Lit INDY IS PRATT!? - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    The ones that began after the series got axed and led up to the Romulan War were quite good. Been ages since I read 'em though. I'm looking forward to the upcoming The Fall series.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Not actually true. It's just sustained a flesh wound. Part of it is still active; the part that says states don't have to recognize gay marriages performed in other states.

Still a ways to go.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.
  3. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    It's a house of cards now--if they went this far this time, what are they going to do when it comes to them again in a couple years?
  4. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    You mean the reboot books? I have the two Romulan war books, which were pretty good, far better than the series was. Didn't know there was another one coming out.
    Any word on a third Department of Temporal Investigations book?

I wish I had money to buy more of these books. I hate being tapped out, especially with Warhammer 40K Apoc being released in a little over a week :(
  5. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Actually, considering how much time I've spent making faces for NPCs in the Dragon Age toolset (much more time than I've actually ever spent playing the game), I probably shouldn't judge. :p
    The Loyal Imperial likes this.
  6. Skywalker8921 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Pretty pleased to hear that, although Scorpia Rising was the last spy adventure for Alex Rider, Anthony Horowitz has kept his word to write the long rumored novel centering around Yassen Gregorovich. Titled Russian Roulette: The Story of An Assassin, it will focus on Yassen's early life and reportedly lead up to the beginning of Stormbreaker. I wouldn't be surprised if this book does better than the main Alex Rider works. After all, the hints dropped in Stormbreaker, Eagle Strike, Scorpia, and Snakehead about Yassen's life have been darn intriguing, especially the tidbit that John Rider trained Yassen while he was working undercover within Scorpia.
    Last edited by Skywalker8921, Jun 27, 2013
  7. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    So, for all of you Malazan readers, I am about halfway through Dust of Dreams.

I love that there is an entire warrior cult that worships Coltaine, and it hails from Seven Cities. It's just so awesome.
    instantdeath likes this.
  8. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    You actually missed a brief Malazan conversation the other day. The long and short of it: Anomander Rake prequel trilogy. F*** yeah.
  9. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Rereading Dark Empire II, and I'm once again struck by just how damn unnecessary this story is. It's not terrible- though its definitely of lesser quality than the first volume- but I can't help but feel it makes Palpatine into something of a joke, when he was actually quite threatening in the first volume.

That said, Palpatine being able to bestow Force sensitivity onto any of his subjects does raise some interesting implications. Not that I particularly like shoving midi-chlorians into everything, but to me it does suggest that Palpatine has mastered midi-chlorian manipulation on a level that even Plagueis didn't dream of.

I know this is the place where we don't talk about Star Wars, but this observation wasn't worth a thread :cool:
    Last edited by instantdeath, Jun 27, 2013
    Ulicus and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6

This isn't the JCC. You shan't be tarred and feathered. This time.
  11. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Pretty sure I've talked about Star Wars in here before.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Admitting your crime was your first mistake!
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I'll prepare for my Lit-forum style high-class intellectual flogging.

You can even flog me in Latin and I'll have no idea what the hell you're saying.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
  15. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
  16. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    But devoting a thread to every random thought that pops into one's head is the new thing, didn't you know? :p
    instantdeath likes this.
  17. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4

The Kharkanas Trilogy, right?

I always read Rake's lines in a James Earl Jones voice, and Silchas Ruin's as Benedict Cumberbatch.
  18. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    Also posted info on Assail too.
  19. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh sweet! Where was this convo?
  20. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    I could see James Earl Jones fitting Rake quite well. Personally, I "hear" him with a bit of a softer voice; elegantly and softly spoken, in stark contrast to his appearance. I'm kind of curious how the audiobook portrays him.

Anyway, it's two pages back, here's the relevant post.

21. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
  22. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Always a dangerous game to name your kid or pet after a fictional character in a series that's still being written.

Ain't that right, @CooperTFN?
    Gorefiend, ma_petite and Point Given like this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    krtmd and Gorefiend like this.
  24. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6

:_|
    Barriss_Coffee and Point Given like this.
  25. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    I do hope Erikson gets around to writing his Malazan Encyclopedia, or whatever it's going to be called. I really want more information on the First Empire, as well as a good chronology of the Malazan Empire.

Also, that blurb sounds fantastic.