main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Those usurpers!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    You're more than welcome to talk to them about that. :p

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Unintentionally humorous typo is unintentionally humorous. ;)

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    This one wasn't fluttering around confused like the last one, so I was able to relocate it easily.

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

Not at all unintentional, my dear fellow. Allow me to refer you to this earlier post. :D

TrakNar likes this.
  6. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    So, Marvel updated their release calendar. Cap 3 has been added, as has the Doctor Strange movie. Interestingly enough, there are three films on the docket for 2017, all of which are currently untitled. That July's film is likely Avengers 3, but the other two are complete mysteries. Could we finally be getting a Mrs. Captain Marvel movie? Or is it the Black Widow film there was a clamoring for post-Cap 2? Or maybe Black Panther?

darthscott3457 likes this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    the promo-pic for Avengers NOW! by Sara Pichelli
    [​IMG]
    I see: Medusa, Scarlet Witch, Superior Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Bucky, Angela, Thor, Captain America, don't know and Deathlok

Personally I find Angela and Thor missing in muscle definition, especially Thor should have bigger biceps
    Do anybody know who burning guy is and if that is still Michael Collins' mind in the Deathlok body?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    A great image of lightning striking above Cornwall... in the shape of Cornwall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Okay, why does resizing the image NEVER WORK when you make a post, with it always coming out as large as before you did anything?

9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm glad, too, but the fact they seem to think "oh, we can't have more than one live action incarnation of Supes and Bats at a time!" infuriates me. People aren't stupid.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just so you know...I'm trying to read Chapter 21 of The Bacta War and all I can think about is this post, and that tapcaf with Ooryl and his friends.

TrakNar and Findswoman like this.
  11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    The Deathlok is a new character named Henry Hayes who was introduced in the Original Sins mini--pretty much an attempt to ape the TV version without it being the same guy. Fire boy is an Inhuman.

12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    And we love you too, Barriss! :p :D

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Thanks, any reason why he look like Michael Collins' Deathlok?

14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I just realized my compy had randomized to The Rains of Castamere when it was sitting in front of the open window. I probably shouldn't do that. Again. Especially in an apartment. At night.

It's sort of one of those moments you wish you had an earlier saved game to reload to.

16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Part of me is not totally surprised, but the other part of me kind of thought you'd end up as Elizabeth too.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I got Elizabeth after describing myself as "carefree." That quiz is ****ed.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Same. Although the description (I can't paste it) is identical to what quizzes that give me Elsa say, so I'm consistent! Generally: cold and scary exterior, but actually friendly and loyal to folks I know.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  23. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I got Prince Harry. I agree with anakinfan, it's a screwy quiz. I'm about the opposite of the party-boy prince in every way.

24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I...got Queen Elizabeth. Stickler for tradition, believing in rules and protocol...yep, that's me. Perceived to be cold, but responsible and capable? Yep, that's me.

Like you, GrandAdmiralJello, I'm pretty consistent in my quizzing. I always get the same type of character: somewhat strict, the "straight man," but also compassionate and kind. I've gotten Kristoff, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Aragorn, and Prince Charming from Once Upon a Time. Somebody tell me those aren't all the same type of character. :p

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Haha. I can see why Findswoman would think that I'd get EIIR from that description -- but the funny thing is that as much as I care for rules and tradition, I try to bend (not break) when I can. Charles is even more fitting because a lot of the stuff I get has his royal warrant on it. I have a lot with HM The Queen's as well, but obviously things like attire, umbrellas, men's grooming products etc would come from him. And I do generally like those.

He's stuffy but with a keen sense of humor. I can see it.

Revanfan1 this may be more of a Hans thing, but you should totally use that in your dating. Be like "Buzzfeed says I'm Prince Charming so it must be true!"

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Revanfan1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.