main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Indy Garrison

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK-616, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Yes...that is your take on it

2. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    The entire Garrison idea was created by Albin to help the folks administer things locally and to help build unity and esprit de corps for regions. They were not created so folks could break away on a whim or due to a personality conflict etc. This is not to say that new Garrisons can not be formed, but we want to make sure that it is slow, deliberate, well thought out process.

The folks in Indy have no conflict at all with anyone in the 501st or the MG. Like I've said those guys are great, and they do a fantastic job with all that they do. I believe the MG is over 100 troopers strong right now. With that large number you can't "build unity and spirit". It just a nature of group dynamics. Thats why TK616 talked to Albin about growing, and he argeed

This is a club in which grow-ups wear plastic armor. This isn't a title you put on a resume, or brag to chicks about. I don't think anyone is THAT concerned aobut title, except may be you, TK624.

BTW thanks for making this into a drama.

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    [image=http://www1.theforce.net/icons/publicicons/TFN%20-%20Drama.gif]

4. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    heh heh.....

He said "argeed".

5. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Being one that will at somepoint be availing myself to the 501st, I will point out that Indy currently has one of the, if not THE strongest Fan Force groups in existance.

The sucess of C2 can be largely attributed to the 501st and the Indy Knights. I live and hour+ from Indy so don't go floating the I live too far crap around here. Show of hands how many IK members have made rosd trips to Chitown for Chicago FF dealings and gatherings????? It's not about that.

We have the people, we have the drive. Sounds to me like 624 ought to be out recruiting in the Commonwelth. The entire Star Wars experience is ALL, ENTIRELY, about community, if I have said it once I have said it 1000 times. It's all about getting together with friends and commrades and having a good time. It is NOT about titles or rankings or other such nonsense. If that what it is about for you then I feel for you.

I would give a body part or fluids at the least to most of my IK bretheren. That in itself should speak volumes about what we in the IK stand for and what we are about.

I'll get down off my soap box now hoping I have overly offended anyone( TK624, this was not a personal attack) but laid out what for me is the essence (not the awards)of what being a part of a "local" garrisom would and should be about.

I revert you to your local prgramming......
    hehe, I said revert.....

6. TK1428

TK1428 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    THis thread was just brought to my attention. I am FOR the Indy Garrison. For reasons Incom4 brought forth, Chicago is too far to pick and drive with limited money, a crappy vehichle, and a new job. In Fact, When I joined the 501st,Everthing was mostly in Chicago. That was too far for me to pick up and go, especially that I don't know my way aroung Chicago and didn't know anybody there other than Mike Washko who at the time didn't return any of my emails. I was not about to venture up BY MYSELF to be with PEOPLE I DIDN'T KNOW, and spend money I DIDN't HAVE. In fact I got little response to anything I posted on the boards at all and felt more like an outsider. I Found my New Indy Knights family and felt welcome and like I belonged more than the 501st made me feel. It wasn't until I met some 501st at our Joint Session at the Children's Museum that I realized there were some decent FRIENDLY people in the 501st. If fact, Mike hardly spoke to me at all but Luis and Duffy were like old lifelong chums. Also, Kathy, Bless her heart, helped me with that cool hat pattern. It was not the ATTITUDE I came to know from my tour of duty with the 501st. If you're gonna call yourself the MidWest Garrison, You don't limit yourself to your backyard. With all the "CHARITY" stuff the 501st does, I don't see why you don't want to branch out and help more people instead of squabling about Leadership. Heck, I think I'll declare myself the EMPEROR and crush you all...hahaha.

7. TK604

TK604 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    That's it, I'm telling the teacher!!

Luis

8. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    I have a problem with the no minors allowed rule. To ban any one from the 501st because of age is wrong. My six year old wants to be like his buddy TK-616 so bad that I'm willing to go out and spend $500 on armor for him. I thought it would be great for him to be a part of the 501st. Especially after I met the little girl at C2 and how serious she took her job. Now I am disappointed with this. The IK had to make adjustments to their bylaws to allow minors. It's not hard to give up some things like beer and cussing for the sake of the 501st. In fact even if there wasn't any minors I would think you would like to present the best possible image for your group as much as possible. To disclude minors because they don't want to give things like that up for the sake of having a much bigger membership is sad. With knowing this I will just take my kid and his armor and start our own minors Costuming Fan Club. I am very disappointed that it has come to this. Thank you for your time

Jon Kendrick
    SkylaFett
    A nobody with the IK

9. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    IMHO the Indy Knight proved we can take care of ourselves in most any area we want to get into. If the 501st doesn't want us, I say we say 'Thank you very much & have a nice day' & set up our own section of the Knights (Indy Knights Imperial Garrison, has a nice ring to it, don't you think?). I agree with Ron that this is just for fun. It sounds like SOME of the 501st want to believe they really ARE Imperials. This is a Star Wars club, not the Secret Service guys. Lighten up, huh?

10. DarthAcroyear

DarthAcroyear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    I am still baffled that a Trooper from Kentucky felt the need to create a tempest in the teapot over what I thought was a mostly local matter. In fact, I would think that decorum would dictate that any problems TK624 was having should have been address privately to those directly involved with setting things up at a local level as well as the Midwest Commander and Albin or his representative at 501ST HQ. But maybe I am confussing things with how problems are addressed in the real military, where I served for 8 years, or in business/teaching where I have spent most of my civilian life.I guess I should have been brief and just said the real world.

As far as the 501ST goes, the only people from that organization that have EVER responded to my inquiries for the past month and a half have been local ie, within Indiana if not Indianapolis. I also believe that all are Indy Knights so perhaps there in lies the reason.

To be quite honest, when I was told that there might be a local garrison here in my home state, I was informed that this was no small deal and if and when it happened a LOT of effort and work would be required from all involved, especially by those starting and running the garrison. It was never about bragging rights or who had a title but rather about stepping up and putting in the hard work and long unpaid hour to do a job you will probably never list on your resume because it was something you enjoyed with people you call friends, all having a shared belief or goal. I also though this was true about the rest of the 501ST but I will leave it to TK624 to correct me if I am wrong. I have no doubt the she would and should know far more about the 501ST then I as she is a member in good standing where as I, with the exception of locals, cannot even get a responce from someone in the 501ST.

With or without a group, local or not, I am still working on my Imperial Officer and pilot uniform. I also am planning in having my Stormtrooper armor by years end. I am a 34 year old father of three sons who can have just as much, no correct that,more fun running around in the field next door playing Star Wars with my children with all of us in costume (and poor old Dad sweating to death)then in walking around a con somewhere telling people to "Move along" or "I need to see some identifacation".I do not need a group to make me feel wanted or special. My wife and sons do that quite well all on their own so they are the only group I need. Anything else is just for fun.

11. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    Fellow Indy Knights... we have addressed some of the concerns raised here by other 501st members, and we are dealing with them. Sadly some other members fo the Midwest Garrison heard the news indirectly and it was not recieved well.

For the record, I do not want anyone of the Indy kngihts bad mouthing the 501st or anyone in the midwest garrison. They have been very helpful and friendly. If anyone has not responded to communications I'm sure it was due to a busy schedule and not indifference. TK624 brought some of the communication problems to our attention and we thank her for that. At the sametime she seemed to provoke others. Do not go think her a bad person for her posts, but instead be understanding.

I'm Glad to see that Luis has seen this thread. I know that he is a very smart person and will see that we in no way want to do anything without the concent of the MG. This thread was started with the idea of firming up numbers and getting people together. Sadly an email was lost and the MG (Mike and Luis) got news of these plans from a third party.

The 501st is a great organization and we support them fully. They do fantastic work and we only want to help them. If you have any problem with this group, please PM either myself or TK-616 and we will do our best to address them.

12. TK604

TK604 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    Well said!!

I also want to apologize on our behalf, when things like this come up, intentional or not we become protective.

The Midwest CO - Mike and the Midwest XO - Myself, were not informed becasue of one circumstance or another, bottom line is, we did not get the info. I know I jumped the gun on it, and I want to apologize in this forum.

On the Midwest Garrison boards, in the "private" forum, we vent and talk A LOT of garbage. That is why we keep the forum "private" so prying eyes do not get offended. If anyone wanted the password, they would ask Mike or myslef and they are in. (This is an invitation to Troopers here)

There are a couple things that concern me though:

Who was emailed in the MG that never returned emails? I'd really like to know to avoid this problem in the future. You can always contact me, sometimes it takes a couple days (geez, do I get a lot of email) but I'll get back to you.

tk604@tk604.com

Children cannot be full members of the 501st, but they are more then welcome to attend any event with the 501st with a parent or guardian. Now, I don't agree with the "full member" policy, but there are a lot of things I don't agree with, and just "move along".

Queen Quincy is the young Amidal/Princess Leia of the MG and whenever she comes to an event, it makes things that much better. I consider her and other younger Troopers and Troopettes in the MG family. They are always welcome to join!!

One last important thing here is a quote from Thraken76:

"I'm Glad to see that Luis has seen this thread. I know that he is a very smart person "

Smart? I gues you really don't know me that well...

(he he)

13. Aderagon

Aderagon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2001
    Well, I support the inclusion of a Garrison here. Even though I may not be able to join 501st for a bit, I'd love helping to set up the garrison.

Is there anyone doing the logo for the new one? If not, I'd like to jump on board for that.

14. DarthAcroyear

DarthAcroyear Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    If my comments were perceived as being offenceive I apologize as that was not my intent. I tend to have a VERY dry and somewhat sacastic wit and I find that my written words does not often reveal a change of tone or inflection that would be noted in my speaking voice. It was also rather late when I wrote my post and for what it's worth, it was the end of a very bad day in what has been a very bad week. I hope that did not have an effect but again, whether it did or not, I am sorry.

As to the lack of communication from the 501ST, it was the email address given if you had questions on the site and if needed I will look it up. My other email was sent to the CO of the Midwest Garrison who has an explination for delayed communication on another board. To be quite honest, I had asumed that with everything going on in the month of May that things were just running behind as people got settled back into the general flow of life after the C2 and the AOTC premire.I cetainly did not take it as something personal.

Now my comment to TK-624. I did find her first post to this board to be from way out in left field and to this day I do not understand why it was not addressed in a more private fashion to those directly involved. It really did come accross to me as if she was trying to start trouble where to my knowledge there wasn't any.However, as I think that my comments and the reasons for them were misunderstood, so too do I give TK-624 the same benefit of the doubt.

15. TK-616

TK-616 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Whoa. Out of control here. Way out of control. Chill out and hold your thoughts. There has been no jumping of the gun or any wrong doings here. Communications and things are still going forward as planned. Others who have no clue of what we are currently doing to make this happen will not put the future of the Indy Garrison in Jeopardy. I have been in touch with a select few, sent correspondence to those whom I must at this point, gathered all the information that it takes to follow 501 rules to form this garrison and will continue to get the right information in place to make this happen. If anyone has a problem with this, let me know. Next week, I will release my plans to take over the Internet. I will release that information to a select few and go through all the right channels. I can't wait for the drama to unfold over that one. I hope that I keep you up at night; worrying that AOL will crash and all will be lost. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!

Wow.

TK-616

16. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Group hug everyone!!!!!!

(hands away from my butt, Incom)

17. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    What TK-616 is saying there, for those than can't read between the lines, is that IHB has the information and will let us know all about it just minutes after the internet has been crashed.

18. Hoot

Hoot Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Straying off topic...

Incom, or somebody else, can you nab me a new sheet of decals for my stormtrooper helmet?

If so, let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.