Indy IV to take place in 1959/60/61 timeframe....per latest SW Insider

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Blur, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blur Jedi Grand Master

star 4

I just read the latest issue of the Star Wars Insider, and there was a short article on IJ IV - it was stated that the movie would get made at some point (of course, I've been hearing that since 1993), and that IJ would roughly be the same age as Harrison Ford (makes sense).

Anyway, since Ford was born in 1942 he's 60 years old this year. And, since IJ was born in 1899, he would be 60 in 1959 - so, give or take a couple of years because the movie isn't actually out yet, and it looks like we'll see an IJ circa the Cold War era. Here's hoping this won't be a lame James Bond type flick, with Indy against the Russians/Cubans....
  2. keokiswahine Jedi Knight

star 5
    think "fountain of youth".

the ole archeologist is up against time now, and looks at historical stuff as an escape for the future?
  3. darth_boy Jedi Padawan

star 7
    I would love it to be a cold war thing IMHO
    -------
    Comic Book Guy
  4. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master

star 6
    It would be interesting seeing Ford in a Cold War type movie, although I think we've seen him in enough as of recently.

And I'm really wondering if old Indy can still kick it like he did back in the day? I mean, it sure would suck to see a whole movie with Indy and some bad guy arguing back and forth. Indiana Jones is known for the adventure aspect.. anything less than this (here's to hoping old age doesn't stop him) would just not be Indy.
  5. jangosdna Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Whatever they decide...I'm sure will be good
  6. HalmoWanew Jedi Youngling

Harrison Ford was featured in an episode of Young Indiana Jones. The episode takes place in the 20's and the 50's. In the 20's, Young Indy's hanging out with Eliot Ness and Al Capone... and in the 50's, Old Indiana is being chase by... you guessed it... Communist Russians!

Check out the episode here: http://www.indianajones.com/chapter20.html. You can see a picture of the aged Harrison/Indiana with a grey beard.
  7. CaptainRex24 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hello comrade Jones! LOL

The Russians will most likely be it...if the timeline is right.
  8. The_Spider-Man Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just as long as it's not some thugee cult like in TOD.
  9. WickedWicket Jedi Youngling

Let's put Indy in Nam. We haven't seen Harrison Ford in a Vietname flick since ... Apocalypse Now, where he played Col. G. Lucas.

Actually, an Indy/Vietnam movie would be kind of dumb. We could put Indy in outer-space, though - the 60s was the height of space exploration hype, after all. Apollo mission, anybody?
  10. Blur Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Sorry, but an Indy space or Vietnam movie would not work - I think we've all seen enough space/'Nam movies to last a lifetime. Why not something original? I think I remember hearing that there was an Indy script which had him going somewhere in the Middle East/Africa, called something like "Curse of the Monkey God" - not sureif that was the exact title, but it was something like that...
  11. bedada3 Jedi Master

star 4
    When did the Maoist Chinese invade Tibet. Wasn't it around 1960? Something involving Chinese history might be intersting.
  12. StarDude Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'm praying for something to do with the Soviets. Like in "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine."
  13. darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master

star 4
    There should be lots of snow in this one. He should go over to siberia with his daughter who doesn't find anything he does interesting until she starts to like it and does the action good which will amaze indy.
  14. StarDude Jedi Knight

star 5
    How about snow and dessert? After all, Indy is a globe-trotter.
  15. Blur Jedi Grand Master

star 4

The more I think about it, the Soviet idea in the snow sounds cool - I wouldn't mind seeing that, as long as some kind of artifact (religious or otherwise) is involved - that aspect needs to be in all of the IJ films...
  16. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    How about Indy going to find Noah's Ark. The Ark is on Mt. Ararat wich is in Turkey which has deserts and mountains covered with snow. Plus Turkey borders Russia.

Coming soon Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Other Lost Ark. ;)
  17. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    As long as I see bas guys being wiped out en masse by a religious artifact, I'm happy.

More melting bad guys, please. :)
  18. StarDude Jedi Knight

star 5
    What relic would be in Noah's Ark? What is supernatural about it? I go to church and I know the story and it's a good idea. I just don't see how it would work.
  19. UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master

star 4

I have always assumed it'll be the Soviets as the villains, but I am also interested in WHAT Indy will be getting his ass kicked over. (Every film has Indy getting beaten up, being older will only assist this process!)

Because Indy will be a lot older, everyone seems to think it'll be some Eternal Youth macguffin. Myself, I think we have already seen this with the Holy Grail.

I also cannot think of another Major religious relic/religion for Indy to infiltrate, (He has done Christian, Jewish and Hindu, and I doubt in this current climate that islam would induce a positive response from the american public), which leads me to think that this will be an even more fantastical adventure.

Thus, It may be something like Atlantis or Eldorado.

Though I'd pay good money to see "Indiana Jones versus The Aliens from Mars."

Seriously.

UKS
  20. Vanthorne_OX Jedi Master

star 3
    Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. At this point I'm not really concerned if it will involve Soviets, the Chinese, and/or the Beatles. I'm just glad we're getting another Indy.
  21. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wait, wait, wait, hold it! 59/60/61????? Indiana Jones????? I was okay with early to mid 50s, but this??? It seems like too much of a gap. In the immortal words of a certain claymated dog, "I don't know about this, Davie..."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.