main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones holds no value??!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by WhiskeyGold, Nov 2, 2012.

1. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    One of the Diseny has said that when making the Lucasfilms deal they gave no value to Indiana Jones? Why? It cause its has Paramount linked to it? I could very much see a Indiana Jones cartoon doing great on the Disney Channel and the a new movie would be big.

2. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    I think that Indiana is so linked to Harrison that any future for it would probably mean a reboot. I can't see Harrison reprising that role now although I am unsure if I'd even watch a 5th film after the last abomination.

3. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I think they could easily do jones like a bond movie.

DarthBoba and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    The People don't like Indy as much.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That and also Indy is tied up with Paramount when it comes to distribution and all that jazz. No 100% cash for the Mouse, no deal!

6. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Even with that said, there is tremendous value in the Indiana Jones franchise. Between the franchise and marketing rights it holds, there is a very substantial income stream for the Mouse. I think Disney is downplaying it at the moment, to focus on the bigger and currently more relavent franchise.