main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    omg watching now

EDIT: finished. i am so excited for this game you don't even know

Gorefiend likes this.
  2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    I so hope they add some kind of Pirate Loot Auction system just for the fun of it. :D

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And now I can add to my "movies everyone has seen already" list by saying I just saw Super 8 today :p

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Oh that movie that was good for something like the first half and then a Alien jumps out of a bush and everyone just starts shooting and shouting at random like in a normal JJA movie? [face_plain]

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes basically -- it was looking like a good coming-of-age film about filmmaking and the like, and then the smoke monster from LOST decided to show up :p

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I saw Super 8 in theaters. Literally all I remember about it was rolling my eyes at the ending. I'm sure I liked the rest enough.

7. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I thought the first Transformers was good, in spite of Shia Lebouf and friends. Mainly because of the sequence with the military vs the decepticons near the beginning, if that was a short film by itself I would watch it every day.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Super 8 was OK, nothing spectacular.

I streamed it through Netflix and didn't pay anything for it beyond that membership; I'm glad I didn't pay $10-15 for a theater ticket.

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Super8 was all right. Interestingly, both plotlines- the kids relationship and the alien, both would have resolved perfectly well without the other plot.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    RC-1991 and anyone else who likes Disney music, have you seen this?

Most underappreciated Disney songs

Baby Mine is one of the songs I used to sing to my oldest when he was a baby and had colic. I doubt I sounded as good as Dumbo's mom.

Les Poissons is just hilarious.

I like I've Got a Dream as well.

But The Mob Song? Really?

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Most of the villain songs are really good. Am I the only one who thinks that Poor Unfortunate Souls is a very messed up song?
    I also love Why Should I/We Worry?

12. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    One of the best villain songs but still shadowed by the glorious Gaston of the same movie. Through the mist, through the woods, through the darkness and the shadows, it's a nightmare but it's one exciting ride...

Gamiel and Force Smuggler like this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Heck yeah!

14. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    That list is... odd. I mean, there are song on there that I'm pretty sure are well known and loved, the Bear Necessities being #1a. Of course, the fact that The Jungle Book was my first ever Disney movie (aside from Pinocchio, which scarred my childhood quite badly, that movie is horrifying) and is thus my all time favorite Disney movie might have something to do with that...

Why Should I Worry is pretty great, though, and mostly forgotten because Oliver and Company comes from Disney's "dark age," i.e, after Jungle Book and before The Little Mermaid. Feed the Birds has always made me tear up a bit, it's a bittersweet song that shows off Julie Andrews' voice very well. You Can Fly isn't bad, it actually works more out of the movie, since one tends to distract from the other. Putting anything from Hercules on there is a bit of a joke, that movie was really, really badly scored; the song itself might be okay, but the score is one of the reasons that movie simply cannot be taken seriously. Everybody Wants To Be A Cat is decent enough if you like a more jazzy style. The Mob Song... eh, not feeling it. Kuzco's theme from The Emperor's New Groove is great, though, I need to watch that movie again.

Can't comment on the rest, since those movies I've either never seen, or only watched once a long time ago.

15. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Well a tape deck could definetly make a decent weapon.
    Especially if you had some vanilla ice cassette tapes

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

Not at all.

Be Prepared is pretty damn creepy as well.

17. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    be prepared is amazing. the lyrics are so clever.

my fave Disney song ever tho is "hellfire". <3 hunchback

Gorefiend and CooperTFN like this.
  18. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I also have always been a fan of "Be Prepared".

"Everybody wants to be a cat" is such a trippy part of the movie. It is on one of the Disney Sing-a-longs that the kiddlets have and I couldn't stop laughing the first time I watched it. I'm sure it doesn't help that my nephew was standing and shouting the words over and over either...

19. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Oh man, I don't think that I've seen the Aristocats in years. I only realized about a month ago that two of the dogs are named after Napoleon Bonaparte and the Marquis de Lafayette.

s65horsey likes this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The best thing ever just happened in Rome II -- the Epirotes were blockading one of my ports with a fleet led by an admiral named Davos (!!) but then the ****ing Spartans came to my rescue and kicked his ass [face_laugh]

21. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    My "underappreciated Disney songs" list begins with Prince Ali and ends with Be Prepared. To what extent they're actually appreciated I have no idea, but I'm convinced it isn't enough.

And After Today and On the Open Road from Goofy Movie are way better than Stand Out.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Uh, Be Prepared is pretty well-appreciated, I can tell you :p

HWK-290 likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Best Disney Villain song in the minds of...everyone I know, anyway.

24. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Wait, wait wait...

Rome II is out?!? How the hell did I miss that one.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't know, dude, we'd been talking about it in here for days. You could tell because we were driving trip, Horsey, Coop, et al. mad with it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.