Indy 5?

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by Harlock415, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    From Comingsoon.net (with comments):
    LaBeouf Says Next Indiana Jones Moving Forward
    Source: BBC News
    June 16, 2009

In an interview with BBC News, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen star Shia LaBeouf says that it looks like a follow-up to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is moving forward.

"Steven [Spielberg] just said that he cracked the story on it before I left and I think they're gearing that up," LaBeouf said. Last summer's blockbuster was made for about $185 million and earned $786.6 million worldwide. It was the second-highest earner of 2008, behind just The Dark Knight.

LaBeouf also briefly talked about the Wall Street sequel that teams him with director Oliver Stone and Michael Douglas. "'Money Never Sleeps' is, I think, the official title now," he said.

original interview: BBC News

Also reported in SciFiWire

And of course for the most colorful comments there's AintitCoolNews with some editorializing by staff writer, Beaks:

Shia LaBeouf Claims Steven Spielberg Has "Cracked The Story" For INDY 5!
    Beaks here...

Did anyone see this coming?

Going strictly by the worldwide gross ($787 million) of INDY 4, it should come a surprise to no one that, according to Shia LaBeouf (in an interview with the BBC), George Lucas and Steven Spielberg - two guys who love racking up box office records as much as they love making movies - would want to continue with the series. But considering that the last film ended with the whip-cracking archaeologist settling down and getting, *gasp*, married, wouldn't it seem a bit weird to drag him--

Okay, so this was totally a done deal the minute everyone realized the franchise was more popular than it's ever been. Yes, it may have been received poorly by some fans and critics, but money is money, and INDY 4 made a (edited for language) pile of it. The question before us now is "Who's the lead: Indy or Mutt?" And if the answer is the latter, then I think it's fair to start wondering "Who's going to direct?", since I'm having a hard time seeing Spielberg return for what would essentially be a spinoff. I could be wrong (and that's not meant as any disrespect to Shia, who's a fine actor in my opinion), but that's the way it always felt like it would play out before we saw INDY 4. And now that we've seen INDY 4, I have a hard time believing Spielberg has a shred of interest in directing this kind of film anymore.

But I guess I could see him coming back for INDY 5 if his old pal Harrison was eager to take the lead one more time.

Frankly, I hope he pushes forward with INTERSTELLAR, the Kip Thorne-inspired, Jonathan Nolan-scripted science-fiction film which has been the most promising project on his plate for the last several years.

2. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    they better have Sallah in this one
  3. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think we could come up with a heck of a list of better haves
    ...and better not haves...[face_skull][face_monkey]]-}:mad:
  4. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    lol nice use of the emoticons Rob...

Ugh... just cos it made money doesn't mean it was good. [face_skull][face_monkey]]-} are things that just don't make any sense... lol
  5. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not together anyway. Too bad no refrigerator or prairie dog emoticon.
  6. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I was originally gonna write this:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..."

:_|
  7. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not as effective when you don't wave the visual of the arms outstretched and the camera angle from above. [face_laugh]
  8. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    From AintitCoolNews:

Frank Marshall Updates On INDY 5! The Script Is "Progressing"!
    Beaks here...

Following up on Shia LaBeouf's tease from earlier this week, producer Frank Marshall has confirmed to Empire that INDY 5 is in development. According to Marshall, "We had a great time making the last one and, as Harrison said, we need to make this one soon. We're not getting any younger."

So, yes, Harrison, Steven and George are all on board for this fifth movie provided they can settle on a script. Marshall says he hasn't heard the "cracked" idea Shia recently spoke of, but he did drop this nugget on Twitter a little bit ago: "The story for Indy5 is progressing. It is still in the research phase."

Though the excuse for making this fifth film is that they all had a blast making the fourth, I hope the true motivating factor is "We're sorry, and we can do better."

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/node/41459

:oops:

9. SWFAN3 Force Ghost

star 1
    Just say no.
    The way is for Lucas to say okay, and stay out of it.
    Progressing? Hopefully, it will take a few years, and it will be dropped.
  10. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Back when Ford was about 40, him getting in fights and beat up was fun. If they go through with this, he'll be pushing 70. Does that constitute as elder abuse?
  11. _Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think that'd be great too ! :D
  12. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    I thought TFII was Indy 5 when they went on the archeological hunt in Egypt?:-B
  13. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    lol Indy 5 would be better with Optimus Prime. It'd be Indiana Jones and The Matrix of Leadership![face_laugh]
  14. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Did you notice that when they went to the Petra Temple for that shard thing, it was also where the Holy Grail was in Last Crusade?
  15. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yup. Noticed that right away. :-B
  16. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    I didn't notice the Holy Grail. All I saw were the old melted Primes [face_beatup]
  17. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    The old Primes choose poorly and then they took the Matrix of Leadership beyond the great seal and that's why the pyramids were destroyed... The end. :D
  18. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    And now a shard of the All Spark is at the Tut exhibit. :)
  19. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32841449/ns/entertainment-celebrities/
    Harrison Ford, 67, says he's already ready for the globe-trotting archaeologist's next adventure, only a year after one of history's most successful film franchises was revived ? and that the next chapter is already well on its way.

"The story for the new 'Indiana Jones' is in the process of taking form," Ford told France's Le Figaro. "Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work. If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again."

Not having a good script didn't stop the last film, unfortunately.
  20. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Orooo... Indiana Jones and The Prune of Regularity...

:_|
  21. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Indiana Jones and the Fight for Medicare.
  22. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Indiana Jones and the Emptying Well of Social Security! :p
  23. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Like you guys aren't going to see it anyway!

[face_laugh]

In other rumor news...

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Sean_Connery_Returning_For_Indy_5_126528.asp
  24. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    lol... I smell so much retconning in the Indy universe... :oops:
  25. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course, it's the Pavlov effect proven. :p

Yeah there were rumors about Connery in the last one too. I say let Sir Sean enjoy his retirement. Let's not turn him into Brett Favre.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.