main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones IV- A great movie, or a total disaster?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by The_Wampa, Oct 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurboExtremist

TurboExtremist Jedi Master star 2

Sep 24, 2004
    Correction: Speed and Twister also use CGI very well.

2. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    Just to update this thread with new info, it is official that Indiana Jones 4 will start filming in June, set for a May 2008 release.

Oh, and to respond to an earlier comment, I don't think Marion should come back. I hate to say it, but while men age well, women do not. Karen Allen just doesn't look that great anymore, at least not good enough for an Indy girl anymore. Sure, it'd be realistic to have Indy wind up with Marion again, but I think an actress younger than Karen Allen should play a new love interest - one more good-looking, probably in her 40s since Harrison will probably be playing an Indy in his 50s.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    There's precedent for old people in love working perfectly well.

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    While I'm certain Indy will have a young(er) love interest, I have no problem with Marion Ravenwood coming back in that role. People age, deal with it.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    mmhmm.

One of the best love stories ever, imo, is Robert Duvall and Angelica Huston in Lonesome Dove. Neither of them were spring chickens.

6. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    Oh, I'd be fine with Marion coming back. I just like the cute Marion from Raiders and I know we won't get that Marion back. But whatever. I trust Spielberg and Lucas that they will make a great love interest, whoever she is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.