main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RampaniLives

RampaniLives Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2012
    Oh dear me, I seem to have returned in the midst of a Skyrim discussion. Oh bother.

TrakNar likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeeep. 'tis exactly what it was. Unfortunately, I don't think most people recognized what it was, so I thought I'd change it to something more iconically imperial (and punny).

And yep, that was indeed the southwest front of the palace that faces the circus. I once stood atop that portion, looking down upon the circus, and declared myself the Roman emperor. I also did the same thing from the door of the Senate House, just to be absolutely certain.

3. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm sorry, all the rest of your comment pales beside your saying 'yeeep'. I don't hear that as 'yep'. Just 'yeep'.:p

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  5. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Well, at least this time you're drawing out a vowel that does sound the same when doubled.:p

6. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    If it makes you feel better, imagine the reduplication as a macron.

7. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    So, it looks like I definitely have A's in my Mesoamerican Archaeology and Historical Archaeology classes.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've got an A and a B so far. The B was in my hardest course this semester (Physics: Electricity and Light), so that's a pretty good sign for my remaining grades. Helps that I was one of three people who always showed up for physics class.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Congrats. This means that my only non-A should be in Living and Dying in Medieval Europe, since the other two grades that I am waiting for are Latin 101 ( :p ) and Colonization of Latin America.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Let's see, I'm waiting on Creativity and Innovation, Introduction to Celtic Music, and Race and the Internet. Should be As or Bs. All in all, a good semester.

And Iello's gonna throw a fit if you get anything less than an A in Latin 101. :p I mean, I got As in intro to Latin in middle school. And that teacher basically taught as if he were a college professor.

11. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    The lowest test grade that I received in that class was a 98, so I would also throw a fit if I somehow ended up with a B :p

12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Double post: 3.8 for the semester! [face_dancing]

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    yeah I think as long as the Latin exam stays away from gender and number of nouns ( :p ) you'll be fine...

But yeah, congrats though. That's a pretty decent semester you've had there. Now you can reward yourself by being irresponsible. *looks at steam* Ah, so you've already started. :p

(I won't get my grades for a long time yet, I'm afraid)

14. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah I *might* have already plugged away about 18 hours on CKII this break :p one more county and I can declare myself King of Ireland! Then, I shall become Emperor of Britannia!

ALL HAIL THE HOLY BRITANNIAN EMPIRE!

[​IMG]

Ulicus likes this.
  15. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations.

16. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    And now I have become the King of Ireland, and control enough territory in southern Italy (via a crusade against some Sultanate) that I can now effectively create the Kingdom of Sicily as well.

Downside: I reverted to gavelkind succession. GAVELKIND. ARRRRGGGGH.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Sigh. Bad news for Jello today. :(

on the bright side, I'll be spending the Mayan Apocalypse on top of a volcano so I shouldn't have too long to be sad about it.

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [​IMG]

19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Nice hotlinking. :p

20. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, it's the worst. So bad I only create the Empire when my ruler is young enough that there's little chance of him dying before he can alter the succession.

What's annoying is that gavelkind shouldn't be as bad as it is. We should be able to choose which bits go to which heir (though it'd still have to be a relatively equal partition) as well as which heir we continue on as. Though Elective Succession still rules all. ^:)^

In other news....

[​IMG]

Scotland.

RC-1991 likes this.
  21. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    ICH EIN UN BERLINER

KRANKENWAGEN

22. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Ich bin ein Berliner.

TrakNar likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Mein dudelsack!!

Misa ab iPhono meo.

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It worked in the preview!

25. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Ulicus - My plan is to create the crown of Sicily then give it to my heir, so if my king dies and I get screwed by Gavelkind, I can just rebuild the Roman Empire then return triumphant to Hibernia.

It's great when the Pope throws an easy crusade and no one else shows up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.