main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

I also have the Flurry but never realized that there is meant to be a Ssi-ruuvi Battle Cruiser along with it. :(

darthscott3457 likes this.
  2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Nick, if you are interested in a few more, I found the small box I held onto:
    2 A-Wings
    2 B-Wings
    2 X-Wings
    Y-wing
    2 Skiprays
    TIe Fighter
    TIE bomber
    TIE Interceptor
    Falcon
    2 Slave 1
    Lady Luck
    Neb-B
    Liberty
    Home One
    2 ISD
    2 SSD
    Shwirr
    T-16
    Escape Pod
    Luke's speeder
    bunch of the mini-figures including Nein Numb, Dev Sibwarra, 2 GA thrawn, and Senator Palpatine

Used to have more, including the Flurry, but they got traded to a friend like a decade ago :(

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  3. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I still have mine. I remember how excited I was about getting the Flurry and finally having a dedicated carrier in the mix. Amazing how they got to make so many EU ships, plus all of the Star Trek and B5 ones.

The action fleet ones were even better, I did break down and purchase the Acclamator and the AT-TE a few years ago. Wish hasbro or someone would give it a go again instead of just making characters.

4. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Hey, anything Nick doesn't want, I'll take. I still have some of my old MMs, including the Guri's Stinger and a special edition chrome Liberty that came with a bunch of other ones (which I lost over the years) in a boxed set.

5. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Is it actually chrome? I remember they made bronze and silver colored paint collectors sets, but there were a handful of actual gold models, IIRC an X-Wing and an ISD.

But yeah, they have been sitting in a closet, so I'm fine with selling or trading them off.

6. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    $125?! *Cough* I knew they were a pretty penny, but I didn't realize they were a three-figure pretty penny. Holy kriff.

I'm glad you're a proud owner. Just don't put it in a box when you're done taking those photos. :p

Reminds me, I still need to take pictures of my custom-framed Vilardi artwork ... maybe when I'm not working 14-hour days. Someday.

I hear you, man, I hear you.

blackmyron likes this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh no, that little MC80b is a beast to fine. For some reason the CoPL set had the smallest numbers -- you can find Stingers, Flurries, and Lady Lucks aplenty... but Mon Remonda and the Hapan Nova-class are practically impossible to find. Same for the Action Fleet E-wing and Defenders. You need $100+ to acquire them.

I've had 3 micromachine SSDs in my life -- I kept losing them. I also had this recurring dream as a kid -- happiest dream ever -- that I'd find this bin of micromachine SSDs of various designs, including Eclipses, Sovereigns, and weird-ass SSDs with multiple bridge towers. I always woke up thinking it was real and then realizing with sadness that my SSD paradise was not to be.

8. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

I think the Emperor knows your pain. ;)

9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The Asskicking of the Christ.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I used to be curiously artistic, and was fond of carving rubber erasers into EU ships. I still have some of them -- my favorite being the TIE Advanced (Avenger).

11. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    There were two sets of those MM novel packs- the first, relatively common wave was Heir to the Empire with a Skipray, ISD, and Lady Luck, Jedi Search with the Sun Crusher, TIE Interceptor, and a Z-95, and Truce at Bakura with the Shwirr, TIE Fighter, and the Flurry.
    Then there was a second, much rarer wave with Dark force Rising with Coral Vanda, Scimitar Assault Bomber, and an X-Wing. Courtship of Princess Leia had the Mon Remonda, a Nova class cruiser, and an ATST. Dark Apprentice is a B-Wing/E, Tafanda Bay, and a Probe Droid.

Right now on E-Bay, a set of all six in box is going for 300 bid, and someone has the second wave for BiN at $400 a piece.

12. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I might be interested! I will shoot you a PM.

--Adm. Nick

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hey, Gorefiend -- are you responsible for this? This is totally your house, right?

[​IMG]

14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Never enough snow here for anything like that :(

15. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    For those who don't want to pay for micro-machines or the action fleet ships, the The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection ships are pretty nice as well, and still reasonable in price.

Don't why the pic will not rotate properly though
    [​IMG]

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  16. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I picked up the Home One, Liberty, and Medical Frigate ones. I love the later two, but the Home One model I got was poorly painted and not even a good likeness. At least the Liberty and Redemption look good.

--Adm. Nick

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    the 501st Nordic Division helped collecting money for the Philippines and it was mentioned by the Philippine news

18. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah I have the Home One as well, and I concur on that. It was a nice series, I liked that they made the Recusant-class, though I don't think there were any EU ships and for some reason no one wants to make the Acclamator for anything.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    ...wait. What are these and how have I never heard of them?? These are different from the Titanium die casts right?

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You just to need to live in the right part!

21. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007

Yes they are, and are a little bit bigger than the Titanium series. Pretty nicely detailed and they come with a nice little book. They have unfortunately stopped making them to my knowledge.

Here is the list of the them, and for example one of my favorites like the Executor can be gotten for a reasonable price here. Far better than the ugly Titanium series version of the Executor.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmmm... sorely tempted to get the SSD, but from the looks of the pic, the bridge looks rather... off? Kinda lumpy? Or is it just a bad picture? Do you have that one? How would you say it looks?

I agree that the Titanium series SSD is awful. The starship battles one -- being huge -- is pretty good, although of course the dimensions are off (esp. the fantail). This one seems to have nice dimensions, though I am not sure if it looks nice.

23. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Ergh, the Titanium series. So many cool concepts, such wasted potential. I loved seeing some of the EU ship designs get used, classic stuff like the Mist Hunter and Punisher One. And some of the sculpts on the larger ships were okay, the Venator-class destroyer and the Invisible Hand were both pretty good. But their obsession with shoving "action" parts made of cheap plastic into the die-cast models was horrible, the paintjobs were inconsistent at best, and the TIE Defender is the biggest tease ever in a toy. I want to find whoever's idea it was to make the wings on the Defender out of plastic instead of die-cast, and making the top wing foldable, and shake them by their shoulders. Violently.

darthscott3457 likes this.
  24. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    so I just saw Frozen. it was almost a good movie but then it fell apart toward the end and I wound up kind of hating it. oh well

25. King of Alsakan

Nov 25, 2007

Anything for a fellow supporter of the nobility. The tower is small and not that detailed, but other than that and compared to what else is out there, pretty good. Tell me if you need anymore.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I stumbled on this guys site a few days ago, pretty nice custom models, EU stuff included:

http://cosmosmodels.wordpress.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.