Oceania Indigenous Australian in RotS Deleted Scene

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by themetresgained, Mar 16, 2013.

1. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    So I was watching the RotS deleted scenes on the DVD today for the first time since the DVD came out (I know, I am a bad person...) and I noticed that one of the Senators who is part of the group that organises to form the precursor to the Rebel Alliance is Fang Zar, played by Indigenous Australian Warren Owens.

The relevant scene starts about 4:45 in.

Lucas was always keen on casting local talent when he made the prequels here - that's how we got people like Temuera Morrison, Jay Laga'aia, Rose Byrne (maybe), Joel Edgerton... I wonder if that trend will continue with Disney's ownership?
  2. Corellian_Outrider Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Manager
    star 5
    Let's not forget Leeanna Walsman (Zam Wesell), Daniel Logan (Boba Fett), Jack Thompson (Cliegg Lars) and quite a few more Aus/NZ actors that appeared in the films...

Regarding the new films, it is possible but that might also depend on where they will make them too. If there are anything connected to the Fett legacy then there should be a chance that Daniel Logan and/or Temuera Morrison be cast as the role... depending on how old the character is. Daniel was pretty good in The Clone Wars and be nice to see him return in the live action setting as him.
  3. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    HOLY CRAP THAT WAS JACK THOMPSON?!
    Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  4. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Yeah!? He was Cliegg Lars!
  5. Corellian_Outrider Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Manager
    star 5
    Bruce Spence was the Prime Minister of Utapau, Tion Medon. Keisha Castle-Hughes played Queen Apailana of Naboo during Padmé's funeral... I know in ANH there was one of the Imperial Officers that was an Aussie... I think it was the one that asked on the Death Star "TK-421, why aren't you at your post?"... I have to look into it.

Now I feel like watching the films again!
  6. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I feel like going to bed....its late and this party isn't starting at all! :p
  7. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I really hope they keep using local talent.

Imagine a bunch of us managing to get extras spots!
  8. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
  9. Corellian_Outrider Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Manager
    star 5
    And I can do several voices and had some experience before...
  10. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    I can act!! Like a fool mostly, but it's an act!!
  11. Corellian_Outrider Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Manager
    star 5
    I'm not sure if they will be willing to film over here in Australia again given the but it is good to be hopeful.