main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IndianaJones.com Discussion Thread: New Video - Indy On The Set

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

They call him DR. JONES! :cool:

Great to see this...man, there's gonna be an awesome buzz and feeling
    by next May. Oh yeah, bring it on. [face_dancing]

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Man, am I the only one who still feels like this is some wonderful dream? Actually, I had a dream the other night that I saw the trailer and it was AWESOME ;) But seriously, I've been following this project for 10 years, literally half my life. This is too good to be true.

Definitely! And that one shot where he's flanked by the soldiers... uber-Indy. In an undefinable way, but he was definitely there. I think I wet myself a little.

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo*

MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo* Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    o_O

4. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    Always great to see the man in the fadora.

5. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Is it just me or did Harrison look noticeably old in the video? I'm just worried that he's going to look too old for the part and that it won't be as believable, or that it will feel forced like Sylvester Stallone in Rocky Balboa. I'm keeping the faith though.

6. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    Check the shot of Ford sitting and Lucas(who looks alarmingly like Michael McDonald)looking at him:

Lucas is wearing a "Han Shot First" shirt.

I'd say more, but I'll probably get permabanned.

7. DrSartorius

DrSartorius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    It's just you.

And FYI Ford is old. :rolleyes:

8. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    That's what I thought too! He looks like he was going to sing "Taking It To The Streets"! The only thing I can say about George's T-Shirt is that I hope it means a certain "redaction" for the HD versions of the original trilogy. It's probably wishful thinking.

9. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002

If you can't contribute intelligent input, then I would suggest you not post at all.

10. DrSartorius

DrSartorius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    I was responding to what you said. Did I break a rule? Maybe I should have responded in a more polite way. Excuse me.

11. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I would have left out the eyeroll, but let's move on.

12. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I'm shocked by how young he looks.

Anyone here with the Indiana Jones DVD Box Set (which I'm guessing is probably quite a few people), go to Disc 4 and check out the interview segments with Ford which were done around, i would guess, five years ago. In them he looks really rough, and fully ten years older than he does on the Indy 4 set. He's really gotten back into shape. I think the botox has worn off, and the only thing that makes him look much older than Last Crusade (in which he had already started to show the signs of age) is the gray hair. To be honest, looking at that video, if he'd died his hair brown (I'm in two minds as to whether he should've) he wouldn't have looked that much older than in Last Crusade.

EDIT:

Just to show what I mean, compare the web-video with this pic from Raiders...

[image=http://quizfarm.com/images/1130267983INDY.jpg]

...and then with this one from Crusade. The difference between 1 and 3 is bigger than that between 3 and 4, in my opinion.

[image=http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1989_Indiana_Jones_and_the_Last_Crusade/1989_the_last_crusade_013.jpg]

Which is, of course, a good thing.

13. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    Shia, it's customary to look at the camera when you're being interviewed. :D

14. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    July 17, 2007: Video: Indy News Spreads Worldwide

Everyone is hungry for news of Indiana Jones. When Director Steven Spielberg gave a glimpse of behind-the-scenes footage of Harrison Ford as Indy last week (you can see it here), it quickly spread around the world. Here's a compilation of news clips celebrating the return of the globe-trotting adventurer.

Direct Download
    24.4 MBs
    http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/mov/worldnews.mov

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I was hoping for something new, but the video was still kinda nice. It was neat seeing the impact this film is already having around the world. Now let's hurry up with that release date. :p

16. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I downloaded the video but it somehow got corrupted right at the end so I had to delete the file, but I did get to watch it so it was interesting. You've got to hand it to Lucas and Spielberg they've generated worldwide news coverage with only 64 seconds of footage.

17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I'd have loved some new footage too, but that vid was neat because it was a real reminder of how iconic 'Indy' is... [face_cowboy]

After I watched it I said "Now that's what I call globe trotting." :p

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  19. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    BRILLIANT ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT

20. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    Did anybody else happen to notice the teaser picture with his hat, whip, and box that looks awfuly similar to the one the Arc's in?

21. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I think it's a strong hint that the warehouse and (possibly the Ark of the Covenant) from the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark could come back into play.

22. MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo*

MaStEr JiMmY PaGe *ZoSo* Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2000
    The new flash frontend is in keeping with the new starwars.com one and I would say that is the Ark inside the crate.

The interesting thing is the number on the crate side has been registered as a domain name 9906573.com and which links to 52208 which points to The Ark's wikipedia page. The domain was registered yesterday and owned by 22digital.com

Lastly, Karen Allen looks smashing.

23. cbagmjg

cbagmjg Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2006
    If returning the Arc to its proper place is really the plot of this movie, then would Jericho be the so called "City of the Gods"?

Also the 12 skulls that have been mentioned for finding the exact place for the Arc, could be the 12 stones that were used for marking spectaculor religious events in biblical time. The wikipedia page talks of the stones being placed in a circle in place where each of the 12 tribes stood with Joshua.

24. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    July 27, 2007 Video: Indiana Jones Comic Con Preview

Director Steven Spielberg shared this behind-the-scenes video with the audience at this year's Comic Con International during the Lucasfilm presenatation on Friday, July 27. Get a glimpse of the production now underway, with clips from the shoot in Connecticut and Hawaii and new glimpse of Harrison Ford, Shia LaBeouf, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas on the set of the next Indiana Jones adventure.

Just added, the video from the Indy 4 set announcing Karen Allen's role in the film.

July 27, 2007 Video: Spielberg, Indy Cast At Comic

During Paramount Pictures' Comic-Con presentation on Thursday, July 26, Comic-Con guests got a special surprise - a video greeting from Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Shai LaBeouf and newly announced "Indiana Jones" star Karen Allen, who were on the set of the upcoming "Indiana Jones" movie. If you weren't able to attend Comic-Con, not to worry... IndianaJones.com is pleased to present this fun, candid greeting!

25. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Is the audio not working for anyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.