Indianapolis Celebration

Discussion in 'Detroit, MI' started by royalguard96, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi Detroiters! Just wondering if anyone here has made plans to attend the Star Wars Celebration II in Indianapolis, scheduled for May 3-5. I have my pass, and I should find out my hotel accomodations soon.
  2. Jedi_Kettch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Me Me Me! I'm going! i just got my tickets today. They are my christmas and sweet sixteen present. and i get to skip school on my birthday to go see ep II. not a bad birthday!

Anyone else going?
  3. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    This is the first I have heard about this, as my computer has been down and I am a bit out of the loop. Thanks for the heads up RoyalGuard. :)

I will seriously think about going to this, as I have a cousin who lives in Indianapolis, and I could stay with her.

Perhaps if a few Detroit people go, we could arange a meeting spot at the convention, just to put a face to the name? Thoughts? :D
  4. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi jmt! That's the same kind of thing I had in mind. One of the nights, maybe some of us from the area tipping a glass at a local watering hole ;)

As for me, I have a room reserved at the Comfort Inn in downtown Indy. I'm going by myself, just figuring I'll meet enough people at the site to hang out with. Any thoughts, send them my way!
  5. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    Royalguard,
    Ok...sounds a plan. I will work on making the arrangements to go, and if I can, I would definatly be up for a Detroit SW fan glass tip. :D Although, I think we should go somewhere that is not a bar, but that serves glass tipping beverages, so that younger folks like Jedi_Kettch can go (Happy Belated Birthday Kettch ;) ).

Now can you tell me where I can get tickets for this convention? Where can I get some information on where it is to be held? I am sorry to trouble you, but I am clueless as to where to get the info. :p
  6. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    jmt:

I think I put this into a PM to ya, but you can now book your hotel room through the fan club website, as well as order your pass for the celebration. The Comfort Inn has the cheapest rates at $115 a night, and that's where I'll be.

And sure, we can find a place where Kettish can join us :)

Actually, I'd be willing to help organize some kind of get together for us. I'm pretty open to whatever, and we've got 4 months to talk about it, so let the fun begin!
  7. Jedi_Kettch Jedi Knight

star 1
    psst...my birthday is May 22! i did reread that though and it was kinda confusing. Anyway...that would be great to be able to meet up somewhere, especially since i can't make it to the one here.

Yeah, i'll still be 15 when the celebration rolls around, so thanks for thinking about me! I have never been to Indianapolis, so i don't have any suggestions!

I would suggest somewhere not too expensive, maybe like a Ruby tuesday or Chili's where they would also have adult beverages. Remember, we all still have to pay to drive/fly/whatever to get there and buy stuff!
  8. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi All,

I'm going, too. Bought my pass and booked my hotel a while ago. I'm at the Raddison in downtown. And, just like Royal Guard, I'm going on my own with the hopes of finding people to hang out with. I'm really glad we're planning to meet before the Event!

Anyone else planning to enter the costume contest and/or dress up at Celebration? I've got my costume from Ep 1 - Amidala in Battle Dress - and I'm trying to decide which of her many Ep 2 outfits to make. I think I'm going to do something of Leia's (Not the bikini!) from the Original Trilogy, too. Just to be different. There are three days to this thing, after all.

Regards,
    M.
  9. Idgie Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be going to Indianapolis in May.Like some of you,I'll be going alone,but am hoping to find cool SW fans to hang with.
  10. Iwakura Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, it's been a long time since I've been around here, it's gotten a bit more lively, heh. I'm from waaaay up near Saginaw and I will be attending Celebration II. I have a friend who is going with me, he has yet to get his ticket, though. I've got mine and am booked at the Courtyard by Mariott. I can't wait!

p.s. Idgie...I've seen that somewhere before, perhaps at those...."other" message boards. ;) (I'm a.k.a. ayanami.rei)
  11. Idgie Jedi Master

star 4
    Uh oh,my shady reputation precedes me!:)
  12. Jedi_Kettch Jedi Knight

star 1
    I read on somewhere that some groups are making badges to wear on the lanyard so they will recognize other people from their city. I was wondering if anyone else thought this was a good idea? I would be willing to make the tags and either e-mail them to everyone or my friend has a website i could stick them on. Anyone?
  13. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi Kettch!

That sounds like a good idea to me. Maybe after we get organized and decide on a name, we could have people submit ideas for a logo? I've also seen some rumblings about a Force.Net members id, but nothing definite on that.

Regards,
    M.
  14. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there. :)

I'll be bunking with some people I met back in '94 at MediaWest*Con.

We're staying at the Comfort Inn. And that's all I know. I still don't know if I'm going to be flying or driving (a rental since my own car sucks).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.