main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    You don't necessarily have to watch from the beginning - a lot of the episodes are silly and fun - but if you watch the "storyline" episodes - especially anything involving the Ice King and Marceline - you're missing out on the full emotional impact of what happens.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  3. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Hi Lit friends. I've been MIA. I'm sure you've all been devastated by my absence.:p

CooperTFN likes this.
  4. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    You've continued liking my posts every so often. That's all I need, really.

Ulicus and krtmd like this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Of course we have missed you... eh, what-ever-you-name

Ulicus and krtmd like this.
  6. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Does Filoni have Barney Stinson's magic photo powers? Every picture I have seen of him he seems to have the exact same smirk, stubble, and hat.

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I remember him not having the hat in some of the behind the scenes videos.

It was scary.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You've been in JCC :p

9. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    That's true. I have talked GoT S4 - "how to **** up and alienate fans - with Jello et al in JCC.

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Who are you, again?

EDIT:
    And, looking back, I see Gamiel already beat me to this particular punch. *sigh*

11. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  12. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Yep. It's odd, from what Snyder's said his original plan for this movie was just to introduce Lex Luthor as the main antagonist and have the focus be on him and Superman. Batman wasn't supposed to come in until the very end when a piece of kryptonite is delivered to Mr. Bruce Wayne in a MCU-style stinger. Now, it looks like the suits have him putting together a Justice League movie in all but name. They want to cash in on the Avengers money pretty badly.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Cyborg in Batman/Superman? Well, I could see it being the same type of role Hawkeye had in Thor–that is, practically insignificant, for one scene, but just lets you know "he's here." That's basically what the article said, but there are different levels of "insignificant" roles. I wonder how important he'll be and what he'll do. Unlike Hawkeye, who was a SHIELD agent, I don't see how he could naturally fit into the movie for just a few scenes without feeling shoehorned.

Cynical_Ben likes this.
  14. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    This movie is sounding more and more like a Spiderman 3-level fiasco of studio meddling v quality storytelling. Only without Topher Grace. At this rate, the movie will be three hours long to try and jam all of the Leaguers in there, and somehow Wonder Woman will still only get ten minutes of screen time.

Gorefiend and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Is that a positive or negative?

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Spider-Man 3 was always enjoyable to me.

*dodges tomatoes*

17. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

YMMV. :p

CooperTFN and Revanfan1 like this.
  18. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  19. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah it sounds like a minor role from the articles, like Hawkeye in Thor. I know its getting a bit crowded, but I am still cautiously optimistic. Maybe if things go wrong the people behind Arrow could take over the movieverse.:)

For a Hal Jordan easter egg I would settle for this showing up in the movie:
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1, TrakNar and Cynical_Ben like this.
  20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Apparently ESO has the Fork of Horripulation, and an appearance by the Kothringi

Talk about obscure. Sadly, no Imga or Sload, as far as I can tell.

21. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    For those who want to play space war web-based games that play out over weeks and are as much about meta-gaming, alliances, and role-playing if you want...I have to recommend http://triton.ironhelmet.com/#account because it is AWESOME. And you can set up a lot of factors for the game. AFAIK, as long as someone has an account they can set up a session and others can log in via FB, Google, etc and the best way to play is making sure no one knows who you are behind your screen name.

I'm on day 19 of my current game and it's been a blast as I play with friends across six time zones. Backstabbing, intrigue, and fleets of spaceships crawling along as players pray their fleet will reach an enemy planet before the enemy notices them and sends reinforcements to save their planet.

Great fun!

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I just ran into the fork the other day. It actually wasn't familiar to me -- where's it appear normally?

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

23. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    It appeared in Morrowind and Shivering Islands.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Fork_of_Horripilation

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ahhh, ok. I didn't pay much attention during SI. It was good but couldn't make up for the crapfest that was Oblivion. And now thanks to ESO we're stick with its awful lore.

In other news I am finally seeing Cap2 tonight so I can stop running away screaming when people talk about it. I can even catch up with Shield, too.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    You haven't seen Cap 2 yet???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.