main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    It's pretty much meant purely to humiliate them. You can try to use that to aggravate a vassal to the point of revolt, if you want to revoke their title but don't want to incur a tyranny penalty.

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Bah, you kids and your historical turn-based games...

Just finished replaying Metro 2033 in anticipation of new game. Managed to stumble into the 'good' ending for the first time!

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    GrandAdmiralJello

While you are digging up Italian wines, try to find a bottle of Avignonesi Vino Nobile di Montepulciano. Absolutely stunning wine. From Tuscany, priced about $35 per bottle, well ranked and regarded.

--Adm. Nick

4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Speaking of History and Turn-based, I can't wait for Brave New World expansion to come out.

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll look out for it. It's a bit steeper than what I usually go for though. What can you tell me about it?

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    They're tempting me hard to eventually pick up Civ 5, but probably not until the 'for reals' complete edition.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ....somehow I managed a full A in a class despite not answering an ENTIRE question (out of nine, equally weighted) because I didn't remember the case at all. Turns out later that I *did* know the case, but only after I said it's name out loud... didn't recognize it spelled out, hah.

but yeah that's really amazing. I was expecting to bomb. I must've hit a home run on the rest of it.

8. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Steam, why does everything have to use bloody Steam nowadays?

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Because Steam is awesome?

11. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Lets just say I don't consider Steam owning a game, having to launch Steam every time for most games isn't my idea of ownership, which must make me old fashioned. The only experience I have with Steam is THQ changing my non-Steam version of Supreme Commander Gold to the Steam version just to continue multiplayer support.

12. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I take it you're not big on E-books or digital comics? :p

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You don't own a game, you own a license to play it. Steam changes nothing in that regard; it just removes the erroneous notion that you have the legal right to distribute content that does not belong to you willy nilly.

Have you ever read through a game EULA?

14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    You can still easily get a boxed copy of Rome II if you want to, they even have a pretty fancy Collectors Edition. :)

15. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I haven't been able to play CKII that much lately, I bought two months of TOR and I have to make sure that money is not wasted.

Re: My graveyard job, here's some of the area that I'm responsible of. I have hundreds of people under me.

[​IMG]

Yes, this is where I rake the fields of the dead.
    [​IMG]

16. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    And with the conclusion of my Latin American Governments exam, my semester is officially over. Time to break out the zoochberry juice and dianoga muffins.

17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Steam is awesome example #1: Buy PS3 copy of Portal 2. Use included code to download PC copy of game. Trade PS3 copy in to store. Keep PC copy forever.

Steam is awesome example #2: Buy new computer. Install Steam. Press a couple buttons and re-load your entire game library on new computer without batting an eyelash.

Steam is awesome example #3: Blowout sales.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    What's in the CE?

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Please, please, please -- when you apply for you next job, use that to sell yourself. It's brilliant.

"What about Lugija?"
    "Has he got any management experience?"
    "Well, it says here he had hundreds of people beneath him in his last job. So I guess he must?"
    "Excellent! Hire him at once!"

Lugija and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I totally pictured some creepy castle organ music accompanying this statement and image. [face_laugh]

21. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    If you didn't, there's something seriously wrong with the part of your brain that handles the imagination :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh, so I own the copy of the game I paid for? I don't bother reading game EULA, I simply play the game I paid for, which I am entitled to do.

23. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    You own the right to play that particular copy, but you don't own it in the sense that you own, say, something you created yourself. You couldn't sell duplicates of it, or charge your friends to rent it from you. Likewise, buying a DVD doesn't mean you can sell tickets to people to come watch it in your living room.

24. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    The semester is finally over, and I managed not to have a breakdown this time! [face_dancing]

Now to wait for a few more days dreading about what my grades are and then spending all summer thinking about where I will be applying to graduate school...[face_nail_biting]

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Congrats!:)

Although I'm not gonna lie -- applying to grad school was one of the most arduous experiences of my life. I don't know if it was like this for other people, but I didn't really care where I went when I applied to undergrad. When you're going through high school to undergrad it's like you're just part of a machine. Undergrad to grad school is a whole different story... the school matters, the faculty matters, etc etc. And there's that constant feeling of "YOU ARE NOW MAKING ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DECISIONS IN YOUR LIFE. DON'T SCREW UP. OR ELSE." I hate that feeling.

The_Forgotten_Jedi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.