main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This is why you get it on the PC, so you can fix things like this.

Also so you can be a civilized human being.

blackmyron likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I did a while ago. My local polls are a mile or so down the road, so I walked down and voted. I even have the stub to prove it, as we used paper ballots there.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    People invited themselves over to my place for an election party and now I have to mind them instead of wasting time on the internet. :(

Point Given likes this.
  4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've never been to nor had an election party. What are they like?

5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Either jubilant or depressing. ;)

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'd post that X-Wings AWESOME pic right now but I'm pretty sure Havac would kill me :p

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    These people were very cynical and didn't actually care about the election. Apparently they just used it as an excuse to eat my food and drink my wine. :p

Did go out with some friends to watch the final debate, and the crowd was pretty energetic there. But then there's something to watch--watching returns on a very predictable race just isn't very fun. :p

8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Sounds dull.

I'll stick with that bowl of ice cream I had earlier.

9. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Oops, forgot :p. Or rather, you'd have to drag me to the voting booths.

It's cool though, I enjoy being an unpatriotic scourge of the human race.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Eh, I'll forgive you. I've forgiven my one friend who has never registered.

11. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    My state leans solidly GOP enough in the Presidential election and Democratic enough in everything else that my straight Dem ticket wouldn't have influenced anything. Instead I "elected" to attempt a Republic playthrough as the Saga Domain on S2: Fall of the Samurai with Radious mod enabled. I need to reload a save several turns prior to realm divide, because dear god everybody wants a piece of you when you declare independence. My closest ally just shoved 5 armies down my throat and the Imperial Vanguard took time off from pounding the Shogunal Vanguard to torch my ports.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    My county (and district) hasn't voted for a Democrat since 1932 :p

That's right. We didn't vote to reëlect FDR. :p

13. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    So far I've actively resisted registering. Maybe I'll get bored one day...

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Voting is something to do. And you get free stickers when you vote!

I didn't get a free sticker this time, though. :( I got my stub from the paper ballot, instead.

15. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    You didn't get a sticker? I would have demanded my vote back.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    They might've been worried you were planning to stick it to the man.

17. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

I would demand an election system reform if I had to stand in line for 1.5 hours to vote, like some Americas apparently have to, not complain about stickers. :p

18. RebelJoseWales

RebelJoseWales Jedi Master star 3

Sep 10, 2008
    I know we wouldn't have enough electoral votes to make a difference, but this is why I often wish Eastern Washington was a separate state.

19. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Weeeeelllll...I've already written two 8-to-9-page paper drafts this week, I'm about to spend the weekend at a debate tournament, I have a second draft of a paper due on Tuesday, and another paper due a week later. I think I'm gonna need more tea.

I demand people feel sorry for me! GIVE ME SYMPATHY OR DIE!

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I have to write a 30 page draft, a 35 page draft, had to read approx. 300ish pages of documents Tuesday night for an hour long presentation Wednesday, had to grade papers and do 4.5 hrs of meetings this week, and a 3 hr assessment plus 3 associated essays (and had a 2hr exam on Sat).

CaptainPeabody likes this.
  21. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    See? I feel better already.

I salute you, good sir. Godspeed.

22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

First Part is up and utterly fracking glorious :D

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh. Totes forgot about that. I should probably watch it. :p

This is what happens when you have work. You forget about the awesome things.

24. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I've actually been meaning to watch Battlestar Galactica. Is this a new series or something?

For the fans: should I bother watching the original series, or just go straight to the re imagining?

25. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Blood and Chrome was originally the second Spin-Off series for the reimaged series, planned as a sequel series during the Cylon war. Sci-Fi apparently didn’t want to buy it though, after Caprica (another Pre Series with a somewhat stupid concept) pretty much tanked. So apparently we now get the pilot as web show before they do show it on Sci-Fi channel sometime in 2013. If it does well they might actually really go for a full show, though I doubt it as Sci-Fi shows these days are apparently not allowed to be about space. [face_plain]

Not really necessary but it is fun in its own way, well at least until the god awful 1980 series. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.