main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Industry NEWS, Self-PROMOTION(website), PLUG, etc.

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by George Mezori SCIFI 3D, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Hey cool, on Attack of the Show on G4 TechTV for the Star Wars 30th anniversary episode at CIV they did a short thing about stormtroopers and used some Scifi3D models, and then they made sure to say that they got the models from Scifi3D. cool.

2. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    hello. After all my time here, I am finally making a fanfilm. It will be a fanfilm trilogy on top of that. I am not putting it too hard as to not be able to complete, but there will be stuff in it I have not done before. I am using premeire, photoshop, icarus, and blender. Blender since there will be some CG characters. I am also using blender for some space scenes, and a battle. The website for updates on the film and whatnot can be found at the false alliance website.Pictures will go up on the site once I get them from the camera onto my laptop. Thanks. As of now, I am not asking for help, as I am sure that I can do all of what I am planning by myself. I may need minimal help for one of the CG characters, but that is it(rigging). Thanks
    Bruce

3. jeditrainee

jeditrainee Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    A friend asked me to post this here.

The CG-Society is running a 3D Star Wars mini
    challenge and it is open to all. The core rule is that
    models have to be done from scratch (no pre-build
    models are allowed). The mini-challenge has no prizes,
    but the meshes being produced in there are amazing.

Here is a description of the challenge taken from the
    site:
    "Sculpt one or more representations of the Star
    Wars characters/ creatures in 1 month and two weeks.
    The idea of this "mini-challenge" is to simulate an
    impossible deadline for a project.
    The artists will have at their discretion how detailed
    the models they will be working on, and the amount of
    models, and if the models will be shaded/ rigged. But
    the model will have to be original film
    interpretation."

The dateline is Monday, July 9th 12:00 PM and anyone
    can join.

Check it out:

(Challenge)

(Main Forum)

4. Archamedes

Archamedes Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2007
    Hi there, I am a big fan of this site, I love the 3d models from star wars, they are amazing. Anyway to the point, I have just made a forum for all video/photo editing fans. It covers most programs from adobe after effects, photoshop, final cut pro, 3d studio max and more. It also has a section for film makers on how to get/make props/costumes/fake blood etc... how to be a great film maker and loads more. So something definatly useful for people who love fan films and like to make their own. It has only just gone online and alough quiet at the moment I need members to get it busy. The main reason for the site is to post up tutorials on programs, post up your work in progress, if you have a problem or need help with a program, post it and generally interact with other people who love film making, 3d modelling and editing.I have put this site on my links page becuase it really is a good site. So if you want to join, network, give advice or tutorials, then check us out at.

http://s7.invisionfree.com/Video_Fx_Universe/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.