main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones V, VI?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by theUnknownjedi, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theUnknownjedi

theUnknownjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    With the popular success of the original trilogy, it's ineveitable that Indy IV will gross a large sum of money. Knowing this, do you think they will make a 5th Jones movie or even a whole new trilogy? Afterall, it only takes a year and a half to make the films and if today's audience is still into the movies, they could have a number of hits on there hands.

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I highly doubt it. This fourth one is really pushing it for Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford. After this, they're gonna wanna move to other projects.

3. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    I agree, I don't think Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford would do another one even if Indy 4 makes a ton of money. They will probably do original projects and not a re-hashed idea. On a side note, has anyone else noticed that Harrison Ford doesn't really get along with George Lucas? I've read interviews on SCIFI.COM and DARK HORIZONS.COM and I just get the impression that he doesn't like Lucas, oh well maybe I'm wrong.

4. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    There's also the fact that Ford is getting really old. I'm sure he has one more Indy left in him, but another two? I doubt it.

Amazing.

5. theUnknownjedi

theUnknownjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Harrison's in good enough shape to spare enough 3-4 years.

6. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    When Lucas first told Spielberg about the whole Indiana Jones character and he agreed to direct Raiders, Lucas told him when he was almost done with the film that he envisioned it as a 5-part series. Spielberg said that this kind of daunted him a tad. I paraphrasing this, but it was from a direct quote of Spielberg's. Don't get snappy now, I'm desperately trying to find this quote, It's in one of my countless books, but I'll find it.

7. Professor Moriarty

Sep 27, 1999
    Well I know what books it's not in. It's actually in a book I left back in Michigan. It is 'The Films of Harrison Ford' by Lee Pfeiffer. I believe it discusses this near the beginning of the Temple of Doom section. If anybody has this book can you please look this up for me? I highly recommend this book, especially for it's very indepth sections on the Star Wars and Indy films. I'm very curious now. It's only $2.95 used at Amazon.

8. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    They should do a story set in the Philippines Southern Islands, the Moro Country, because of its history with the US during WWII and Spanish-American War. It could focus on a special Kris or Spanish Conquistador sword or even supernatural artifacts like amulets and spirits.
    The EU comics and novels would be just fine. Motion picture-wise I think they can top the South American opening of ROTLA: have Moro Warriors chase Indy across the jungles of Palawan or Mindanao.
    The Moros were one of the fiercest swordsmen the US and Spain have ever known and still revered by military historians. If its a WWII Japanese occupation story Indy can be involved with the guerilla freedom fighters. Spielberg is already involved with Tom Cruise for the movie version of the current best selling book "Ghost Soldiers"...

9. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Lucas and Ford get along just fine.

If nothing else, Ford kisses George's feet for making him who he is today.

Lucas gave him his first break in American Graffiti. Then his first BIG break in Star Wars. Then he made him an international icon with Indiana Jones.

I think Harrison Ford likes George Lucas. ;)

10. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    It could happen as a "passing the torch" so to speak.

Like Obi-Wan in episode 4, this would focus on Indiana Jones having his son continue in his stead.

Could make two more flicks out of it easily...

11. Professor Moriarty

Sep 27, 1999
    This looks VERY promising.

From interview with Spielberg at comingsoon.net:

The director of the hit film "Minority Report" says that keeping up with the Joneses isn't easy. Steven Spielberg admits that the upcoming sequel to "Indiana Jones" wasn't first on his "to do" list. "There was a little nagging," he says, laughing about the much-awaited sequel starring Harrison Ford. "George Lucas nagged me a little bit on it. But the deal is that George, Harrison Ford, Kathleen Kennedy and I built a family in the '80s. It was a wonderful family. A nine-year family. We made three films in nine years. Now, I would like to go back and have some fun. I'm kind of saving the candy for the last one," Spielberg says.

Hello, the last one? "Oh, I don't know," Spielberg adds. "Of course, I said the third Indy would be the last one. And obviously it's not. So I can't even comment whether the fourth will be the last one or not." As for plot secrets, Spielberg says, "I'm not looking to redesign the wheel. I just want to continue the saga." The film is due out in 2004. Yes, Spielberg's wife, Kate Capshaw, has a cameo.

12. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.