main
side
curve

Indiana Jones Land at Disney World?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    There's rumors going around that Disney is planning to create an Indiana Jones Land at Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney's World.

Here's one of the articles reporting the rumor:
    https://orlandoinformer.com/blog/indiana-jones-land-animal-kingdom/

Also here's a great video recap addressing the story.

Thoughts?

I would love to see an Indiana Jones Land at Disney World. Putting it in the Animal Kingdom park seems a bit odd at first but Indy does encounter animals on his adventures. If they create a new storyline where Indy is after an artifact shaped like an animal it would fit the the park's theme.

Indiana Jones and the Golden Jaguar, something along those lines.

2. Nibelung

Nibelung Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 18, 2017
    Animal Kingdom is easily the least thought-out and least visited of the Disney FL parks. It's understandable that Disney would want a major draw there. But Indiana Jones Land? Lucasfilm has historically treated the Indy franchise like an unwanted little brothe to SW in terms of merchandising, so it's rather surprising.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    They're probably doing it in conjunction with the upcoming film. Maybe animals are going to play a major part in it?

4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I've never been to Disney World (or Disneyland for that matter) but apparently the Animal Kingdom's two largest sections are park themed to Africa and Asia. The rumor is that Dinoland will be removed and replace with South America in which Indiana Jones Land would be a section of that area. Make senses to me.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    I've been to Disneyland but it was quite some time ago (back in the '90s).