main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Indy Knights and Magic Project

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Shara, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Today we had an IKM meeting, hosted by Mark (thanks so much!) It was him, myself, George, and new guy Quag_Myr_Rum. We talked about a lot of stuff, everything from costumes to silicon moldings. We have decided, though, on a new official project for IKM.

We are going to make a Yoda saber :D It is based on both the Master Replica's and the actual movie saber. You will need to contact Mark on arrangements and information on what we need and how to do it, but we will start on it at the next IKM meeting on July 27 (moved because I'll be out of town the previous weekend) at Mark's again. Please contact Mark for more information.

We need to know exactly how many of these sabers are going to be made in order to make sure we have enough materials. You will need to purchase two items on your own, or someone can purchase all of what we need and pay the person back. They are:

1 1/8" diameter, .049 wall thickness 6061 T6 Aluminum.
    1 1/4" round bar stock

You can order these items online, but Mark is going to look into finding a place here in town to get them.

Please let us know if you are going to do this, and either are going to buy the parts on your own or wish to buy it in bulk. If you show up at the meeting without any notice to either Mark or I, you will not be able to participate.

You can either post here or email one of us if you want to make a Yoda saber.

2. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    I would like to make a Yoda saber even though I am getting a Master Piece Replica for lower than book cost.
    If someone gets the materials I will pay you the cost. Also, like my custom Sith saber, I am going to add a light to mine.

3. theWOOK

theWOOK Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    Sorry I could not make it, I had relatives from MN stop in. I am definitly interested in the Yoda Saber. I will contact Mark.

4. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    IKM was fun. It was good to meet with and talk to some people in person.

The Yoda Sabre is cool. Mark had two versions he had made. This will be a great project. You can have a Yoda Sabre for under $50 (Master Rep's is $250.00) and the pride of saying that YOU made it.

What are you waiting for?

5. Hoot

Hoot Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Sorry I didn't make it. I have no real reason as to why I didn't.

6. Fyberdyne

Fyberdyne Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    We will be working on a movie version for IKM. I have 2 version of the one in The Visual Dictionary. There was never a actual movie one, it was CGI. But They purchase the image of the one in the VD and made some changes. I have some refferance and our will be simular to the Master Replica. But if you plan to get a MR one by all means do so. It will have more resale value.
    I am runnig a prototype this week. I will be out looking for materials. So contact me before buying material for this project.
    Mark

7. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    RESALE value??? Who would ever do such a thing???

8. Fyberdyne

Fyberdyne Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Ok I have looked in town with no real luck finding materials. I am sure we could get it here but not without buying way more then we need. But we can get it online. Also it come is sizes we can handel. So if you want to start getting stuff you can at metalsonline.com. Or at:
    http://www.airpartsinc.com/alumtube.htm
    I checked them out they do have what we need.
    1 1/8 inch round tubing .058 thick and we can get up to 8 foot section. We don't need that much.They will sell it in 6 inch or 1 foot sections. You only need 6inches per saber. I will only machine parts for one saber per person. But if you want to buy extra then please do so. I have purchase $40 worth of resin and other will be buying silicon. So some will needs extra tubing.
    Also we 1 1/4 inch round bar stock also at the airparts site. This will go further then the tubing.
    I am checking on found parts and have most of them worked out.
    Email me before buying anything so I know who is in and what you are getting. So we don't end up with just tubing.
    Mark
    We can make this a cheap project buy speading around the cost.

9. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Mark,

Did you try Ryerson Steel on English Ave. ?

10. Fyberdyne

Fyberdyne Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Mo I didn't but if they have a min order then it is out of price range. I didn't try alot of places after the 9th or 10th time I was told there was a $100 min order I stopped trying.
    Mark

11. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    try calling akalmp on keystone. they may have some spare scraps around

12. Fyberdyne

Fyberdyne Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2002
    Ok I need some tubing and round stock to do the 1st saber. I have done a prototype but it is only 1 inch in diameter. Yoda's is a little bigger. If some one want to go ahead and order some tubing and rod. I need some too. I have resin here already.So that is all we need.Tubing and bar stock per person.Call me if you plan on being a part of this project.
    Mark

13. SGT_SOCKO

SGT_SOCKO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    prop's you children make toys while we have built fully functonal SOCK'S !

DIE INDY DOGS

14. Captain_Argyle

Captain_Argyle Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    In pairs no less.

15. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    You use your miniature pairs of socks to keep your meat puppets warm.

By the way, I think that chicken is dead, so you can stop choking it.

16. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I ordered some tube and barstock. I twill be in Saturday or Monday. Material for 8 sabres is spoken for and there will be enough material left for 4 sabres. Covered are Cari, Mark, me, and the two others. The materials, with shipping, came to 3.70 per sabre. Not too bad. It was real easy to get and with ground UPS it takes about 2 days to get your shipment in Indy.

Look forward to meeting more people tonight at the meeting.

17. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    OMG thank you so much Quag. You so rock!!!

Edit: And btw, I've decided only to make one Yoda sabre (this is mostly to Mark).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.