's an interesting article - Russians comment on their portrayal in the film:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080523/film_nm/russia_indianajones_dc
  9. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't even bother reading responses on the RL forums. My opinion remains the same - I was laughing my head off repeatedly throughout the movie. Sometimes when it was a true comical moment, but sometimes it was more of an eye rolling 'oh my gosh... that was bad' kind of laugh. It was a real mix. It was a good movie, not a great movie.
  10. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    To clarify the various news articles. It is Russian COMMUNISTS that are upset, not Russians. It's as if the Nazi party were to get upset about their portrayal in Raiders of the Lost Ark.
  11. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Well not to mention lead has a relatively low melting point and is one of the softer metals. As much as it would of "protected" him from radiation he should of been incinerated at that range in the blast radius of a nuke.

lol He should of landed as a lead block like he was in carbonite. hahaha...

The fridge had to be made of out adamantium lined with lead in that case although considering how he landed they would have had to scoop Indy up with a spatula. :p
  12. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    If you want a laugh, look up "duck and cover" on youtube. That's all Indy had to do to survive an atomic blast. [face_laugh]
  13. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    My favorite part was when they showed the Clone Wars Trailer before the movie. It was nice seeing it on the big screen. Indy 4 had it's moments. Not many :rolleyes:
  14. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Makes me wonder when Bratz and LFL will market a doll of Anakin's apprentice, Ashoka...[face_thinking]
  15. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Well we already beat them to it by turning a Bratz doll into Barriss Offee. ;)

Is'nt it deja vu that 19 years ago this month we were all celebrating the release of a NEW Indiana Jones movie, and anticipating a Batman movie with the Joker as the villian? ;)
  16. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Saw it at the Castro Theater yesterday (makes 3x this weekend) - long lines, great DTS sound, and a huge screen! Wish we'd found out about it earlier. I would've opted to go to the midnight showing there. :(
  17. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4

Only if you're old with all that life experience... [face_laugh]
  18. ARASHI Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well I think the movie was ok but no wooooowww
    The story was silly.
    It was something like ET meets Indy
    The worst part for me was that the story was set
    in PERU but the whole geography was TERRIBLE BAD
    Ok I understand that people connect Peru with Cuzco - Macchu Picchu
    but Please mr. Spielberg if you are going to make a worldwide movie
    at least get the details properly

1st the set o put NAZCA LINES in .... CUZCO... PLEASE Nazca Lines is
    located in ICA (south of Lima) Come on something so simple

2nd. When Indy & his son walk in "Nazca City" the music they used as a
    background is Mexican... not typical from Peru or Nazca

3rd NAZCA LINES are in a Dessert so it's bad the scene were Indy
    is getting into Francisco de Orellana's tomb

If Russian communist are upset because they potrait a bad image of them
    Peruvians feel insult because they didn't respect our country & their culture.
    I feel just dissapointed :(

http://www.elcomercio.com.pe/ediciononline/HTML/2008-05-28/fallas-indiana-jones-molestan-academicos.html
  19. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    From Harry Knowles of AintItCoolNews:

"Raiders is about BELIEVING. Temple Of Doom is about TRUST. Last Crusade is about abandoning obsessions and choosing to live. And that leads us to The Crystal Skulls...I?m going to say I feel the film is about letting go of the past and choosing a happy future. It?s LIFE."

I agree.

:D
  20. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's what I thought when I first heard the soundtrack...mariachi music for Peru. Kind of a shame, since I've heard Peruvian music before and it's very different. But I'm guessing most gringos would not notice.
    I kinda remember that from the In Search of... TV series.
    Dude, Harry Knowles hardly ever criticizes a movie, especially a blockbuster. But I can see his point.
  21. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Go Mirtha! Our Peruvian expert. hehehe... I'd love to see the Nazca Lines someday though.

You agree... but... [face_shhh]

Maybe reflection on that statement a bit may be of inspiration to you bro. ;)
  22. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4

And more info: http://www.cinematical.com/2008/07/22/iron-man-gets-a-dvd-release-date/
    [image=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sPSQHhjdL._SS400_.jpg]
  23. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Too bad they don't have that with the other relics and movies.
  24. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    Indiana Jones and the light of Drunk

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-shia28-2008jul28,0,4078345.story
  25. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    ummm...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37686
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.