main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

That's the first young Boba I've seen that actually looks like a plausible Jango armor/Boba armor halfway point.

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]
    This is also rather epic, apparently some kind of mentor figure that was intended for the game.

Ulicus and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm rather fond of this piece of concept work, too. Particularly the helmet design.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Is it just me, or does Boba look like he is fighting Bando Gora here?
    [​IMG]

5. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    They look more like off-Tuskens to me.

6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Probably meant to be a Cthon.

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    In some ways this may not belong here, but in others it probably does, not least as, while there's a fair amount of friendly jousting and taking the mick here, when things get serious Lit tends to be very supportive so.....

Not a good evening. Parents dropped by with bad news about my uncle - cancer due to asbestos, which, as he worked as a bricklayer, he could have picked up any time in the last 40 years! Doesn't sound at all good, as palliative care is the only option for him. Probably find out more over the next few days in all likelihood, not that it's going to change the big picture.

Feel utterly inadequate in response to this, there's nothing you can say that's up to the situation, there's exceedingly little I can do. All in all? Not a good evening.

Is it better to know than not to know? Yes, but can't deny ignorance sometimes does have a certain seductiveness.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Sorry to hear that, Ben. You're right, there's usually very little one can do in these situations but offer condolences and hope for the best.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sorry. :( I've lost an uncle and an aunt to cancer (brain and pancreas) in the past 15 months. Unfortunately there really isn't much you can do other than be available for them.

Hang in there.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That's awful, Ben! :( Like Anakinsfan said, the best thing to do is just hang in there. Your uncle will appreciate knowing you're there for him, no matter what happens.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hang in there Jedi Ben! We got your back!

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Yep, just hang in there Ben.[:D] I personally always found that just being available to them if they want you to and treating them as if not all that much has changed works for me in such cases.

13. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Fun Fact: the best time to decide to spontaneously pick up Attic Greek is when you're two pages into a twelve page American Foreign Relations paper that's due Thursday. Suddenly, the distinction between diphthongs is fascinating.

jSarek likes this.
  14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Ben, I have few constructive things to say in these situations--just know what we love ya.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    In happier news, some lost ROTJ footage has surfaced: http://mashable.com/2013/10/28/star-wars-laserdisc-footage/

edit: Better, more direct link, is to just go to facebook.com/rotjeditdroid

Of particular interest: the cut line that Kenobi would've told Luke about Vader had Yoda let him. That would've completely changed the reputation he has of being a total liar [face_laugh]

16. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Sorry to hear that Ben. :(

Asbestos has affected so many lives.

17. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm sure the entire thing was staged, given that it's pretty hard to confuse a TV screen for a window (even walking towards it would give away that the optics weren't changing). The fact that it's clearly a TV commercial makes it even more definite.

19. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Oh, I'm fairly sure it was staged, I'm just reacting to the legion of people who are calling it inhumane. I've always found it amusing how quick we are to take offense at something like this... while meanwhile Japan is chasing people down hallways with rubber dinosaurs and calling it a lighthearted prank.

20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hang in there, Ben. We are all here for you. I will keep your family in my prayers. [:D][face_praying]

--Adm. Nick

21. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Yeah but in Japan they also used to test the sharpness of their Swords on the corpses of executed people. [face_plain]

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Sorry to hear about your uncle, Ben. Cancer sucks, but know you have our support, and I'm sure your uncle appreciates any support from you and your family. [:D]

23. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Only time I've ever found Big Bang Theory amusing

I maintain that laugh tracks are among mankind's worst creations.

JackG, AdmiralWesJanson and RC-1991 like this.
  24. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    BBT has a lot more problems than laugh tracks, but I agree. I tolerate it on HIMYM because they don't play to the laughter, it just sort of overlaps.

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I've been reading X-Men comics for seventeen years.

Someone explain to me what the **** this movie is about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.