main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Indy Event at Disneyland too-daay

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mrcottonsparrot, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Hi MK, I think you mentioned something about Indiana Jones. The 10th anniversary official event at DL is under way today even as I type. Nice big haul of loot this afternoon. Coolest thing limited to 250 and sold out lightning-fast today, managed to bag one tho' -- a two-part animated "decoder" collector pin for the Temple runes -- shades of Little Orphan Annie...! Tonight we get probably the same fair-at-best eats (remind me to tell you about the POTC anniversary event in 2000 --which was weird because it wasn't the anniversary year-- where they put hot coffee in the silver urns that had the "fruit punch" ID tags on them...sigh...amongst other problems, not one of the best things DL's ever done...) and then some other cool stuff happens later this evening. Basically it's getting to go back into the park after it closes and do more stuff, whoopee do. I was here for the swag.

Anyway I was going to go to C3 but I've now just been informed that I *must* (sigh) go to New Orleans for a week in April. And I don't have to pay for it. However will I survive?

Did you ever manage to get a hotel close to CC?

Must dash, line is forming for 8:30 mini-stampede...

Caryn B.

2. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    You, um, ARE aware that the 50th Anniversary of DL coincides exactly with the Sunday of CC, yes? I'm praying that CC will empty out Saturday night as rabid D-geeks shift their targets north. I myself wouldn't go near that noise for a million dollars, I mean can you imagine? But then again, 80,000 at CC, 80,000 at DL, hmm, six of one...

Caryn

3. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    no contest. comicon!

4. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    I agree that CC is the better choice. At D-land you don't get to see Spiderman walking around sipping a coffee in his spandex suit. And I do mean "see" That spandex was not imagination friendly. It was all there to see.

Golda

5. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    ewwww....

leave *something* to my imagination... it's SO much better than reality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.