Indiana Jones holds no value??!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 2, 2012.

1. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    One of the Diseny has said that when making the Lucasfilms deal they gave no value to Indiana Jones? Why? It cause its has Paramount linked to it? I could very much see a Indiana Jones cartoon doing great on the Disney Channel and the a new movie would be big.
  2. yodasbum Force Ghost

star 2
    I think that Indiana is so linked to Harrison that any future for it would probably mean a reboot. I can't see Harrison reprising that role now although I am unsure if I'd even watch a 5th film after the last abomination.
  3. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    I think they could easily do jones like a bond movie.
    DarthBoba and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The People don't like Indy as much.
  5. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5
    That and also Indy is tied up with Paramount when it comes to distribution and all that jazz. No 100% cash for the Mouse, no deal!
  6. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5
    Even with that said, there is tremendous value in the Indiana Jones franchise. Between the franchise and marketing rights it holds, there is a very substantial income stream for the Mouse. I think Disney is downplaying it at the moment, to focus on the bigger and currently more relavent franchise.