main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones on Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Jedi76, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Blu Ray's are awesome for these movies

2. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I'd have to check my dvd set but I wonder if the enhanced version was included on that one originally. To be honest it doesn't bother me too much which one they use, I didn't notice too much difference apart from the greenery, kind of a pointless enhancement to me.

3. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Maybe a dumb question - was there a version of Raiders, maybe TV, which cut out the line from the Nazi officer about how he was "uncomfortable with this Jewish ritual"?

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    they just had him say it in the cable version.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it's not on the dvd. it was made for the blu but speilberg didn't let it in. it only showed up in some older cable broadcasts.

6. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  7. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    Reports are suggesting that the extras on the 4k set are not new though. That's really disappointing if so.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wonder what anyone's impression of the 4K versions are on here? The 4K transfers of SW (at least episodes IV-VI) are fantastic. Are these comparable, does anyone know?

9. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I don't have a 4K tv nor a 4K player but from what I understand the new 4K transfers look great. KotCS has also been recolored timed to bring it closer to the look of the first three films.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That looks great. All of a sudden, KOTCS actually looks like an Indiana Jones movie. The original grade was all wrong for the series.

11. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    That movie had odd cinematography. I wonder how he feels about this correction.