main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Is he just as creepy?

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Not even close.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well that's no fun then.

Widmore was always my favorite guy in Lost. When I learned that the actor wasn't actually English I was sad.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

4. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    A little too cold for my taste, but if it means our dog stops dragging fleas in the house, then fair enough.

Edit: Heh, we were wearing jackets one July 4th week - because we took a day trip to Grandfather Mountain. Frickin' windy up there. I wouldn't want to be up there or at Mount Mitchell tonight.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I spent July 4th in England one year. It was miserable and rainy. I temporarily suspended my usual Anglophilia to rub the holiday in their faces. My favorite thing: daring one of my friends to yell "The redcoats are coming" during the changing of the guard.

The American tourists loved it. The horse guards were not amused.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was planning to hike to the summit of Mount Mitchell last summer but it didn't happen for various reasons. It's back on the bucket list for this summer. I don't think my skin is thick enough for a winter hike there.

I've hiked Grandfather Mountain a few times but always in the spring or summer.

7. Skywalker8921

Skywalker8921 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 9, 2011
    My parents went up to Mount Mitchell this summer. I wanted to go, but thought I'd better play it safe because I got sick the last time we went back in 2005.

8. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Time to delve into Red Dead Redemption. I'm only like four years late!

Gorefiend and Mia Mesharad like this.
  9. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    It's a great game. If you can, try to avoid spoilers. I had pretty much the entire third act spoiled for me when I was looking up the location of something I don't even remember.

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, I had the sixteen bullets spoiled, but really didn't mind.

Edit: I have to laugh at how blatantly Ubisoft ripped off RDR's economy and hunting system for ACIII.

11. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Obviously the show for Jello to watch is Gilligan's Island. He'll derive endless joy from the Howells.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Already seen pretty much all of it, obvs.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

13. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

You are an evil, evil person :(

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Evil or not, I laughed so damn hard.

[​IMG]

15. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Happy Thanksgiving, American friends.

Happy thursday to the rest of you. :cool:

16. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I will use my 10,000th post on these boards to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving! Over 10 years and 10,000 posts later and I can still honestly say how much I enjoy posting with all of you on these boards. :)

--Adm. Nick

17. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Kudos on the milestone, Nick! I know it's not much from someone so new, but, hey.

And thirds on the Happy Thanksgiving to all of those stateside today. Eat turkey, make awkward small talk, watch televised sports. But most of all, have fun!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    You too bud!

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Happy Thanksgiving, Lit forum Yanks. :)

I'm flipping through various parades on TV.

20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

21. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    What about Americans who actively despise Thanksgiving? :cool:

Happy Thursday it will have to me. Now to be dragged off to meet with my extended family. *shudders*

Don't remind me.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Seems like there was a lot of drama in my family around the holidays when I was growing up but either it's stopped or I don't notice anymore. We don't see each other that often and we pretty much always have a good time when we get together.

I normally go to my Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving but I'm having gall bladder surgery Monday so I'm laying low this year. I'm probably going to watch Christmas movies and shop for Black Friday deals online.

And the first thing I'm asking for when I'm lucid enough to eat again, is pumpkin pie with brandy-infused whipped cream. :D

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I just hit 6000, but I'm only at 5 years. Happy Turkey Day everyone. True to form, a gaggle of turkeys was in my front yard yesterday. [face_chicken]

24. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I am prepared to stuff my self silly, drink questionable amounts of good wine, and fall into a food coma. All in all, a normal Thanksgiving Day!

--Adm. Nick

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well I did stuff myself silly, but I have room for dessert (Boston creme pie). :D And we have cider and a nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon to wash it all down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.