main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Good to hear. Seeing it at 9 PM

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand done with finals! [face_dancing]

3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations.

4. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Congrats RC! Can I interest anyone with a pillow fight? :)

*tries to brain Red.Two with her blue pillow*

5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I didn't go see the Hobbit, despite being a LOTR obsessive, because it was my anniversary.

And we went to Disney. I got to go on Star Tours for the first time and got ACKBAR TWICE GOING TWO TIMES IN A ROW.

I would've gone for an Ackbar Hat Trick, but I was too afraid of finally getting Jar-Jar.

But I was impressed that list of planetary destinations was 80% EU.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Though if you had corrected them it would have been inexpressibly great.

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    All right, I have to ask...

What's up with the avatars of butts?

8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    You like? It's something that got started in the X-wing fan club. What better way to honor your favorite pilot?

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Hobbit was good, but it really felt like the Expanded Edition instead of a Theatrical version. I'm actually pretty sure that is why it is now three movies- Jackson broke it into two, and filmed material for expanded edition DVDs like the LotR trilogy, but there was enough expanded material that he and the studio said that if they added it in, they could break up the story into three movies instead and include all the expanded stuff. A lot of the stuff with Radagast and the Necromancer was really cool, but could have been relegated to an extended DVD.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    In the last 24 h I have: finished finals, watched my favorite movie, arranged a last minute Hobbit trip, and then went straight to NYC for an adventure (without sleeping until the bus).

Met up with @PointGiven for a bit, then had the best Mac & cheese of my life. Now we're in the oldest bar in NYC -- McKinley and TR went here. Crazy history. No intention of drinking since getting smashed isn't for me -- but man, what a place. Our friend knows the owners.

Point Given , Zeta1127, JackG and 3 others like this.
  11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'd guess I'd better find an image of Ooryl's butt...

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The technical term is abdomen, geez. :p

Misa ab iPhono meo.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Actually, it would be the terminal abdominal segment, the terminalia, which contains the anus and genitalia.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You're a terminal abdominal segment.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hm, not familiar with that bar. Then again, i only ever go to places in the Village, plus theres tons of Mc-whatever places.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    McSorley is the name. Apparently opened in the 1840s. They had an article from 1913 that described this place as a relic from the past. Crazy stuff.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You should check out White Horse Tavern. That's a great place to chill, and it's also really old. It's not Irish, but it's very unique.

18. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    The only good places I know are in Brooklyn. I'm trendy, you see.

19. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I've only been to New York once, years ago. Cool place. Don't know that I'd want to live there, though- too loud, too crowded.

20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Eh, you get used to it.

And Coop, if you were really trendy you'd say the only good places in New York are in New Jersey. :p

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Only have a single night here alas. We have another place to go to and then were done for the night.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

22. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Finally got back to my apartment after a great night out, in which I met up with GrandAdmiralJello. The Hobbit was much better than I had expected, not perfect, but it I was very pleased.

23. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    Or in Staten Isla-

*snort* I couldn't keep a straight face.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I just learned another interesting factoid about Solestheim. It was part of Skyrim in the Fourth Era but given to the Elves by the High King as a refuge after the Red Year. Huh. I didn't think that the Dunmer and Nords were on good terms like that.

--Adm. Nick

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Urgh. As a Septim loyalist, the notion of a fourth era offends me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.