main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 still on the cards?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Jan 28, 2013.

1. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013

I feel that this is the best course of action. I think I'd be ok with Ford back as Indy (in a supporting role), and say Chris Pratt as Mutt. But having Pratt, or anyone else, recast as Indy? No thank you.

TK327 likes this.
  2. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I hope Shia isn't in this.

redlightning likes this.
  3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    just saw a story on yahoo with an interview with Spielberg and Tom Hanks where Spielberg is saying he's done 4 movies with Hanks and 4 with Harrison Ford, but that he's doing Indy 5 with Harrison.
    wonder if this is real or what

4. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013

I just went and looked up the interview to watch. The overall response is rather tongue-in-cheek, I suspect, however, it has been quite sometime since there's been any mention of a possible fifth film, so that right there is a small bone thrown to us fans to keep us excited for a bit (or get our hopes up high). I think it was just playful banter, but perhaps it's some banter based on some sort of truth. There were reports of Ford visiting Spielberg at his house sometime after his plane crash earlier this year; of course, that in itself doesn't indicate anything; they're friends after all and it could have simply been a friend-hangout-session.

Nice to dream and imagine though...

TK327 likes this.
  5. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
  6. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I hope there is no child of Indy involved. I'd rather see an Indy recast.

7. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    If this is really a thing we need new villains that aren't Nazis, Russians, or a mystical tribe/cult. Those tropes are far too overused these days.

redlightning likes this.
  8. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    What else is there to use as a villain?

9. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015

I agree. However, Indy does have a kid now, it's canon story-wise so it needs to be dealt with. I could see Ford pulling off the role one more time at most, and i think he should. Ford as Indy one last time would be good i think. Heck, they need to make up for IJatKotCS, it was horrible lol, plus i'd like to see Ford's Indy go out on a good note. After Indy 5 however, it's time to recast the character and move forward with new adventures.

10. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    I agree I'd rather see Ford in one more, but much like the first 3 keep the number of sidekicks to a minimum. For me the big mistake the 4th film made was having 4 people with Indy in the final third, it made it too cluttered with them all vying for story and screen time and in the end no one had any depth and I didn't end up caring for any of them.

They don't have to have his son in the next one, he could be away lecturing in a foreign country, he could be working in another university anywhere in the world, but they shouldn't be hamstrung by Mutt or Marion.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

I guess some sort of secret order/Illuminati organization, but Uncharted 3 already used that one. :p Honestly idk, your probably right.

13. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    This is very exciting.

I think that Indy shouldn't have a son, but be re-casted. I consider Indiana Jones to be a series more like James Bond. The story can always go on, there's always room for more adventures. The James Bond comparison is what convinced Spielberg to direct Raiders. It's Bond without the crazy technology.

Hopefully they start production soon. Harrison is getting old, but more importantly, I want this ASAP. Spielberg and Ford for one last ride sounds great though.

I really love how this project was something that convinced Ford to jump on board for The Force Awakens. He must really enjoy making Indy films.

AndyLGR likes this.
  14. AndyLGR

May 1, 2014
    I like a secret order, but arguably is that what the Thugee cult was? I suppose all kinds of villains have already been used up in many other films so no matter what they pick has already been done somewhere, but ultimately I'd like to see a religious style return of the first 3 films.

15. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
    I think this is really just wishful thinking on our part and the media is just reading too much into it. I really would like to see Ford play Indy again, but I think more than anything Spielberg is just joking around and having fun in this interview. I mean, let's just look at schedules. Ford will begin filming the untitled Blade Runner sequel this upcoming summer. Spielberg is wrapping up The BFG and will start Ready Player One relatively soon. Let's also not forget the plethora of projects Spielberg is attached to as a producer. Toss in the fact that Spielberg likes to toss in "smaller" scale films in between his large projects and we could speculate that his project after Ready Player One will most likely be a small scale drama project, similar to his Bridge of Spies that is currently opening.

I really would like to be surprised and see a new Indy film with Ford, but I just don't see anytime in the foreseeable future that they'd shoot the project. I sure would be glad for a surprise, though!

16. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I want Shia back if they're doing another movie.

17. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

Shia just got arrested for public intoxication in Texas. :p

18. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Just Googled it......wow.

Oh crap! I meant to say I DO NOT WANT HIM IN THE NEW MOVIE.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  19. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

lmao

Davak24 likes this.
  20. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014

What in the world would this film be about, Indy's last adventure before retiring?

The real question we should be asking is Disney going to reboot the EU for Indiana Jones as it did Star Wars? Doing so opens many new possibilities.

21. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I like how out of ALL the bat**** crazy things Shia has done over the years, him getting drunk is what crossed the line for you.

LAJ edit - that word has to be starred out.

22. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    That's not what crossed the line, I made a mistake on my previous post.

23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    http://makingstarwars.net/MakingInd...es-future-with-the-james-bond-casting-method/

RE: the concept of James Bonding the series. I'm really excited to see where they take this franchise. Raiders of the Lost Ark is my third favorite film ever, right behind the original Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, and I'vet always loved The Last Crusade and have grown to love Temple of Doom over the years as well, so more of Indy is fine by me so long as the movies are good.

24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  25. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    Ford will be the only adult Indy

That's all I need to hear!

DEATH TO REBOOTS