main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IndianaJones.com Discussion Thread: New Video - Indy On The Set

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    This will be the official thread to discuss all content that appears on the official Indiana Jones website. Updates from the website will be posted and discussed in this thread.

June 18, 2007: New Indy Adventure Begins Shooting - Shia LaBeouf Video

Today director Steven Spielberg will shout "Action!" marking the return of the character who redefined cinematic action as cameras roll on the first day of principal photography on the new Indiana Jones adventure. Spielberg reunites with executive producer George Lucas and star Harrison Ford to bring the classic hero back to the big screen. It's the trio's first collaboration since the last film in the Indiana Jones series, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Shooting will continue throughout the summer before the film goes into post-production to be ready for its May 22, 2008 release. The new Indiana Jones film is a Lucasfilm Ltd. Production distributed by Paramount Pictures. Frank Marshall returns as producer with Kathleen Kennedy joining Lucas as executive producer.

Joining the cast is newcomer Shia LaBeouf, whose perspective on Indiana Jones is a bit unique among his fellow cast members: When Shia grew up, Indy was already a legend. We recently caught up with LaBeouf before cameras rolled, and he shared his thoughts about joining the Indy adventure.

As we count down to the release of the next Indiana Jones adventure, keep coming back to IndianaJones.com for more official updates.

Head over there to see the video interview with Shia.

Shia Video - Direct Link 30 MBs
    http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/mov/shia.mov

Since I'm on a dial-up connection I haven't had time to download the video yet. 30 MBs will take me around three hours to download. Can someone with a faster connection fill us in on what Shia says. Thanks.

[i]"So it begins."[/i]

2. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, I'd really like to tell you what he's talking about, but I only get the picture, not the sound ;)

3. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Well it took me 2 hours and 38 minutes to download but I got it. It's just a video of Shia talking about how overwhelmed he is to be in Indy 4 and meeting Harrison Ford. He says growing up as a kid Indiana Jones was his favorite movies and that his dad got him hooked on them. His dad had John Wayne videos and Indiana Jones so Shia grew up watching those.

4. Darth_Sidious-

Darth_Sidious- Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    So are they going to be giving us update videos all the time like with SW?

5. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I don't know, looks like we'll be getting regular updates but it probably won't be as extensive as the coverage of the Star Wars prequel films.

6. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Sadly I think Spielberg would be opposed to the webcam.

7. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
  8. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    June 25, 2007: Video: First Day of Shooting

Monday, June 18, 2007 marked the first day of principal photography of the new Indiana Jones film. Director Steven Spielberg shares with us a brief video from that day. The new Indiana Jones movie is a Lucasfilm Ltd. Production, directed by Steven Spielberg and distributed by Paramount Pictures. Frank Marshall returns as producer with Kathleen Kennedy joining George Lucas as executive producer. It is planned for worldwide release on May 22, 2008.

Direct Download 14.4 MBs
    http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/mov/firstday.mov

9. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Ooh this just gets better and better. Looks like they will be keeping us up to date after all!

10. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I haven't had time to download it yet. 14 MBs will take me between an hour to an hour and a half to download. I'll post my thoughts then.

11. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Very brief, but it actually gave me chills. I still can't believe this movie's actually happening!

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice little video. I agree that it's great to see this thing actually happening! :)

13. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    It is a nice little video, and the shot of the two cars going down the road gave me chills of a very American Grafitti-esque persuasion.

14. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Freeze framing the video it doesn't look like Harrison Ford is involved with this shot. Shooting started on the 18th and I'm guessing Harrison didn't start filming until the 21st, when the first photo of him as Indy was taken.

15. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Another video. This is....good news I dig the cars, and apparently George Lucas is a Speed Channel fan.

16. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Speed Channel ftw!;)

17. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    Not to much there. But, it's now out amoung the common people. I bet the buzz will begin to grow.

18. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Looking at those cars I thought "Is Harrison playing Indiana Jones or Bob Falfa?" ;).

19. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Whoo! This is so exciting!

Yay for some SPEED Channel love lol. He could use some pointers after his bonzai run into the turn during the Toyota celebrity race a few weeks back.

20. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    July 11, 2007: Video: Indy Arrives

Hat? Check. Jacket? Check. Bullwhip? Check. As cameras roll on the new Indiana Jones adventure, Director Steven Spielberg shares with us a brief video of Harrison Ford returning to his classic role.

The new Indiana Jones movie is a Lucasfilm Ltd. Production, directed by Steven Spielberg and distributed by Paramount Pictures. Frank Marshall returns as producer with Kathleen Kennedy joining George Lucas as executive producer. It is planned for worldwide release on May 22, 2008.

Direct Download
    11.4 MBs
    http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/mov/indyarrives.mov

21. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    Sweet!

I wonder why Indy is flanked by the army guys in that video...last scene of the teaser?

22. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I final saw the video after trying for about an hour because my PC didn't like it or knew I wanted to see so badly so kept it from me and sorry about the thread I created Gobi-1 I just got so excited I forgot about this thread because the video is so awesome and Harrison looks fantastic I really need to see this movie NOW.

23. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    It's good that Harrison Ford hasn't forgotten how to look like Indiana Jones after tons of movies with his angry-intense, Jack Ryan-esque "Get off my plane!" face...

[image=http://archive.salon.com/ent/movies/review/2002/07/19/k19/story.jpg]

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very cool! And I thought that first picture was really something when it came out. That video was even better! Thanks for posting the link, Gobi! :)

25. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    It's great seeing him smile again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.