main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones Special Edition DVDs - May 13th

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I've been expecting this but this is the first I've read about an Indiana Jones double-dip.

From The Digital Bits

Paramount has also announced the Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark: Special Edition, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: Special Edition and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: Special Edition for DVD release on 5/13.

I'll see if I can dig up some more info about these.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice!

If these discs include the commentaries and special features that were lacking from the first set, I may have to splurge and pick up the films again. We shall see. I can't wait until more info becomes available.

3. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    If they're not bluray, I'll pass on them for now.

4. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Would it not be better to release these later in the year along with the Kingdom DVD, if there's know major changes then I won't buy them but if there is then I'll have to get them.

5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    This ain't too surprising. Most movie studios offfer double dips whenever new installments in a series/franchise comes out.

6. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Paramount and Lucasfilm would be crazy not to do this.

7. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    So how about re-releasing the complete scores for the original three films, then? That's all I really want.

8. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I'd love if they did that, it would be fantastic. :D

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I won't double dip unless there's tons of special features. I think the set from a few years ago is pretty adequate until they release a Blu Ray set.

10. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I've been offline for a few days but The Digital Bits posted this as a follow-up to the first announcement.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa151.html#bdastate

By the way, Paramount has now pulled those Indiana Jones: Special Editions we mentioned yesterday from their online press website (due 5/13), along with Jericho: The Second Season (6/10), so we're guessing the studio wasn't ready for the news to leak yet. Oh well. You know they're coming. We'll keep you updated as official details are released.

11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Hmm, I hope these aren't special in the way of having anything added/changed. I doubt it. If the features are worth it... well, I hate this sort of thing :p But maybe I'll compel my dad to get them when/if they come out on BluRay so I can watch them at home :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    They should just wait till the Holiday Season and release an Ultimate Indiana Jones Collection on Blu-Ray, including the 4 theatrical movies, and the complete "Young Indiana Jones" TV series. I don't think it would be that big on Blu-Ray, maybe 7 or 8 discs total... or 10 if they're packed with extras.

For even more complete awesomeness, the complete collection could come in special packaging made to look like a small Ark of the Covenant. [face_dancing]

13. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    That would be awesome. I either see the DVDs coming out just be KotCS with a sneek peak at the new film or waiting till the fall to release all four films at once.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Exactly. I am not buying any more DVDs.

15. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Sorry for missing this thread earlier! Here's the latest info;

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42504

16. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    There isn't enough new content there to justify buying the movies again. Especially with Blu-Ray releases around the corner.

17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm convinced they're only re-releasing them for the people who don't already own them. They can't be stupid enough to think we're going to buy them if we already had the earlier release.

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    The only time I've doubled dipped on a DVD was when they re-released the James Bond films with new Lowry Digital transers. Lowry also did the digital transfer for the Indy DVDs.

19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I should also add that I didn't immediately realize the IJ movies had never before been available separately. So, this is good news for someone who maybe wanted to buy one or two of the movies, but didn't want to get the whole trilogy. [face_dancing]

20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I agree with the others. After seeing what will be on the discs, it's definitely not worth buying them all again. I think I'll pass.

21. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    At least they didn't try to add a computer animated Sallah into Temple of Doom and have Indy walk on his foot or something ....

22. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    Geezz. I want them on Blu-ray or not at all. I already have the first DVD Box and some new features isn't going to convince me to buy them all over again.

23. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    But why would you not want to own ALL of the Indy goodness? :confused: [face_shame_on_you]

24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I do. But maybe casual fans won't. Maybe someone liked the first and last movie but didn't care for Temple of Doom.

25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    [image=http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/southparkspielberg.jpg]

All your life has been the pursuit of seeing a great film! This new version of Raiders has digital effects beyond your wildest dreams! You want to see it screened just as much as I. Son, we are simply passing through history. This... is imPROVED history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.