main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy yes, Solo nope

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/Harrison_Ford_Turns_Down_Star_Wars_SpinOff_102877.asp

Harrison made the right choice I think. Go on Indy, pass on Solo.

Wonder what George is thinking, thought he said that part of the story was done, now he's changing his mind?

Or was he trying to get Harrison to do Solo for the TV series, maybe as Han looking back at the dark times?

And can we get rid of the Happy Holidays banner now? It was cool, but the holidays are over.

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    You misread, Sid. It says that George WANTED him to play Indy, but first tested the waters by asking him about playing Han. Meaning, he didn't actually HAVE a project with Han in mind, he was testing how Harrison would react first by bringing that project up, then when he was horrified, revealed the bait and switch and, effectively, said, "Hey, if you're scared of playing Han, Indy would be a walk in the park, wouldn't it?" And Harrison agreed.

So, no, there is no indication of a SW project that George was seriously looking for Harrison to participate in.

Still, poo on you, Harrison, for STILL being a curmudgeon about your "Han years." Sheesh. Thanks a lot.

- Kai, snorting, "Corellians...can't live with 'em and taxidermy isn't lifelike enough..."

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh Gods...can't breath...laughing too hard!!!

As for Harrison... just wonder was he actually truly horrified, or was he horrified because Calista told him to be? [face_devil] ;)

4. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I dunno, considering the sneering he's done over the years regarding Han and SW, I'd hazard he could've been horrified all on his own, sadly. Never seemed there was much love lost for that project.

- Kai, busy setting up taxidermy shop

5. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    The UK's Daily Star is one step up from the USA's National Enquirer.

100% Fabrication.

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Got some proof on that? Not doubting, but I've seen nothing to indicate this was a fabrication. It's shown up several places. Would be interesting to get verification...

- Kai

7. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Yes. The Daily Star is such a classy paper they still have "Page 3 Girls" which is basically a topless "model" on page 3 of the paper everyday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.