main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Indiana Jones Fic. Indiana Jones and the Last Continent

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by The1stJediPrincess, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Over 8 years ago, I was part of a "round robin" posted on The story sadly was abandoned. Surprisingly, the second part of the story remains on the site today. I've decided to take the plot and rewrite it. I'm still working on it. Please read and review.

Alexandra Jones is my own character, while Zach Jones belonged to Teneniel Djo.

============================================================================================

Chapter 1 October 1958, Fairfield, New York

Zach Jones stood outside his father's classroom of Barnett College in Fairfield, New York. He was the spitting image of his father at age 17. He was a senior in High School, was a member of the football team, and a straight A student. But he had an obsession. Archeology, much to his father's dismay. No matter how much he pleaded with his father to allow him to take that as a major in college, he could not make the doctor agree. It frustrated the young man to say the least.

He leaned against the wall and listened to his father close out his class, "Be prepared for a quiz on the criticisms of Thomas Bruce, for removing the "Elgin Marbles from their rightful place on the Parthenon of Athens."

Zach waited as a full class filed out. It amused him to see that half were still girls. Not that girl's could not be archeologists. His mother was one. His older sister would like to be one, but that was out of the question.

Dr. Indiana Jones was beginning to grade papers when his son entered the classroom. It was not unusual for either of his children to meet him at the lecture hall, "Hello, Zach. Come to help the old man with his books?"

Zach laughed, "Not quite Dad, I have something to show you." He handed his father a piece of paper. It was a permission slip for school. One of the history teachers was going on an amateur excavation of an old Cherokee Indian reservation near the Smokey Mountains over the spring break. Indiana quietly read it, folded it, and placed it on his desk. He did not remark on it.

Zach was losing patience, "Well?"

"Well what?" His father asked.

Zach was anxious to get his father to agree. All of his friends were going, and he wanted to go to, "Come on Dad, you know what. Can I go?"

The response was a quiet but definite, "No."

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Zach did not even attempt to keep his voice down, "I'm asking to go to Tennessee for Christ's sake, not someplace where Neo-Nazis still hail Hitler, or?"

"That's enough, Zachariah." The teen knew that he had crossed a very thin line. His father would not put up with blasphemy or disrespect.

Zach lowered his voice, "Dad, you can't protect us forever."

Not looking up from the paper he was grading, Indiana replied, "I can try."

Understanding he was not going to get anywhere with his father, Zack left the classroom. Zack quickly walked to his car. A 1956 Chevy Bel Aire that he got for his seventeenth birthday. It was bright red with white and Zack loved it. While his father was a strict man who demanded respect, it was clear that he liked to give his family their hearts desire.

The teen was so engrossed with the conversation that he had just had with his father, that he did not notice the car at the far end of the parking lot. He also did not realize that they had been keeping track of his comings and goings.

2. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    Chapter 2

Indy had been in his office most of the day. He was now the Dean of Archaeology, so he only taught the one class these days. Still he was an extremely busy man. He was responsible for every aspect of his department. He also had five professors under him. All of them younger and experienced in the field. Indiana had not been a "field" man for a little over fifteen years now. Sometimes he missed the excitement of the fortune and glory treasure hunting. But that life had cost him too much and he was content to be in a classroom.

He also knew that both of his children were passionate about Archaeology. His daughter had turned 19 that summer and was adamant about changing her major to that very subject. But Indiana thought it was best to bribe her. The 1957 Corvette seemed to do the trick and she kept her major a very safe Art History when she started her second year at Vassar, no one ever got killed studying paintings from the past.

Both his children were smart and would go far in their endeavors. But they would live a normal life. Not the existence he lived through the 1920's and 30's. But that way of life came to a screeching halt in 1942. It still pained him to think about it. So the next fifteen years were dedicated to his family. Or what was left of it. Every dance recital, every football game, award ceremonies, and graduations. Indiana Jones was always there. They wanted for nothing, except a mother.

A knock at the door broke him out of his recollections. His secretary, Veronica, stood at the doorway.

"Dr. Jones," Veronica began, "There is someone here to see you, he says he's an acquaintance of Mr. Brody's"

Indiana was mystified, he did not have any appointments scheduled for that afternoon. It was Friday and he wanted to get home early so he could talk to his son. Or attempt to. The pair had not spoken much over the past two days. Zack completely ignored his father, but Indy knew that he had a long conversation with his sister on the issue. He expected to catch hell from her as well.

"Who is it?"

"He says his name in Mr. Williamson." His secretary replied, "He claims to know Mr. Brody."

Before Indy could respond a man his age or a little younger came up behind Veronica, "Dr. Jones, I hope you don't mind the intrusion. I was hoping for a few minutes of your time." The man had a British accent.

Indiana stood up and held out his hand, "Of course. Please have a seat."

Indiana took his seat again and folded his hands. He glanced up at the clock. 4:45. He really wanted to get home. He looked at his visitor expectantly, wishing he would hurry up and state his business.

His guest, sensing the doctor's impatience, started to speak, "I've been told that you are the best in the subject of archaeology. That there is no one in this country better, maybe even the world."

Indy took off his glasses and pulled out a handkerchief to clean them, "I suppose that would depend largely on whom you are speaking to, Mr. Williamson.

The other man laughed, "Come now Dr. Jones, please give yourself you due." He reached into his briefcase and pulled out a small book. "I'm sure you recognize this Doctor."

Indy felt his heartbeat speed up. Of course he recognized it. It was his. Indiana picked up the small book and stared at it in disbelief. It was a diary, not to unlike his father's grail diary. But these pages held Indy's research. He had not seen it since 1942. He blocked practically all aspects of that year out of his mind. Not only had he not seen his book since 1942, he did not want to see it. His obsession had a price. That price would haunt him until he died.

"Where did you get this?" He finally managed to ask.

"At an estate auction in Germany," Mr. Williamson replied. "The family had lost much during the War. They did not support The Fuehrer or Nazism. The last surviving member passed away last year."

Indy's heart was pounding so hard now, he was sure the other man heard it, "Well not all Germans were bad." He was flipping through the pages, noticing pages missing.

With a shrug, Williamson said, "I'm rather su

3. The1stJediPrincess

Sep 20, 2010
    Chapter 3

Indiana Jones broke all records racing home. It was already dark when he arrived. The autumn air had a cool chill to it. He stormed through the front door and looked around. The house appeared to be untouched and empty. He walked down the center hallway to the kitchen and found it empty as well. But there was a pot simmering on low on the stove. He did not see Margaret, the housekeeper.

He jumped when he heard something upstairs. It sounded like someone had dropped something. He quietly went to his office and unlocked his bottom desk drawer. From the drawer he pulled out his loaded revolver and made his way up the back stairs cautiously.

The hallway was dark, except for the bedroom at the end of the hall. Indiana could hear someone searching through the closet. He peered with care into the room and did not see anyone. The person was evidently in the walk-in closet. He pointed his gun at the closet door and said in a powerful voice, "Whoever you are, come out with your hands up." Both hands on his gun, he waited for the perpetrator to come out. He was not expecting to see who he did. It was his daughter, apparently home from school on a weekend visit.

"Sheesh, Dad. You definitely have to much caffeine in your diet." Alexandra said. "What's up with you? Paranoia is not a good color on you."

"Alex! What in God's name are you doing here?" Her father demanded.

The young woman looked at her father as though he had lost his head, "Well, last time I looked this is my bedroom and has been since I've been four years old." She continued to unpack her weekend bag, "My brother is certainly right, you've lost it."

Indy put his gun away and ran his hand over his face, "It's not that Sweetheart, I just wasn't expecting you. I didn't see your car."

"It's out there. I parked on the street. Margaret ran to the store to pick up some things for dinner," His daughter told him. "By the way, do we know anyone in Germany?"

Her father frowned, "Germany?"

Alex pulled a small package out of her bag, "This was sent to me at school, its postmarked from Berlin. I don't recognize the name or understand the note attached." She handed her father the package.

For the second time today, Indiana Jones was shocked. It was the missing pages. Also included was a note,

La plus chère Alexandra,

Gardez le travail de votre parent. Leur legs. Donnez-le s'il vous plaît à votre père. Il comprendra. Dieu Bénit.

Mme. Ammelie Kilburne

Dearest Alexandra,

Please guard your parent's work. Their legacy. Give this to your father, he will understand.

God Bless.

Mrs. Ammelie Kilburne

"Pretty bizarre, isn't it?" His daughter asked. "I looked at the pages, they are fascinating, but what does it have to do with you and mom?"

Not answering her, he shoved the package into his pocket, "Alexandra, listen carefully. You are to get in your car and drive back to school. No, go to your grandfather's. Don't tell anyone where you are." His voice had an edge of panic to it.

Confused, his daughter asked, "What? I just got here. What's going on? And where is my brother?"

She folded her arms over her chest and looked at her father with interest.

"I don't know?" He finally said.

"But something is wrong?" She asked apprehensively.

Taking a deep sigh, her father answered truthfully, "Yes, Honey. Very wrong."

Stepping forward she took her father's hand, "Well, I'm not a little girl anymore. I suggest you tell me everything."

A half hour later they were seated at the kitchen table. Margaret piddled around the kitchen, visibly upset. She had worked for the Jones family for almost twenty years and before that she worked for Mrs. Jones's family. She loved the children as if they were her own. Her only son had been a soldier in the war and had been killed.

Margaret came with Elizabeth to the States when Elizabeth married the famous archeologist in a whirlwind courtship in 1938. They met at the University of London where Elizabeth Talbot was finishing up her masters degree and Indy was a guest speaker. She was an archeologist too, but she also h

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.