Lit INDY IS PRATT!? - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

1. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
  2. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Enemy Unknown is all kinds of fun :)
  3. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    I guess I haven't given it a real chance yet. The tutorial was boring. :p

Also, here's a sign of the times if anything: I have a post on my fb newsfeed that consists of a pile of Hungarian, and the only thing I can make out are the words "X-men Wolverine."
  4. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Warning from your future self to not watch it our it will cause you to suffer a stroke and only be able to communicate in Hungarian? [face_thinking]
  5. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm pretty sure it'll be the SE, but surprisingly, the description doesn't specify.

eta. Actually, the description includes the years 1983/1997 - so I bet the SE.

It's a great line-up. They're showing Raiders in August. http://www.afi.com/silver/films/2013/p62/greatfilmsofthe80s.aspx
    Last edited by krtmd, Jul 13, 2013
  6. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Oof. That's rough. On one hand, it's got Imperial Center, which is awesome. On the other hand, they got rid of Yub Nub. And really -- how can you have ROTJ without Yub Nub?
    MercenaryAce and jSarek like this.
  7. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I'll always prefer the OOT, but of all the changes Lucas made, ROTJ pains me the least TBH. I suppose it's because it's my least favorite of the OT films.

eta. Also, it's Harrison Ford's birthday, so why not celebrate by seeing his worst performance in a SW film. :p well, to date anyway
    Last edited by krtmd, Jul 13, 2013
  8. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5

9. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    @Gorefiend - oh, I've had the pleasure. I refuse to call the holiday special a SW film, as *fantastic* as it is.;)
  10. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Agreed. The Holiday Special isn't a film. It's an experience.
  11. blackmyron Chosen One

star 5
    I don't recommend watching it without using Rifftrax(tm), as your brain might melt.

Or, you can do what I did, which was be six years old. In the pre-Internet, pre-DVD era, you took what you could get. (And, in all fairness to the Holiday Special, shows like that were pretty common at the time. Did I mention that the 70s were awful?)
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
  13. darklordoftech Chosen One

star 6
    Remember the days when nobody cared what was and wasn't canon?
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Jul 13, 2013
  14. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Nope. As early as the Marvel comics, fans were sending in angry letters ripping one of the issues apart for contradicting Splinter of the Mind's Eye :p
  15. darklordoftech Chosen One

star 6
    Really?
  16. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, some people had a problem that in the Marvel comics, Leia knew how to swim and Luke didn't, where in SOTME it was the other way around. Kinda funny that once upon a time that was the biggest canon issue...
  17. tjace Force Ghost

star 4
    Why on earth would Luke know how to swim? For that matter, why wouldn't Leia? This does not encourage me to read that book.
  18. blackmyron Chosen One

star 5
    I stopped reading the Marvel series because of the infamous "Lando falling to the surface of Bespin".

[morbo]GAS GIANTS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY![/morbo]

Also, I refused to read the Han and Lando books because I far as I could tell, they weren't really part of Star Wars universe.
  19. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Your canon is a sad canon if it's berift of drugged-Lando-tied-to-a-cactus-singing-about-bantha-bees.

In fact, I shall sing you the song right now. You are not a true fan until you hear this wonderful little ditty.

The bantha is a shaggy beast, although it has no hair...
    Its feathers are unique, at least, because they aren't there....
    Hee, bee, bee, bee, bee!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm going to refrain from posting the rest. You can um.... read the book or something.
  20. jSarek VIP

VIP
    star 4
    Somehow, I remembered that scene and his frostbitten feet that needed to be dunked into a mini-bacta tank, but forgot that majestic song.
  21. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    How Star Wars is thriving in print and Crucible go together is beyond my ability to comprehend.
    AdmiralWesJanson and CooperTFN like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7

Holy ****. That was a real excerpt? :eek:
  23. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Royal baby to be born any second now.

Really hope it's not an inconvenient moment like when I'm out tomorrow, or when I'm asleep.

edit: @krtmd did you see folks in costume? The X-wing pilot is a friend of mine.
    Last edited by GrandAdmiralJello, Jul 13, 2013
  24. blackmyron Chosen One

star 5
    Oh, no, I've read the Lando series. I own the Lando series in the compilation paperback. When I was kid is when I didn't acknowledge them. Which is a shame, since Han Solo and the Lost Legacy is the introduction to my favoritest place in the Star Wars universe.
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Why Jello, I had no idea you were interested in celebrity babies :p
    jSarek likes this.