main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Was there ever a time when Quicksilver looked cool ?

patchworkz7, so a must buy eh for the new system, that's good. I thought the first infamous was alright but 2 was great and Second Son teleportation/smoke abilities look fun. What powers do you get this time around ? Telekinesis? No spoilers please.

That and Arkham Knight seem like my first 2 games for Ps4

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I've been somewhat convinced that A Return to Your Roots, at least in the "vanilla" version of the game, has a specific freezing glitch associated with it after its completion. When I would get the "bonus potion" there would often be a freeze shortly thereafter and I think I would even lose the extra potion. This happened near my Solitude house several times. Nowadays I just skip the quest by not reading Sinderion's journal in the first place. I don't think it's really a worthwhile quest, in the end, because who's going to configure their potion-making around a 25% chance of an extra that you can't count on? The ingredients that you need aren't going to be that hard to come by.
    ( Come to think of it, I didn't find Sinderion's quest in Oblivion to be noticeably useful either. **** Sinderion. )

3. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Here is a list of Easter Eggs from the last episode of Arrow. I totally missed the "Khandaq" one, pretty cool. Arrow should just cast their own Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and GL and just run with it. :)

From some of the spoilers I think they already came up with a stand in for the word mutants. I would still love to see some subtle tip of the hat in reference to Magneto though.

4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, the thing is I had freezing issues just walking around Blackreach, near the Debate Hall, after I beat the main quest, and in a few places on the surface after I finished A Return to Your Roots. I guess I should've looked to see if there were any issues related to the quest before I bothered with it. I am perfectly willing to abandon this playthrough and start anew with the Legendary Edition anyway, especially since I made the most out of this first playthrough considering how buggy the "vanilla" game can be at times. I may also just end up ignoring that quest in the future, because thirty ingredients is a lot to give away, even though they regrow after ten in-game days, and I have rarely bothered with alchemy or potions and poison in general.

5. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Just finished the story today. Loved every minute of it, though I wish we had seen more of Fetch, Hank and Eugene. Also, the Karma system needs to be a bit more integral in the game. More choices, and maybe some more neutral choices.

Love it and will continue playing.

What's your favorite powerset?

6. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    what powers are available to you ?

7. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    After about 3 weeks of internet being down, coming back full time is like culture shock. And it feels slow. :(

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  8. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005

I remember when Hurricane Sandy hit I was only a week without power but once I got back online the Disney Star Wars deal went down and the announcement of EP 7 was announced. It was slightly a revelation on what you can miss.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I know the feeling, I was doing a final exam when the news about Aaron Allston happened, so I only found out the following day.

10. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

I've only just picked up the Neon powerset (and that's not a spoiler as it's in the trailers), but I can sorta guess one power set from who we met at the beginning of the game. Unless that's a fake out and we don't end up playing with her set.

BTW, did you do the meta-game/ARG/online web game that ties into the game? The whole Origami thing or whatever it was?

The brief bit I saw about it on Kotaku sounded interesting. It sounds like the Legacy of Cole stuff isn't that great, but I'm not going to moan about free DLC.

Which, speaking of DLC, reminds me that the latest Burial at Sea for Bioshock is out or coming out and that I still need to finish Left Behind for Last of Us.

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  11. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Let me know how you like the ending for Left Behind.

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I was flipping through stations on the radio and came across Riding Solo, or whatever that song is, and cackled madly for an excessive amount of time because all I could think about was Star Wars Kinect. I'm glad I was alone and didn't have to explain myself.

GLORIOUS.

13. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    There's a very special place in Hell for that.

14. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I want to vomit.

15. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Every time I start to take Star Wars too seriously, I just remember that this is the franchise under which that was not only developed, but tested and approved, then released and fully endorsed by the people who were in charged of the video game division of the franchise we love and hold so dear. And then I laugh and sing along, because it cracks the shell of my sanity the same way a drop into a vat at Ace Chemicals broke the Joker. People say you either learn to laugh, or go crazy. I do both.

Point Given and Gamiel like this.
  16. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    These days I can't bring myself to take Star Wars seriously at all, but my hatred for the embedded song above is more about the song being recycled filth than it being related to Star Wars. It hurts my soul.

17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Fixed.

Other than that, I agree. ;)

18. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Maybe I have no soul because of stuff like that? :p

19. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Even assuming souls exist (which is a Stretch Armstrong at best), you've been around longer than crap like this.

20. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Very true- you're talking to a guy who makes a habit of listening to every top 40 song if only to be aware of current trends in the industry- but Han Solo's never danced to it, has he?

Don't get me wrong, I love well done novelty songs, but there are few things more painful than a poorly done novelty song.

21. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    (Double post)

22. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    You know you're bored when you take the time to draw the skeletal structure of various Pokemon. I just drew up an Alakazam.

[​IMG]

It's not perfect, as it's a combination of animals with modifications, but it's practice.

23. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Make Slowpoke. Hippos have weird skulls.

24. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Alas poor Alakazam, I knew him.

25. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm in full agreement.

Or, even if they don't cast them, make it clear that they do exist in the universe.

Though I suspect they're still uming-and-ahhing about whether or not to eventually tie the Arrowverse into the DCCU.

Still, even if they don't, yeah... Arrow already has the feel of a live action DCAU to it, which is great.

We'll see how the Flash show goes, I guess. I like the costume a lot.

darthscott3457 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.